Zay Flowers, Boston College

EDGE:

Keion White, Georgia Tech
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas St.
Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
B.J. Ojulari, LSU

DT:

Mazi Smith, Michigan

As it stands right now, feel pretty confident that our first round pick will be one of these guys.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:09 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
See I actually see Rice being more like Hyatt than almost anyone in the draft.

I don't see him as being like Moore - just a lower profile Hyatt.

If I could get my favorite DE prospect or one of those 'attainable' 1st round OT prospects in the 1st and then get Rice in the 2nd, I'd be a pretty happy panda.
Man i do not see the similarities, although being snide Hyatt's 40 time makes him much closer to Rice than I imagined. What are you thinking are the comparisons what am I missing?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:19 PM 03-27-2023
It certainly seems like Andy has converted the offense to the one he had in Philly where he utilized the RB and TE far more than the receivers. We saw that with McKinnon and Kelce.

Just don’t see a WR prospect being as good as one of the tackles or DL.

I like Hyatt but not in the first rd. We’ll see
[Reply]
Mecca 01:20 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It certainly seems like Andy has converted the offense to the one he had in Philly where he utilized the RB and TE far more than the receivers. We saw that with McKinnon and Kelce.

Just don’t see a WR prospect being as good as one of the tackles or DL.

I like Hyatt but not in the first rd. We’ll see
The absolute lowest he'll go is like 38 so uhh.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:24 PM 03-27-2023
DE I. Foskey
DT M. Smith
OT D. Wright
WR J. Hyatt
RB J. Gibbs
[Reply]
Mecca 01:30 PM 03-27-2023

Josh Downs MOVING on the three-cone drill. ��

Heard from one scout:

“The fastest I’ve seen.” pic.twitter.com/bK64NG24jv

— Travon Miles (@TrayABC11) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:44 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Man i do not see the similarities, although being snide Hyatt's 40 time makes him much closer to Rice than I imagined. What are you thinking are the comparisons what am I missing?
Both are longer guys with outstanding deep speed but questionable get-off. I think Hyatt may have a little more top end but I think Rice might have better ball skills.

Both guys are threats to house it if you get them in space or they find a seem.

Moore is a guy who I think wins in a phonebooth to find a little space, not unlike Flowers or Downs, who will then struggle to pull away. I think Hyatt and Rice are the exact opposite. They are likely better served to play off the line or in a complementary role where you can scheme them a more free release and get them a little room to either catch and run or turn on the afterburners and track a ball down.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:46 PM 03-27-2023
Downs is the weird one for me he's a late 1 early 2 guy who I'm just so unsure on.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:50 PM 03-27-2023
Huh - Rice timed at 4.5 eh?

Man, that sees off to me. He just looks MUCH faster than that to me. Just looking at his combine results though, the stopwatch makes him look more like Moore than Hyatt with that explosive 10 yard split and 4.5 40.

That's just not what I've seen. Odd; isn't terribly often my eyes tell me something completely different from the stopwatch. Interdasting...
[Reply]
JPH83 03:34 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Huh - Rice timed at 4.5 eh?

Man, that sees off to me. He just looks MUCH faster than that to me. Just looking at his combine results though, the stopwatch makes him look more like Moore than Hyatt with that explosive 10 yard split and 4.5 40.

That's just not what I've seen. Odd; isn't terribly often my eyes tell me something completely different from the stopwatch. Interdasting...
That is EXACTLY the guy I've seen. I'm surprised by his 10 to be honest. I just don't see any speed to be excited about. He's Juju. A big bodied reliable catcher over the middle who gets minimal separation. Valuable but absolutely nothing special athletically.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:36 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
That is EXACTLY the guy I've seen. I'm surprised by his 10 to be honest. I just don't see any speed to be excited about. He's Juju. A big bodied reliable catcher over the middle who gets minimal separation. Valuable but absolutely nothing special athletically.
Do you like Josh Downs?
[Reply]
chiefforlife 05:56 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
You gotta figure you're gonna be losing both guards in the next year or two.

You could keep Creed and surround your two new guards with good C's and T's and that should be fine?
I have been secretly hoping Vorhees is our pick in the 5th. He would go much higher if not for the injury. Our chance to get a top IOL later in the draft and we have the time to let him heal.

This could be our eventual Thuney replacement!! In a year or two...
[Reply]
JPH83 04:36 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Do you like Josh Downs?
I do quite like him. To be honest the only guys I like are, I think, exclusive slot guys - Flowers, JSN, Dell, Downs - it's the shifty guys who gain early separation that look to me like they'll produce. The problem is I don't know if those are a primary need. I have little doubt we'd make use of them though.

I'm not saying there's not talent to be found outside of these, Hyatt and Scott have enough long speed to be interesting, Rice looks like a solid possession receiver, Johnston could be the real deal, Mims, Tillman, Palmer and so on. I just have more questions around them.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:48 PM 03-28-2023
DE White/Foskey
DT Breese/Smith
OT Wright/Jones
WR Hyatt/Flowers
RB Robinson/Gibbs
[Reply]
staylor26 02:08 PM 04-11-2023
Updated list.

Probably the final one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 04-11-2023
I think I'd take Jones off that list at this point.

I just figure if there's a run on WRs and OT, there's gonna be a WR I like better. Or OT and DE, there will be a WR.

I'm really settling in around 4 guys:

White
Harrison
Wright
Hyatt

I'd just be kinda surprised if all 4 of them are gone. It's by no means impossible, but I don't think it's likely.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Up