ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Man, Adebawore is really interesting.
Chris Meck 06:46 PM 03-06-2023
I mean, he's short-ish, at what, 6'1"? But pretty long arms. He runs a damned 4.5 at 280 pounds.

I mean, inside, outside, wherever, he's a mismatch. Interesting chess piece. Can you imagine him next to Jones inside on passing downs? Or both outside?

I mean, we've obviously got a need at LT this moment, but damn. Scouting reports are that he's got high football intelligence, too. Just seems like a really interesting fit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:04 PM 03-06-2023
Apparently, only to me!

LOL
[Reply]
kccrow 10:22 PM 03-06-2023
No, he's interesting but it's the positional variance like you mentioned that makes him difficult to peg. I think he's a 3-tech interior pass rusher or might pass as a 5-tech in a 3-4 because he has decent arm length. He's going to be very, very linear on the edge. I think you try to get him up at least another 10-15 pounds and let him work the interior where he's best.

He's interesting because he came into this with 5th-round grades but was primarily looked at as an edge in that regard. I think he has a bit more value than that if you look at developing him inside. He's a bit bigger and longer than Calijah Kancey and he's been carrying a pretty consistent 2nd round grade. The production is close there.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:20 PM 03-06-2023
I really like him, I chose him in my mock draft. I could see him in the Dana roll but even better.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:49 PM 03-08-2023
Too short for my liking.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:07 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
No, he's interesting but it's the positional variance like you mentioned that makes him difficult to peg. I think he's a 3-tech interior pass rusher or might pass as a 5-tech in a 3-4 because he has decent arm length. He's going to be very, very linear on the edge. I think you try to get him up at least another 10-15 pounds and let him work the interior where he's best.

He's interesting because he came into this with 5th-round grades but was primarily looked at as an edge in that regard. I think he has a bit more value than that if you look at developing him inside. He's a bit bigger and longer than Calijah Kancey and he's been carrying a pretty consistent 2nd round grade. The production is close there.
He's another "PFF were on him early" guy to be fair. They had him in the 1st, dropped him into the second and now are suggesting he's an early second maybe even late 1st. I think he'll go in between our first 2 picks sadly.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 04:11 AM 03-09-2023
Interesting player and from KC too.

Height is the one thing that is a bit off.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:51 AM 03-09-2023
See, the height is a thing, HOWEVER, he's still got decent length-he's got long arms. He's got blinding speed, and is strong as an ox.

He could be a rich man's Mike Danna. You could move him inside and outside.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
See, the height is a thing, HOWEVER, he's still got decent length-he's got long arms. He's got blinding speed, and is strong as an ox.

He could be a rich man's Mike Danna. You could move him inside and outside.
There's been plenty of shorter, good pass rushers. If anything, being a bit shorter changes their leverage. Dwight Freeney comes to mind. He was exceptional at getting himself under the blocker and using it as leverage.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:31 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's been plenty of shorter, good pass rushers. If anything, being a bit shorter changes their leverage. Dwight Freeney comes to mind. He was exceptional at getting himself under the blocker and using it as leverage.
Elvis Dumerville as well.

Spags would love his versatility, enough to overlook the height. He adds another ability for Spags to disguise what he's doing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:40 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Elvis Dumerville as well.

Spags would love his versatility, enough to overlook the height. He adds another ability for Spags to disguise what he's doing.
I really think the entire staff, from Veach to Spags, likes guys that are "multiple" on the DL. To this day, I'm 100% sure they drafted a guy like Breeland Speaks because he had played both DT and DE in college (even though he couldn't do either well). There's other examples on the team but the way they move guys up front around, a guy like Adebawore is an intriguing prospect.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:43 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I really think the entire staff, from Veach to Spags, likes guys that are "multiple" on the DL. To this day, I'm 100% sure they drafted a guy like Breeland Speaks because he had played both DT and DE in college (even though he couldn't do either well). There's other examples on the team but the way they move guys up front around, a guy like Adebawore is an intriguing prospect.
His size measurables are very close to John Randle
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:50 PM 03-09-2023
I look at him like this-

Compare him to Mike Danna, and how he is used.

He's heavier, longer arms, SO much faster. He's like a rich man's Mike Danna.

You could use him to great effect in all of the ways you use Danna and I see no earthly reason why he wouldn't be far better at it.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:57 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I look at him like this-

Compare him to Mike Danna, and how he is used.

He's heavier, longer arms, SO much faster. He's like a rich man's Mike Danna.

You could use him to great effect in all of the ways you use Danna and I see no earthly reason why he wouldn't be far better at it.
I'd compare him more to Wharton in terms of size but his college production came more like Danna. He's an oddity, for sure. I do like him a lot more in a Wharton role though if he can bulk up a bit. Not sure how I feel as a rotational DE, but Danna is fairly effective in his role. Of course, those guys came cheaper than Adebawore might.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:22 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd compare him more to Wharton in terms of size but his college production came more like Danna. He's an oddity, for sure. I do like him a lot more in a Wharton role though if he can bulk up a bit. Not sure how I feel as a rotational DE, but Danna is fairly effective in his role. Of course, those guys came cheaper than Adebawore might.
Danna is more than a rotational DE. He lines up inside quite a bit. Spags love to move guys around, which is why I find Adewore interesting. You can absolutely rush him from inside at 282 pounds. He's Aaron Donald's size. But he's fast enough to rush from outside and really threaten the edge. And he can run down anyone alive behind the line of scrimmage.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up