ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 333
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
BWillie 07:06 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Wtf is the point
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:14 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Wtf is the point
I've been worried that JBJ sees a lot of time at the expense of Olivares and each new development takes us one step further down that path. It's the Royal Way.

In other Royal news, MJ Melendez will not be playing LF as previously thought, but RF! I think that's the right spot for him cause he has that cannon for an arm. He was playing RF for Puerto Rico in the WBC and looked plenty capable out there. He went 3 for 15 in the WBC, a double and two singles, walked 4 times and K's 8 times. Not amazing but not a big deal. I'm looking for 33 bombs out of MJ and 95 RBIs.

Originally Posted by :
The report:

Royals manager Matt Quatraro told reporters before Monday's spring game that Melendez will see the majority of his outfield reps in right field to begin the year, Anne Rogers of MLB.com reports.

Advice: It was assumed by many that Melendez would see most of his outfield time in left, but instead the promising young hitter will be on the other side of the outfield for the majority of his time. Melednez is also expected to see time at designated hitter while also getting some time behind the plate. No matter the position, his power and likelihood to see plenty of time at the top of the order makes him an intriguing option for the 2023 campaign.

[Reply]
Mecca 02:02 PM 03-28-2023
Christian Pache is being DFA'd by the A's, I'd be surprised if the Royals didn't move on that.
[Reply]
TLO 02:21 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
lots to be excited about...Lets GO
Weird. This is the least I've been excited for Royals baseball in many years.

I just don't see it.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:52 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:

I just don't see it.
Yeah I’m just now today talking myself into caring a little bit and not shitting all over them until they give me good reason.

Excitement level like 1.5/10 currently
[Reply]
Mecca 02:54 PM 03-28-2023
I think it's mainly that Moore is gone.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 02:58 PM 03-28-2023
Is Michael Massey legit? Sorry for my ignorance.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:08 PM 03-28-2023
Another Cactus League title. Print 'em
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 03:25 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think it's mainly that Moore is gone.
While there is some of that, I don’t get the lack of excitement. This is far and away, by a thousand miles, the most interesting royals team in the post WS core era. So basically the last 6 years. You have a guy who could be a super star if he keeps improving, a possible Ace who if he also keeps developing would be our first home grown guy in forever, the ultimate analytics hero in Vinny P who has all sorts of interesting statistical comparisons, and a bunch of guys like Melendez, waters, and Massey who are all going to play and all have some upside as well. Throw in some possible progress in the pitching department in general by switching coaches and who really knows what this team is capable of? Are they all going to work out? No, probably not. But at least it’s interesting to see what happens, which is far more interesting than watching Santana and Benetendi and Taylor play. It’s just weird to me everyone last year was like “let the kids play! We want to see the young guys!” And then the royals are by and large going to do exactly that and now so many are like “nah this is not exciting at all”. Like outside of the royals getting Juan Soto or some other pie in the sky scenario, I don’t know what people are wanting exactly.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:01 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yeah I’m just now today talking myself into caring a little bit and not shitting all over them until they give me good reason.

Excitement level like 1.5/10 currently
Really? I know the team isn’t expected to make a run, but I’m thrilled that spring is arriving and baseball is going to be played soon.

Just the thought of warm weather and baseball on the patio or in person, picks me up.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:17 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
While there is some of that, I don’t get the lack of excitement. This is far and away, by a thousand miles, the most interesting royals team in the post WS core era. So basically the last 6 years. You have a guy who could be a super star if he keeps improving, a possible Ace who if he also keeps developing would be our first home grown guy in forever, the ultimate analytics hero in Vinny P who has all sorts of interesting statistical comparisons, and a bunch of guys like Melendez, waters, and Massey who are all going to play and all have some upside as well. Throw in some possible progress in the pitching department in general by switching coaches and who really knows what this team is capable of? Are they all going to work out? No, probably not. But at least it’s interesting to see what happens, which is far more interesting than watching Santana and Benetendi and Taylor play. It’s just weird to me everyone last year was like “let the kids play! We want to see the young guys!” And then the royals are by and large going to do exactly that and now so many are like “nah this is not exciting at all”. Like outside of the royals getting Juan Soto or some other pie in the sky scenario, I don’t know what people are wanting exactly.

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:29 PM 03-28-2023

This rap goes hard. ��@maclethal // #BringOutTheBlue pic.twitter.com/INWxErUGsb

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) March 28, 2023

[Reply]
dlphg9 06:34 PM 03-28-2023
I'm pretty damn excited for this year. So glad we got rid of Dayton and his dumb shit manager.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:59 PM 03-28-2023
I got the Royals winning the World Series. Not sure what year though.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:11 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:

I just don't see it.
This is excited as Ive been for a while. Finally get to see all of our young players play. Just Jackie Bradley blocking ppl...but Im hoping once Waters gets healthy he's DFA fodder. I mean Im not expecting to win, but it will be a fun season when I decide I want to re-log into the Ballys app.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 333
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up