Zay Flowers, Boston College

EDGE:

Keion White, Georgia Tech
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas St.
Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
B.J. Ojulari, LSU

DT:

Mazi Smith, Michigan

As it stands right now, feel pretty confident that our first round pick will be one of these guys.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:56 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
I'd drop Bijan Robinson for DE Foskey, love that dude's tape. I can't bring myself to draft another RB in the top three after CEH debacle and finding Pacheco in the 7th. There's just so much more value in other positions. I'd also prob add in Dawand Jones for RT, lock that o line down.
Others likely feel the same way that you do about RBs which means he might drop from Top 10 talent to us at #31. I'm not screaming for a RB in RD 1, but we have the #1 roster and if a generational talent falls to us then maybe "BPA."

I like Jones a lot! But I think bc we have OBJ, and fans don't love his play style already, a faster footed RT would be preferable. He wouldn't bother me as our #1 one bit if Andy likes him, but I think he's climbing up from the second rather than falling from the top half of the first.

I think we'll get our choice of Foskey, Hall, Ojulari, White, Tuipuloto, Harrison, Carter or McDonald minus one or two at the bottom of the first but none were considered a top 10 talent that might slide down on draft day like Breese. Of those DEs mentioned, I think Foskey, White, Tuipuloto, and Harrison fit Spags size requirements with Harrison being the fastest and Tuipuloto having the most sacks.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:02 PM 02-20-2023
Question for you draft experts, which I am not. Is there any realistic chance the Chiefs draft Travis Kelce 2.0 with their late first round pick? He's projected to go late 1st. It doesnt seem like a position of need, but come on, Travis Kelce 2.0 is hard to pass up. QB wasnt a need when we drafted Mahomes, they said.

Can I get my hopes up at all here or nah?

For clarity: Luke Musgrave, Oregon State University.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:07 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Question for you draft experts, which I am not. Is there any realistic chance the Chiefs draft Travis Kelce 2.0 with their late first round pick? He's projected to go late 1st. It doesnt seem like a position of need, but come on, Travis Kelce 2.0 is hard to pass up. QB wasnt a need when we drafted Mahomes, they said.

Can I get my hopes up at all here or nah?

For clarity: Luke Musgrave, Oregon State University.
If they can fill some holes in FA, I think it's a very real possibility.

Honestly, if the Chiefs can come into the draft with the plan of taking the best WR or TE available, that would probably be ideal.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:18 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Honestly, if the Chiefs can come into the draft with the plan of taking the best WR or TE available, that would probably be ideal.
If it's a weapon we want, I hope we trade up to get the one we want instead of waiting to see what falls to us at #31.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:53 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
If it's a weapon we want, I hope we trade up to get the one we want instead of waiting to see what falls to us at #31.
I wouldn't have a problem with that, but I don't even think that's going to be necessary.

Addison, Smith-Njigba, Johnston, Hyatt, Mayer, Kincaid, Musgrave

Somebody has to fall.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:39 PM 02-20-2023
a amHonestly, if the Chiefs can come into the draft with the plan of taking the best pass rusher or RT available, that would probably be ideal.
Fixed :-)
[Reply]
Dull Tools 06:40 AM 02-21-2023

I kind of agree on TE and have mentioned it before on this thread.

Issue with TE the value for a rookie TE isn't that valuable when compared to a FA TE so it is less worthwhile compared to a WR, OL and DE.

In terms of a position to target in off season then I think it makes sense although the 3rd season is massive for TEs so Noah Gray could be in for a breakout year in terms of production.

I would love to see Mahomes throw to Darnel Washington though.
[Reply]
JPH83 06:55 AM 02-21-2023
I wouldn't have a problem with that, but I don't even think that's going to be necessary.

Addison, Smith-Njigba, Johnston, Hyatt, Mayer, Kincaid, Musgrave

Somebody has to fall.
I'd almost never want a TE over a WR in the 1st, but this year might be the exception. Sometimes you've got to take what the draft is giving you and TE looks stronger.

Musgrave is a guy I was high on early, but back then he was barely flirting with a R3 evaluation. He's an unreal athlete but Ive cooled on him for one reason, he NEVER seems to play through contact. For a guy that big and quick he goes down way too easily.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:51 AM 02-21-2023
What about the OU tackle? He seems to be a good fit for us
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:52 AM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What about the OU tackle? He seems to be a good fit for us
You'll have to be more specific, because OU actually has two tackles in this year's class.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:02 AM 02-21-2023
This draft is SO DEEP at TE that I'd be unquestionably pissed if they took one in the 1st. Not only do we have Kelce starting for the next couple years yet, but you can get similar talent in the 3rd or 4th round.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:15 AM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
You'll have to be more specific, because OU actually has two tackles in this year's class.
Anton Harrison
[Reply]
JPH83 01:43 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
This draft is SO DEEP at TE that I'd be unquestionably pissed if they took one in the 1st. Not only do we have Kelce starting for the next couple years yet, but you can get similar talent in the 3rd or 4th round.
Any thoughts on who might be available from the back end of the 2nd? You were considering Durham later in right?

I kinda get the point re depth meaning you might as well wait until later, makes sense to me. I think the opposite argument is my issue with going with WR early, it's so thin that the depth in guaranteed quality doesn't extend to the end of the 1st, so why force it?
[Reply]
kccrow 01:55 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
This draft is considered fairly limited in talent and we have 11-12 picks. I think Veach pkgs pick to move up in the 1st or 2nd to get his guys.

Would be a lot of fun if that guy was Q Johnston or J Hyatt in my opinion, but not sure what it would take.
Who is considering this draft limited?

Admittedly, I haven't watched the Mel Kipers or Todd McShays of the world to really know what the hell is going on in the media about it.

From my standpoint, this draft is really strong. It has elite players at every position, its deep in round talent. It has some hella deep position groups at CB, ER, WR, TE, and RB.

I think DT, S, LB and OL are at par. Not bad, not "best ever."

I dunno, I see no major holes in this draft. Does it lack Punters? Yeah, I think so. Ha.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:02 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Any thoughts on who might be available from the back end of the 2nd? You were considering Durham later in right?

I kinda get the point re depth meaning you might as well wait until later, makes sense to me. I think the opposite argument is my issue with going with WR early, it's so thin that the depth in guaranteed quality doesn't extend to the end of the 1st, so why force it?
I dunno about 2nd round. I've seen guys like LaPorta, Schoonmaker, Kraft, Washington, and Kincaid all rated there.... meh. I don't think you take a TE in the 2nd round this year.

I really like Durham, Whyle, Latu, and Mallory as 3rd/4th guys. I really think those are some quality TEs and you're not throwing a premium at them.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up