Jonathan Mingo
Quentin Johnston TCU
Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State
Kayshon Boutte LSU
Jordan Addison USC
[Reply]
kozzman555 12:30 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Quentin Johnston for the win. 5 year rookie deal. Bring it home Brett! :-)
Quentin Johnson scares the shit out of me. He's either going to ball out or be a complete bust.
[Reply]
ModSocks 08:52 PM 03-27-2023
Jesus fuck, Trey Palmer needs to be a chief. That's the best Hardman replacement in the draft.

It's really, really easy to see how his game fits perfectly into what the Chiefs do.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:49 AM 03-28-2023
I'd be really happy with AT Perry!

I think he's climbing up draft boards, saw someone had him ranked 6th this week.

I think he probably goes in the 2nd though, unfortunately.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:31 AM 03-28-2023
Interesting notes from Nate Taylor's article:

Originally Posted by :
“The cool thing and the advantage we had is that Pat can play any style of football. He can work with bigger receivers and play the small game if we have to. Speed and athleticism, versatility will always be at the top of our list (for receivers). But really, we just wanted to collect good players.”
Originally Posted by :
Reid also shared that the Chiefs are optimistic they will be able to re-sign receiver Justin Watson to another one-year deal to help the offense and special teams units. Watson, a four-year veteran, posted more receiving yards last season (315) than Hardman (297). The Chiefs also could use one of their top draft picks to select a receiver, as prospects such as Jalin Hyatt (Tennessee), Jaxon Smith-Njigba (Ohio State), Quentin Johnston (TCU), Zay Flowers (Boston College) and A.T. Perry (Wake Forest) are all intriguing.
Interesting that A.T. Perry would be added to that list but that's from Taylor....not Reid or Veach.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:43 AM 03-28-2023
No wonder they brought in John Ross as a lottery ticket.

Gotta say I’m a bit surprised Trey Palmer isn’t on Nate’s list
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:09 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Interesting notes from Nate Taylor's article:

Interesting that A.T. Perry would be added to that list but that's from Taylor....not Reid or Veach.
A.T Perry is one of the most interesting prospects at the position.

Man, he sure looks the part. But damn, his release sucks and his route running isn't very explosive.

I haven't seen his 3-cone time yet, but he does have some straight line speed.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:09 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
No wonder they brought in John Ross as a lottery ticket.

Gotta say I’m a bit surprised Trey Palmer isn’t on Nate’s list
I gotta figure out what's wrong with Trey Palmer and why he's not in higher regard.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:25 PM 03-28-2023
Aight, here's my list, in order. This isn't a list of who i think will go first, or in which round, this is just a list of my personal favorites. I'd be happy with any of these guys.

Zay Flowers (small, but man, i think this guy can really do it all. My favorite WR in the draft. I think he plays faster than he times and is physical enough that i dont think his size will be a problem)

Jaxon Smith Njigba (Not my type of guy, but that doesn't mean he can't be good. This one where i'm just straying away from my preferences and assuming what everyone else says is true)

Jordan Addison (Small in stature, not the fastest. Another guy that i think plays faster than he times. But damn he looks the part. Can't quite place this guy but i like him)

Jonathon Mingo (Big physical dude. Runs NFL routes. Physicality doesn't bother him. I think he can come in on day 1 and can do what JJSS did, but he adds more explosive potential. Not GREAT at any one thing, but does enough of everything. IMO, this is one of the safest picks at WR)

Rashee Rice (Another guy that really looks the part. Not a whole lot to comment on here. Kinda give me Aiyuk vibes)

Trey Palmer (In instant Hardman replacement in the short term, and i think that's his floor even if he never develops into anything greater. The Chiefs could use this guy as yet another weapon. His speed is legit)

A.T Perry (Another guy that passes the eye test. Though i thought he had some piss poor releases and routes. I'm just not sure if he can't do it physically, or simply had poor coaching.)

These are my favorites so far. It's not that i don't like some of these other guys not listed, it's just that these are my favorites.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:43 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Aight, here's my list, in order. This isn't a list of who i think will go first, or in which round, this is just a list of my personal favorites. I'd be happy with any of these guys.

Zay Flowers (small, but man, i think this guy can really do it all. My favorite WR in the draft. I think he plays faster than he times and is physical enough that i dont think his size will be a problem)

Jaxon Smith Njigba (Not my type of guy, but that doesn't mean he can't be good. This one where i'm just straying away from my preferences and assuming what everyone else says is true)

Jordan Addison (Small in stature, not the fastest. Another guy that i think plays faster than he times. But damn he looks the part. Can't quite place this guy but i like him)

Jonathon Mingo (Big physical dude. Runs NFL routes. Physicality doesn't bother him. I think he can come in on day 1 and can do what JJSS did, but he adds more explosive potential. Not GREAT at any one thing, but does enough of everything. IMO, this is one of the safest picks at WR)

Rashee Rice (Another guy that really looks the part. Not a whole lot to comment on here. Kinda give me Aiyuk vibes)

Trey Palmer (In instant Hardman replacement in the short term, and i think that's his floor even if he never develops into anything greater. The Chiefs could use this guy as yet another weapon. His speed is legit)

A.T Perry (Another guy that passes the eye test. Though i thought he had some piss poor releases and routes. I'm just not sure if he can't do it physically, or simply had poor coaching.)

These are my favorites so far. It's not that i don't like some of these other guys not listed, it's just that these are my favorites.
I'm on the Rice train.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:54 PM 03-28-2023

Mingo is all over the draft boards. Guys here that I kind of value their opinion seem to be high on him though. Going to be interesting to see where he goes, and how he pans out in the end.
[Reply]
kozzman555 06:02 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Mingo is all over the draft boards. Guys here that I kind of value their opinion seem to be high on him though. Going to be interestin to see where he goes, and how he pans out in the end.
Of all of the receivers we would realistically be in a position to draft, Scott, Mingo and Palmer are my top notch favorites. I think Mingo has pretty good athletic ability, but man he looks smooth catching the ball.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:03 PM 03-28-2023
Mingo and Mims are non-first rounders who look like they have the potential to be just as good as the top guys.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:03 PM 03-28-2023

I like Hyatt and Scott as well, Iosivas has some interesting traits too. Dell, Hutchinson, Tillman, Boute, and Reed...
[Reply]
Coogs 06:13 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Of all of the receivers we would realistically be in a position to draft, Scott, Mingo and Palmer are my top notch favorites. I think Mingo has pretty good athletic ability, but man he looks smooth catching the ball.
I watched nearly all of the Huskers games this year. I'm pretty high on Palmer too. He was the bright spot in what was pretty much a season that was a train wreck. He put up pretty good numbers with several different QB's. And he tore up Iowa, who was supposedly pretty good on defense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:31 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
He's a big strong muthascratcha, too. He's AJ Brown, basically. I'd take that. There's your prototypical 'X' receiver.

Which, for any who are not sure what that actually is, he lines up ON the line covering the OT, opposite side of the TE. What that functionally means is that unlike a 'Y' and 'Z' (depending on alignment) the 'X' receiver potentially has a CB right on him, no free release.

Basically, the rule is that the OT must be 'covered' at the line on either side. For instance, on 'corndog', Kelce was technically the slot, which is why Toney was on the line and could not go in motion or it would have been a penalty for leaving the OT uncovered. That's your 'illegal formation' penalty.

Your 'X' guy needs to be physical enough to fight through contact at the line. You don't want a little guy, like a Hardman. You want a big guy, like a Juju, or an AJ Brown.

Although Andy is very shrewd at finding ways to get guys a free release based on manipulating the defense's tendencies and coverage rules, it still matters.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 34
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up