Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State
Kayshon Boutte LSU
Jordan Addison USC
[Reply]
spanky 52 06:06 AM 02-22-2023
Is pick #64 too rich for Reed?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:12 AM 02-22-2023
Mingo's got some serious chops in the Sr Bowl practice video!

Interesting that ESPN only gave Smith-Njigba and Addison first round grades at WR, notably leaving out Q Johnston who I've seen others suggest could fall some.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:31 AM 02-22-2023
If the Chiefs are looking for an inexpensive Smith-Schuster replacement in the draft, I think Mingo is a good fit for that.

I don't expect him to run a blazing 40, but his frame and size evoke Smith-Schuster.
[Reply]
O.city 07:54 AM 02-22-2023
WR's will get pushed up because of the salaries these top guys are signing, but the more you look at this years group.....are there really any first rounders? I think there will be some good ones, but it seems like alot of "normal" 2nd round types.
[Reply]
Shoes 10:07 AM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Mingo's got some serious chops in the Sr Bowl practice video!

Interesting that ESPN only gave Smith-Njigba and Addison first round grades at WR, notably leaving out Q Johnston who I've seen others suggest could fall some.
Watching Quentin Johnston some more, he really is a bit puzzling. There just isn't another receiver in this class that has his size and can move like he does. His body control and ability to stop and start is great for a receiver of his size, after the catch is one of his better traits also. He really can be dominant in all 3 areas of the field (short, mid, deep) which not many receivers in this draft class can say.

What frustrates me when I watch Johnston is that at 6'4, he doesn't win his fair share of contested catches (34.8%). Doesn't high point the ball whatsoever even with a 42'' vertical, and he consistently catches the ball with his body rather than his hands.

There's definitely a player there with tremendous upside, but there's also a player there that could frustrate the hell out of you.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:22 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Watching Quentin Johnston some more, he really is a bit puzzling. There just isn't another receiver in this class that has his size and can move like he does. His body control and ability to stop and start is great for a receiver of his size, after the catch is one of his better traits also. He really can be dominant in all 3 areas of the field (short, mid, deep) which not many receivers in this draft class can say.

What frustrates me when I watch Johnston is that at 6'4, he doesn't win his fair share of contested catches (34.8%). Doesn't high point the ball whatsoever even with a 42'' vertical, and he consistently catches the ball with his body rather than his hands.

There's definitely a player there with tremendous upside, but there's also a player there that could frustrate the hell out of you.
I think being chosen in the 1st to KC would come with some pretty high expectations to fill as well, see CPs reaction to Sky Moore's season after being picked in the 2nd as an example. That TD in the Super Bowl was huge for his reputation in Chiefs Kingdom imo.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:26 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I think being chosen in the 1st to KC would come with some pretty high expectations to fill as well, see CPs reaction to Sky Moore's season after being picked in the 2nd as an example. That TD in the Super Bowl was huge for his reputation in Chiefs Kingdom imo.
I’ve been super hard on Moore because he’s been awful, but I don’t thiI have unreasonable expectations. A high draft pick at WR should be able to manage something like 400-500 yards and 3-4 TD as a rookie. That’s a pretty reasonable expectation. On the other hand, fumbling away multiple punts and putting up a scoreless 250 yards in the regular season is deserving of criticism. The Super Bowl TD shouldn’t change anything, Lucas Niang would have caught a touchdown on that play.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:11 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
WR's will get pushed up because of the salaries these top guys are signing, but the more you look at this years group.....are there really any first rounders? I think there will be some good ones, but it seems like alot of "normal" 2nd round types.
I agree. 2 years ago we had Chase, Waddle, Smith, even Toney. There's really noone this year I see in that category. In some ways it makes it easier as there's no one we should really be tempted, and able, to get up to.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:13 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I’ve been super hard on Moore because he’s been awful, but I don’t thiI have unreasonable expectations. A high draft pick at WR should be able to manage something like 400-500 yards and 3-4 TD as a rookie. That’s a pretty reasonable expectation. On the other hand, fumbling away multiple punts and putting up a scoreless 250 yards in the regular season is deserving of criticism. The Super Bowl TD shouldn’t change anything, Lucas Niang would have caught a touchdown on that play.
I agree on everything, but the SB TD. Come'on man!? It was a nice little route and I was stoked for him! I'm sure that took a lot of pressure off him and gave him a ton of confidence going into the offseason, best possible outcome for him in the last game of the season in order to become what we hope he can be next year.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:11 PM 02-22-2023
Here's some guys that might go late that I think you guys will really enjoy watching:

Jesse Matthews, San Diego State
C.J. Johnson, East Carolina
Shaquan Davis, South Carolina State
Jadakis Bonds, Hampton

Jesse Matthews is a guy that just gives me Cooper Kupp vibes haha. Like that kid alooooooot.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:27 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Disappointing is a fair word to describe Moore's rookie season, but "awful"?

He more than made up for the mufffed punts between the @Chargers game, AFCCG, and the SB. Of course you give him zero credit for any of that, because it goes against your narrative.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:36 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Disappointing is a fair word to describe Moore's rookie season, but "awful"?

He more than made up for the mufffed punts between the @Chargers game, AFCCG, and the SB. Of course you give him zero credit for any of that, because it goes against your narrative.
Was it even disappointing besides the fumble thing? I feel like the board had much different expectations for him than what the coaching staff had
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:32 PM 02-22-2023
Jayden Reed says he models his game after Kadarius Toney, Tyreek Hill and Stefon Diggs.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:17 PM 02-24-2023
more Jayden Reed

[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:42 PM 02-24-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Was it even disappointing besides the fumble thing? I feel like the board had much different expectations for him than what the coaching staff had
You really think KC took a WR in the 2nd round with the expectation that he’d put up 250 scoreless yards?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 34
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up