ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 185
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:11 PM 04-28-2022
WHY ARENT YOU SEIZING THE QUARTERBACK?!?

[Reply]
Eleazar 10:12 PM 04-28-2022
the #10 overall player on PFF's board
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:14 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If only someone would've told Veach that before the draft! Damn!
I get it, I am not an NFL GM, but no one on this board is either.

I know that not everything about a football player is in the measurables, but wingspan matters on the edge.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bump 10:14 PM 04-28-2022
not quite as excited about this pick as I was the McDuffie pick. But the way Veach just immediately ran this pick to the podium and wasted no time says a lot. He must have had no doubt that he wanted this guy and a good high motor DE without the natural body talent has worked out for us well in the past. Time will tell, either way he's a day 1 contributor and probably better than what we have. You never know. I would have liked Daxton Hill but we did really need a DE and it certainly wasn't a reach, pretty much exactly where they thought he'd be drafted
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:14 PM 04-28-2022
Similar to trey Hendrickson with the bengals- good pick
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:15 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I remember this entire board (except maybe a couple of people) being thrilled with the Humphrey pick.

I think 99% of CP knew we drafted a stud.

Arm length matters more on the edge than it does in the middle of the defensive line.

If a DE can't get his hands on the tackle, the chance of success drops significantly.

If he was actually big like JJ Watt, I wouldn't have such an issue
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:16 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
K Pass had long-ass arms- hell they dragged on the ground when he ran.

Would you rather have him back?

What he didn't have was heart, intelligence and a motor that never quits.

Karlaftas will be in the Chiefs Ring of Honor one day- he is that type of player.
Come on man, don't be stupid.

[Reply]
staylor26 10:18 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I get it, I am not an NFL GM, but no one on this board is either.

I know that not everything about a football player is in the measurables, but wingspan matters on the edge.

The Chiefs value arm length at EDGE AND CB.

They took McDuffie and Karlaftis regardless because they’re flat out good football players that are very young (both 21), and they have very high floors.

These picks are like the Bolton and Humphrey picks.
[Reply]
KCDC 10:19 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
not quite as excited about this pick as I was the McDuffie pick. But the way Veach just immediately ran this pick to the podium and wasted no time says a lot. He must have had no doubt that he wanted this guy and a good high motor DE without the natural body talent has worked out for us well in the past. Time will tell, either way he's a day 1 contributor and probably better than what we have. You never know. I would have liked Daxton Hill but we did really need a DE and it certainly wasn't a reach, pretty much exactly where they thought he'd be drafted
This. I trust that Veach did extensive diligence on him, Give me a guy with a motor that can disrupt plays and still defend versus the run and I'm satisfied.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:20 PM 04-28-2022
Pass rush win rate looks good. PFF #10 looks nice.

Film looks okay.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:20 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

They took McDuffie and Karlaftis regardless because they’re flat out good football players that are very young (both 21), and they have very high floors.

No bro doesn't matter that he produced in arguably the best conference in the country when it comes to offense line play. Short arms.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 04-28-2022, 10:22 PM
This message has been deleted by PattyFlakes.
Iconic 10:22 PM 04-28-2022
Don't hate him but of all the edges remaining, boy is he the least exciting of the bunch to me.

Trust in Veach I guess.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:23 PM 04-28-2022
I wasn’t as high on him as others but he is an effort player that knows how to use his hands.

My initial thought was he will be a 5-7 sack guy with a high floor and low ceiling. His pressure rate is interesting though so hopefully it translates.

I think Trey Hendrickson is a very good comp for him
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:23 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Again, I am no NFL GM, but I would have preferred Jermaine Johnson at 21 and Daxton Hill or Lewis Cine at 30.

[Reply]
staylor26 10:23 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
Veach seems to agree with you.

https://twitter.com/adamkctv5/status...gIM1Z8HBMfo1iw

"These guy's profiles are like Nick Bolton and Creed Humphrey."#Chiefs GM Brett Veach said in reference to drafting CB McDuffie and DE Karlaftis

I'd say those comparisons are pretty good then.

— Adam Orduna (@AdamKCTV5) April 29, 2022

Holy shit I might really be Brett Veach.

Am I Brett Veach?

I can’t be Brett Veach.

But maybe?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 185
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up