ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets in talks with Packers, Aaron Rodgers
Eleazar 12:54 PM 03-07-2023
Jets in talks with Packers, Aaron Rodgers, sources say

The New York Jets have had conversations with the Green Bay Packers and with quarterback Aaron Rodgers this week regarding a potential trade of the four-time MVP to the Jets, according to sources.

The sources said some of those conversations were expected to take place Tuesday, but that it's unclear as of Tuesday morning whether they will result in a trade.

Rodgers still has not made any announcements about what he intends to do this season. It's still possible he decides to retire, or to stay in Green Bay. But if he still wants to play and he and the Packers agree it's time for him to play somewhere else, the Jets appear to be a realistic option.

If the Jets are speaking directly with Rodgers, they and he would have had to secure the Packers' permission, as he is still under contract with Green Bay. So, the discussions Rodgers is having with the Jets indicate at least some openness on the part of the Packers to the idea of trading him there.

But there are potential complications to a deal, including Rodgers' huge and complicated contract, that might have to be addressed to make sure both teams would be in compliance with the salary cap by the start of the league year next Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET.

Rodgers is under contract through 2024 for $108.8 million. Technically, the contract, signed last March, runs through 2026, but 2025 and 2026 are considered "dummy" years for cap purposes. His deal includes a fully guaranteed $59.5 million this season, with $58.3 million coming in the form of an option bonus, payable before the start of the regular season.

Because his bonus money is prorated, Rodgers wouldn't hobble the Jets' cap. He would count $15.8 million in 2023 and $32.5 million in 2024, cap-friendly for a player of his stature.

The Packers would get hit with a $40.3 million "dead" charge in 2023 -- nearly $9 million more than he'd count if he were on the roster.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-sources-say
[Reply]
Spott 03:17 PM 03-07-2023
He looked terrible last year and his age looks like it’s finally caught up with him. He’d be better off just retiring instead of trying to jumpstart that dumpster fire franchise at this stage in his career.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:18 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
He looked terrible last year and his age looks like it’s finally caught up with him. He’d be better off just retiring instead of trying to jumpstart that dumpster fire franchise at this stage in his career.
Yup. But whatever. I'm just here to watch it all crash and burn.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 03:30 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Well, they did win the SB with each of them... but I like the idea that we are now a franchise that can turn up its nose at only winning the SB once with a HOF QB
every year chiefs fans become more and more insufferable and it owns so hard
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:33 PM 03-07-2023
So with Henne retired, do we bring Zach Wilson in for a look? :-)
Hell no, he would spend all his time trying to bang Pat's mom. NTTIAWWT.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 09:49 PM 03-07-2023
Green Bay really does need to rebuild so trading Rodgers is the right decision. I'm not sure what fair trade compensation is for a QB Rodgers age who probably just plays another 2-3 seasons.

Rodgers didn't just lose it after back to back MVP seasons. He lost a ton of talent around him and so it was no surprise his numbers got much worse.

With QBs like Mahomes, Burrow, Tua, Hurts having great talent around them on offense when you factor in everything(line/receivers/TEs) I doubt Rodgers will get back into MVP contention if he goes to the Jets but he still could lead the Jets to the playoffs.

Rodgers would be rejuvenated going to the Jets and probably practice more with Jets receivers but end of the day, the Jets don't have that much talent on offense when you factor in the importance of an offensive line... their defense is very good but it is not the 2015 Broncos so I just don't see the Jets as this big post season threat to Chiefs/Bengals even if they got Rodgers.
[Reply]
srvy 10:08 PM 03-07-2023
If I was Miami I'd be all over Aaron Rodgers just think what Reek and Waddle could do with Aaron chucking the pigskin their way. Probably no money to make that move but hell I would give Rogers a look any day over alligator armed old fossil Brady.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 01:30 AM 03-08-2023
California flakey dude takes highly public job in no patience New York. What could go wrong
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:53 AM 03-08-2023
I'm sure the NY media will treat him fairly.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:36 AM 03-08-2023
I'm fairly shocked Shanahan hasn't went all in on him
[Reply]
Kman34 06:46 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-) it will end in an unmitigated disaster.
That’s how I see it.. The smug SOB won’t work in the off-season with his new WRs and it will take half the year to get in sync… By the time they are 3-5 and finish 10-7 at best.. Maybe a wild card bounce out..
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 07:05 AM 03-08-2023
Well, they did win the SB with each of them... but I like the idea that we are now a franchise that can turn up its nose at only winning the SB once with a HOF QB
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
LOL, its not so much that but come on, ONE SB with Favre? One SB with Rodgers?

Seriously, that puts them in with the likes of Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco and Brad Johnson. Granted there are some Great QBs to have only won one but Green Bay had Two of the all time Greats for over a decade each. Id say they wasted them.
Yeah I definitely think it's a pretty luke warm take to say that 2 Super Bowls in three straight decades of HOF QB play is disappointing.

As a Chiefs fan, the perspective went from "what a waste of a HOF QB, I'd love to have one of those" to "What a waste of talent, glad KC isn't like that".

Sent from my Galaxy S10
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:15 AM 03-08-2023
Does it mean Rodgers is going to text pictures of his wang to the Jets' sideline reporter?

Will he start running welfare scams in Mississippi?
Anyone know where one can apply to be a Jets sideline reporter? Asking for Big Bill
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:56 PM 03-13-2023
Finally?

𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is being traded to the #Jets, per @wingoz

"It's done." pic.twitter.com/k2L3SlfOnp

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) March 13, 2023

[Reply]
Graystoke 01:30 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Finally?

And Knowmo weeps.

A year late and a donkey short.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:35 PM 03-13-2023
This is the same equivalent to someone on this board posting the "IT'S HAPPENING!" gif. I'm supposed to believe that Trey F***in Wingo has better sources than Schefter, Rapoport or any other mainline new reporter?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up