ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk Defensive Line
Couch-Potato 02:02 PM 02-18-2023
Went through a bunch of threads to identify all of our interests across the defensive line, is this all of them? Who else should be added to the list? Removed from the list? Should anyone be moved up or down on the draft target list?

FA Targets
-DE Yannick Ngakoue, IND
-DT Da’ron Payne, WAS
-DT Poona Ford, SEA
-DE Jadaveon Clowney, CLV
-DT Kalen Saunders, KC
-DT Greg Gains, LAR
-DT Armon Watts, CHI
-DE Ardon Key, JAX
-DE Clean Ferril, LVR
-DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, HOU
-DT Chris Wormley, PIT
-DT Maurice Hurst, SF
-DT Andrew Billings, CIN

Vet Trade Targets
-DE Brian Burns, CAR
-DE Chase Young, WAS
-DE Carl Granderson, New Orleans
-DE Za'Darius Smith, Minnesota
-DE D.J. Wonnum, Minnesota

1st Rd Targets
-DT Byran Breese,
-DE Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
-DE BJ Ojulari, LSU
-DE Keion White, Georgia Tech
-DE Derick Hall, Auburn
-DE Isahiah Foskey, ND
-DE Nolan Smith, Georgia
-DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC
-DE Andre Carter, Army

2nd Rd Targets
-DT Siaki Ika, BU
-DE Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
-DL Calijah Kancey, Pitt
-DE Zach Harrison, Ohio State
-DE Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State
-DT Mazi Smith, Michigan

3rd Rd Targets
-DT Gervon Dexter, Florida
-NT Keanu Benton, Wisconsin
-DE Adetomiwa Adebawore, Northwestern
-DL Byron Young, Tennessee
-DT Zack Pickens, South Carolina
-DL Mike Morris, Michigan
-DE Dylan Horton, TCU

4th Rd Targets
-DT Byron Young, Alabama
-DE Viliami Fehoko, San Jose St
-DE Thomas Incoom, Central Michigan
-DL Yaya Diabi, Louisville
-DE Habakkuk Baldonado, Pitt

5th-7th Rd Targets
-DE Isaiah McGuire, Missouri
-DE Caleb Murphy, Ferris St
-DE Derek Parish, Houston
-DT Dante Stills, West Virginia
-NT Elijah Simmons, Tennessee
[Reply]
staylor26 10:55 AM 03-27-2023
One thing I've heard about Felix is that he has a high football IQ and understands how to formulate a pass rush plan. They says he's a guy that is going to interview well and win teams over that way.

That might be why he goes a little higher than expected.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:10 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And that's where I just keep landing with him.

I don't dislike the guy as a prospect - I just can't see a scenario where he's even one of my 3 favorite guys on the board. I should go run a mock where I just screw the Chiefs with every pick I make (within reason) and see if I can get him there.

I mean you can take 10 guys off the board for KC pretty immediately; maybe even 15. And once you get that done, I can probably still make a list of 20 guys I'd rather have. Felix is probably in/around 40th or so on any kind of generic 'big board' I'd make.
I think that's reasonable. I may be a little higher on him, but he's definitely early 2nd more than late 1st in my mind. Not a reach at 31 but not a slam dunk either, imo. In terms of what I'm expecting to be left at DE, I'm guessing he will be in my top 3. I prefer him to guys like Foskey and Hall.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:03 AM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
One thing I've heard about Felix is that he has a high football IQ and understands how to formulate a pass rush plan. They says he's a guy that is going to interview well and win teams over that way.

That might be why he goes a little higher than expected.
He’s got good lateral agility. That’s for sure. I like him.

Approx. 6.84second 3 Cone Drill from Felix Anudike-Uzomah. Would’ve ranked as the 5th best time at the #NFLCombine overall among all positions. https://t.co/Tnxvrv9V9m

— Wyatt Bolinger (@WyattBolinger) March 31, 2023

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:34 AM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I think that's reasonable. I may be a little higher on him, but he's definitely early 2nd more than late 1st in my mind. Not a reach at 31 but not a slam dunk either, imo. In terms of what I'm expecting to be left at DE, I'm guessing he will be in my top 3. I prefer him to guys like Foskey and Hall.
I'd like any of those three guys, and I see them all as basically interchangeable.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 04-01-2023
https://twitter.com/nate_tice/status...lHXA6BeO88mpxA
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 04-01-2023
Mazi next to jones would be real fun
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:04 PM 04-01-2023
I struggle to think the Chiefs will take DT in the first unless it’s an heir apparent to Jones. Spags just doesn’t value the 1-tech as much.

If he can get himself another edge in the first, and now you’ve got a NASCAR package of Jones with any three of Karlaftis/Omenihu/Danna/(FAU/McDonald/Ade Ade/Murphy/Ojulari/Hall)…. I mean, come on.

Unless the Chiefs are just bankrupt at ideas for what to do at WR… DE just has to be the pick.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:06 PM 04-01-2023
All the things you guys are saying about FAU, by the way, you could have been saying about Hali in 2006.

FAU = Tamba
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:20 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
All the things you guys are saying about FAU, by the way, you could have been saying about Hali in 2006.

FAU = Tamba
Oh no.

Felix is a much, MUCH better athlete than Hali ever was. The knock on Hali was that he was a 'try hard', 'high motor' guy but athletically limited.

Felix is a much better athlete.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:36 PM 04-01-2023
Found this little nugget today on D-Line...

It's from PFF but if you like metric-based analysis, it may or may not confirm your own eyeballs.

A few guys I really like happen to have some solid metrics.

In terms of size to play the position as a 1T DT and combined abilities against the pass and run, Keeanu Benton is as good as it gets.

If you're looking for a well-rounded sleeper as more of a 3T DT, then Kobie Turner is up there. I really thought about him as a pick for the Chiefs in the mock when I took Pickens instead but I just like Pickens snap quickness better. PFF metrics lean hard to Turner though.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:47 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s got good lateral agility. That’s for sure. I like him.

Ok, I'm ready to put this guy on the 1st round target list.
[Reply]
O.city 11:55 AM 04-04-2023
Prisco has Nolan Smith falling to us at 31. I'd love that.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:15 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Prisco has Nolan Smith falling to us at 31. I'd love that.
Do you think they'd use a first round pick on a DE under 240lbs?
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Do you think they'd use a first round pick on a DE under 240lbs?
It would be against their previous DE choices but McDuffie was against that at CB last year so who knows.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:06 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
It would be against their previous DE choices but McDuffie was against that at CB last year so who knows.
What made McDuffie an outlier?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up