ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Blake Freeland is going to be a Chief.
Chris Meck 04:34 PM 02-24-2023
Just go ahead and book it.

I'm not saying he's a starter right away, I'm not saying he's the guy at #31, I'm just saying he's going to be drafted by KC.

Probably the pick at the end of the third.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:02 PM 02-24-2023
I would put high odds on that as well.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:44 PM 02-24-2023
The one Day 3 player I'd hang my hat on being drafted by this team would be Roshon Johnson, Texas RB.

Dude is a former QB who runs solid routes, great hands, you can trust him in pass protection, and he's got a good 225 lbs body for short yardage, which we currently can't do.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:03 PM 02-24-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Just go ahead and book it.

I'm not saying he's a starter right away, I'm not saying he's the guy at #31, I'm just saying he's going to be drafted by KC.

Probably the pick at the end of the third.
Is it the fact that he's a massive human being that plays both tackle positions or that he's from BYU? Maybe a combination of the two?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:52 PM 02-24-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Is it the fact that he's a massive human being that plays both tackle positions or that he's from BYU? Maybe a combination of the two?
Both of those things, as well as the scouting reports indicating that he's a very smart kid, and a plus athlete, just some raw technique issues. That sounds like an Andy Reid special.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:35 PM 02-24-2023
Reid has only ever taken one player in the draft from BYU and that was Scott Young in 2005 as a 5th-round OG and he sucked ass.

I wouldn't lock in on it. I mean, sure, it has a non-zero chance of happening but I wouldn't make the odds too high. Everyone thought he'd take Brady Christensen a couple of years ago at OT too and that didn't happen.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:43 PM 02-24-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Reid has only ever taken one player in the draft from BYU and that was Scott Young in 2005 as a 5th-round OG and he sucked ass.

I wouldn't lock in on it. I mean, sure, it has a non-zero chance of happening but I wouldn't make the odds too high. Everyone thought he'd take Brady Christensen a couple of years ago at OT too and that didn't happen.
He's got the measurables, and seems to be the type of kid they're drafting these days, and though we've not drafted a BYU guy, we've had one every year from Sorensen to Andersen or whatever his name is.

It's not so much the BYU thing as it is I just think that Freeland is the kind of prospect we'd take, perfect size plus athlete, smart kid. Plus BYU.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:57 PM 02-24-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He's got the measurables, and seems to be the type of kid they're drafting these days, and though we've not drafted a BYU guy, we've had one every year from Sorensen to Andersen or whatever his name is.

It's not so much the BYU thing as it is I just think that Freeland is the kind of prospect we'd take, perfect size plus athlete, smart kid. Plus BYU.
Yeah and the same issues our current tackles have with speed up the arc and crossing their face off ghost moves. I dunno. I don't hate the kid as a prospect but I sure don't love him either. I don't think he's going to make it to the 3rd, at least not where KC picks. Christensen went at 70 and Freeland is a little bit better.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:02 PM 02-25-2023
If we sign OBJ long term, I don't think we go OT in the first and instead look to Freeland, Nelson, Morris, or Haggard at RT in the 3rd or 4th.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:08 PM 02-25-2023
RB Deuce Vaughn seems readymade.

The Chiefs need a CEH type RB. Vaughn is a 6th round prospect who’s built to do everything Clyde gives you and should be infinitely harder to tackle.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:39 PM 02-25-2023
Wouldn't mind seeing Jaren Hall from BYU get a look either. Would be fun to see him running the scout team.
[Reply]
noblestofall 05:03 PM 02-26-2023
I would rather take JAxson Kirkland from Washington
[Reply]
threebag 06:04 PM 02-26-2023

We’re getting us a fatty at 31, Sacc would be so happy, but he’d be happier if he was from Utah. RIP
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:42 PM 02-26-2023
Is it just Daniel Sorensen and Zayne Anderson who have been our only BYU guys to be active in a regular season game as a Chief during the Reid era?
[Reply]
kccrow 06:52 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Is it just Daniel Sorensen and Zayne Anderson who have been our only BYU guys to be active in a regular season game as a Chief during the Reid era?
Dipping into the BYU well is just not something Reid has done much historically.

I mentioned Young as his lone draft pick.

The only other's I know of aside from Sorensen and Anderson to play for Reid are Chad Lewis (TE), who was also an UDFA, and I think the old 80's punter Lee Johnson did a short cameo in Philly the year he retired.

I guess I'd never just assume a guy will be on Reid's radar just because he went to BYU. If Freeland ends up on his radar its because Veach thinks the traits are there. He's borderline to me but I could find bigger things to bitch about.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up