ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 166 of 185
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:06 AM 03-28-2023
Who cares about his socks. HES GOING TO THE PROBOWL NOW!
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 08:27 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Okay, that's actually pretty cool.

Hali was a BOSS hand-fighter. He got so much more out of his athleticism than I ever imagined he would because that guy had moves on moves and always had a hell of a plan out there.

Now if he could avoid teaching Karlaftis to get held in a manner that seemingly NEVER draws a flag, that would be great. Because I'm pretty sure it was legal to actually shoot Tamba Hali on a football field.
Hali was a terrific hand fighter b/c he took up Brazilian Ju Jitsu. The year he led the NFL in sacks, I saw him start to use martial arts hand fighting techniques in his pass rush.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:37 AM 03-28-2023
Picking up Ryan Kerrigan meets Royce Gracie with Peter North's get off vibes from this kid
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:05 AM 03-28-2023
I see a smooth mixture of JJ Watt and Derick Thomas.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:51 AM 04-06-2023
Props to Veach for finding players like George who have tremendous drive to be the best

you can't teach that shit

6 AM hanging out with Super Bowl winner for the Kansas City Chiefs, defensive end George Karlafitis, and black belt. Master Dave Smarr. Sharpening techniques. pic.twitter.com/W0Nj7wmcjN

— Tamba Hali (@TambaHali91) April 6, 2023

LETS GO GEORGE!
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:59 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Props to Veach for finding players like George who have tremendous drive to be the best

you can't teach that shit

LETS GO GEORGE!
Man Hali mentoring this kid is just awesome.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:19 AM 04-06-2023
Yeah go ahead and put this guy down as the breakout player next season. His drive to succeed and effort got him 6 sacks last year and the first half of the year he was so close to getting more.

Now that he is working on the technical side of the game he’ll be ready for primary and countermoves.

He really was just kinda winging it out there using his college knowledge and effort. Now he’s gonna have that experience and training really pay dividends.

He’s definitely getting double digit sacks this year barring injury
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:23 AM 04-06-2023
Okay, that's actually pretty cool.

Hali was a BOSS hand-fighter. He got so much more out of his athleticism than I ever imagined he would because that guy had moves on moves and always had a hell of a plan out there.

Now if he could avoid teaching Karlaftis to get held in a manner that seemingly NEVER draws a flag, that would be great. Because I'm pretty sure it was legal to actually shoot Tamba Hali on a football field.
I'll never forget the mecca was it? "Tamba Hali can stand right up and get out of town" :-)

Cp is legendary for failed hot takes so maybe I got the name wrong
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I'll never forget the mecca was it? "Tamba Hali can stand right up and get out of town" :-)

Cp is legendary for failed hot takes so maybe I got the name wrong
Oh I'm sure I said some dumb shit w/r/t Hali.

I know I couldn't have been a fan of the OLB conversion - he just didn't seem to have the athleticism for it.

Some days the bear eats you...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 04-06-2023
Oh I'm sure I said some dumb shit w/r/t Hali.

I know I couldn't have been a fan of the OLB conversion - he just didn't seem to have the athleticism for it.

Some days the bear eats you...
I always thought Hali would be a good one. I just never envisioned he'd be an outstanding OLB in a 3-4. I thought he was a guy, especially after watching him play college ball, that they would use like they use some of their DE's now, moving him around the line to create mismatches.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:33 PM 04-06-2023
Man it's hard not to be impressed by this guy. Trained with Stroupe last off season (maybe still is?) And is working out with an all time Chiefs great on details of the job. No matter where he ends up career wise in the end i'll respect the hell out of him for the work hes putting in.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:37 PM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Man it's hard not to be impressed by this guy. Trained with Stroupe last off season (maybe still is?) And is working out with an all time Chiefs great on details of the job. No matter where he ends up career wise in the end i'll respect the hell out of him for the work hes putting in.
He's all about getting better. You couldn't ask for much more from the guy. The improvements he showed from TC to the SB were huge and if he can learn to chain moves/counters together he'll be a pretty consistent 9/10 sack a year guy.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:14 PM 04-06-2023
Funny story.

While we were at camp, we were right next to George’s girlfriend chatting with her and after practice, George came over and in that couple minutes I mentioned to him how I think he’s similar to Tamba Hali and how he should reach out to him because some of the training he did may really help him. He said he would.

I wonder if that’s how that started or the coaching staff reached out to Tamba, or if Tamba reached out directly to George.

Fun to think that I may have played a role in them working together.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:16 PM 04-06-2023
I could EASILY see Karlaftis just getting completely absorbed in MMA training. He seems like a perfect fit for that.

That makes him like 800% more dangerous and i'm not talking about football. That guy with MMA training is like a bar brawl nightmare opponent
[Reply]
BossChief 01:18 PM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I could EASILY see Karlaftis just getting completely absorbed in MMA training. He seems like a perfect fit for that.

That makes him like 800% more dangerous and i'm not talking about football. That guy with MMA training is like a bar brawl nightmare opponent
It will absolutely help him with leverage, center of gravity and change of direction.
[Reply]
Page 166 of 185
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176 > Last »
Up