ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 196 of 270
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206246 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:57 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Why only 27 in that picture?

Some teams dont have a typical gm.

Jerry in dallas, billy boy in new england.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:33 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Pretty much what I've said since the beginning. We're not paying that much to acquire him and we're not paying that salary, either.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:42 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Pretty much what I've said since the beginning. We're not paying that much to acquire him and we're not paying that salary, either.
Yeah, me too. Nobody's listening.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:52 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Would you like to bet that he goes for the equivalent of less than a 2 and then what you've been saying since the beginning really isn't that relevant?

When Cooks goes for what he did and when the Texans pick up salary in the process, arguing that we're not going to send Arizona a 2 and pick up his entire salary is like arguing that the sun isn't going to rise in the west.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:23 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nice. The Chiefs not getting him wouldn't bother me as long as he doesn't go to somewhere like Buffalo.
This is where I'm at. Go to the NFC.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:45 PM 03-28-2023
The best thing for KC would probably be for him to stay at AZ.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:46 PM 03-28-2023
They were never going to get a second.

After the Cooks deal which was a 23 5th and 24 6th, I think that sets the floor for a deal.

A realistic offer would be a 23 4th and 24 5th and they would need to eat some salary, just as Houston did. Or DeAndre agrees to a new contract.

I think thats fair for both sides and IF it happens, I expect it to be something like this.

Hopkins does not want to waste the last few years of his career. If he really starts pushing the issue that will force AZs hand. They will not have a real QB for most of this season and you could argue that they still wont even when Murray comes back.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:56 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Would you like to bet that he goes for the equivalent of less than a 2 and then what you've been saying since the beginning really isn't that relevant?

When Cooks goes for what he did and when the Texans pick up salary in the process, arguing that we're not going to send Arizona a 2 and pick up his entire salary is like arguing that the sun isn't going to rise in the west.
What do you think would be ok for the Chiefs? The highest pick I'd give up is a 5th and wouldn't want to pay more than $12 mil/ye for the guy. What do you think the Chiefs would offer and be willing to pay him?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:18 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What do you think would be ok for the Chiefs? The highest pick I'd give up is a 5th and wouldn't want to pay more than $12 mil/ye for the guy. What do you think the Chiefs would offer and be willing to pay him?
I've not been very interested in him, but hell, compared to what Theilen just signed for???

12 mil and a 5th sounds really cheap.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:36 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I've not been very interested in him, but hell, compared to what Theilen just signed for??? 12 mil and a 5th sounds really cheap.
Not getting him anyway. But never get him down to $12 million/yr. that's a pipe dream. Like literally, what's in your pipe?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:28 AM 03-29-2023
I think he will get traded but it won't be for a second round pick. Still a few weeks until the draft. That have plenty of time before they have to drop their asking price to move him. It won't be by us though.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:35 AM 03-29-2023
IMO

a 3rd & 2024 5th.

or

a 4th and a 2024 4th.

Should get it done.
[Reply]
Strongside 05:44 AM 03-29-2023
Hopkins also said himself that he would be willing to flex on the rest of his contract to make a trade work if the team fit was right. I don't have the source, but I remember that early in the offseason.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:58 AM 03-29-2023
This thread is getting dumb.

The thread title is "Do we want DeHop?" The answer to that question for any Chiefs fan should be "yes, we would be stupid to not want DeHop because he would instantly be the best receiver on the team and fits a huge need." The question then becomes at what cost, if you were Brett Veach, would you be a buyer? The answer to that question, at least for me, is simple. You don't trade anything above a third round pick if you are only trading one pick or anything above a fourth round pick if you are trading more than one pick. You also have to restructure his contract. A restructure to get his cap hit down to 8-10 million this year would be palatable. I don't know what that looks like or how feasible it is, but that is the only way I would make the trade.
[Reply]
In58men 06:06 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
IMO

a 3rd & 2024 5th.

or

a 4th and a 2024 4th.

Should get it done.
DON’T FORGET ABOUT HIS CONTRACT!!!!!!

IT’S MORE THAN JUST DRAFT PICKS!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 196 of 270