ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Blake Freeland is going to be a Chief.
Chris Meck 04:34 PM 02-24-2023
Just go ahead and book it.

I'm not saying he's a starter right away, I'm not saying he's the guy at #31, I'm just saying he's going to be drafted by KC.

Probably the pick at the end of the third.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:36 AM 02-27-2023
It won't be at #31.

late third or fourth.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02-27-2023, 06:36 AM
This message has been deleted by Chris Meck.
Hark Clunt 10:56 AM 03-02-2023
am i the only one who just recently learned reid is mormon? i had no idea.

anyway, freeland has definitely been on my draft radar. he has all the measurements you'd look for, but the knock on him seems to be pass protection. he sometimes had trouble dealing with speedy rushers at BYU. he's stiff and his footwork will need improving. that's why he's not a first rounder.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:54 PM 03-02-2023

[Reply]
tmax63 01:31 PM 03-05-2023
37" vertical and a 4.96 40 time.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:57 PM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by tmax63:
37" vertical and a 4.96 40 time.
He's about 15lbs too light for that frame. Guy won't be ready year one, which is fine if he's taken in rounds 3-4. Just can't expect him to start day 1 and not get abused by both elite power and speed.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:01 PM 03-06-2023
I could absolutely see us taking him at 31. Not saying we will but damn guys. Do you guys know how athletic this kid was?

4.98 40 yard dash
1.68 10 yard split-among best in combine history for OL
37 vert-best among all lineman
7.46 3 cone-4th best among OL

He’s better than Eric Fisher at every metric listed. Andy loves athletic tackles. It’s not just a BYU thing
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:02 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I could absolutely see us taking him at 31. Not saying we will but damn guys. Do you guys know how athletic this kid was?

4.98 40 yard dash

He’s better than Eric Fisher at every metric listed. Andy loves athletic tackles. It’s not just a BYU thing
Yeah...but how is he at actually blocking people?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:40 AM 03-07-2023
I was thinking about this some last night after the news broke that OBj might not be back. He could still sign a contract here but I'm not crying about him being gone.

I think the best course of action might be signing a stop-gap in free agency as a hedge against all things that could go wrong in a draft. I'm a big fan of signing Andre Dillard.

In the draft, if you can't work a trade then I'm okay with this guy in the 2nd. He's got his warts, but not any more so than OBj.
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 03-07-2023
That's kind of the thing after I've let this marinate for a bit. You need to get atleast a servicable stopgap in here first, but then just go to the draft and see what happens.
[Reply]
kcbubb 03:20 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

4.98 40 yard dash

He’s ceiling is super high. He does need weight and strength but the frame and athleticism are there. I’d love him in the 2nd, maybe anround 45, unless we can get Broderick Jones in the first. We have options at LT. We’d need a one year stop gap with Freeland.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:37 PM 03-25-2023
He killed his pro day. Dude is athletic as hell and that amount of bench reps for his arm length is insane. He might end up at the end of rd 1. Not entirely likely, but possible.

Originally Posted by :
Offensive tackle Blake Freeland continues his ascent up draft boards. After a sensational Combine, Freeland looked good at his pro day. He completed 25 reps on the bench press, a terrific number considering his arms measure a shade under 34″. His times in the short shuttle were clocked in the low 4.3s, with a three-cone that came in right around 7.2 seconds — both outstanding marks.

Freeland did a lot of drills to simulate pulling across the line of scrimmage and was asked to pick up tennis balls on the way. He’s solidified himself as a top-50 pick for a zone-blocking-heavy offense.
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/p...medium=twitter
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:35 PM 03-25-2023
Everyone is going top 50!!!!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:01 PM 04-05-2023
SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY

Freeland is an elite athletic talent, with ridiculous speed, agility, and leaping ability worthy of the best wide receivers in the class. But he's not just a workout warrior - he's actually an excellent player who has improved each and every year at BYU and he projects to being an outstanding pass protector at the next level. Our only main concern with Freeland is his weight, which at just 302 lbs and 6-7 may leave him susceptible to power rushers.

Freeland's stock has skyrocketed of late - particularly after the combine and it looks like he'll not last past the end of the second round of the 2023 NFL draft.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:13 PM 04-05-2023
I like that his #1 physical deficiency is weight, and #2 bench. He just needs to gain some weight to improve in both those categories. Should be easy enough, I've gained plenty since college lol

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...reeland-OL-BYU
[Reply]
kccrow 10:39 PM 04-05-2023
I did a mock this morning with

1. DE Isaiah Foskey
2. OT Blake Freeland
3. WR Jonathan Mingo

I didn't post it because I'm just not sure any make it to the end of their respective rounds but I'd be pretty stoked with that outcome.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up