ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 71
« First < 18586465666768 697071 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
dlphg9 08:07 PM 03-26-2022
Expecting big things boys!

Missouri got rid of crappy CM and the board went out and got one of the top coaches according to some in Cleveland State's Dennis Gates.

In 2 days he has 2 recruits

Top JUCO player 6' 10" Mohamed Diarra
Transport portal DeAndre Gholston who avg 15 pts at Milwaukee over the past 2 years

Very excited!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't have much interest in Love at all. He's incredibly inefficient. If Gates wants him, I'll trust it (he has earned that), but he hasn't been good.
I've always been a fan of a particular scouting statement: "Once you demonstrate a skill, you own that skill until age or injury takes it away..."

2 years ago Love demonstrated he COULD shoot from range. This year he demonstrated he COULD score fairly well from inside the arc.

What he's never done is show he can do BOTH at the same time. But if he owns both skills and neither age nor injury have taken them away, wouldn't it stand to reason that there's at least a non-zero chance he could combine them?

He was just a better player as a Sophomore than he was this year. But he did develop in a couple areas and if can take that sophomore level and add where he improved as a jr, that's a genuinely excellent ballplayer.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:59 PM 03-27-2023
:-)

A little taste of what #Mizzou is getting in transfer guard John Tonje pic.twitter.com/8EAdVhRo3N

— Ben Arnet (@BenArnetKOMU) March 27, 2023

Built like Gholston but with more explosiveness and better hops it looks like.

*edit - not as big as Gholston, but who is? Gholston was like a miniature Karl Malone.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 PM 03-27-2023
Wow - that dude's a tank.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:11 PM 03-27-2023

Hearing it took Caleb Love 8 attempts before successfully entering the portal

— SportsChannel8 (@SportsChannel8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:35 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Who said he'd be on scholarship? The guy has been struggling with his mental health.

I don't have much interest in Love at all. He's incredibly inefficient. If Gates wants him, I'll trust it (he has earned that), but he hasn't been good.
You think he’d pay his own way? If so by all means keep him around. I did state I don’t know exactly what his issue is, whether mental health or family issues or whatever it is. I empathize with him for that, but now more than ever with NIL it’s become abundantly clear this is a business. I just don’t see how you hold one of 13 scholarships for a player who you cannot count on, if he would need a scholarship to be on the team. Very few scholarships are available, and considering Mizzou is still targeting more players in the transfer portal, holding on to Mosley could mean asking another player to transfer away. I don’t think that is right.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:39 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
You think he’d pay his own way? If so by all means keep him around. I did state I don’t know exactly what his issue is, whether mental health or family issues or whatever it is. I empathize with him for that, but now more than ever with NIL it’s become abundantly clear this is a business. I just don’t see how you hold one of 13 scholarships for a player who you cannot count on, if he would need a scholarship to be on the team. Very few scholarships are available, and considering Mizzou is still targeting more players in the transfer portal, holding on to Mosley could mean asking another player to transfer away. I don’t think that is right.
If he's back, he is not on scholarship. Choice is up to him from what I understand.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:16 PM 03-28-2023

News: Mizzou basketball's Mohamed Diarra enters transfer portal https://t.co/761QtDSZ7J via @stltoday

— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) March 28, 2023

[Reply]
dlphg9 01:39 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
What an absolute bitch. He will best be remembered for standing under the basket as he watched one Princeton player pass it to an unguarded guy spotted up at the corner and then made a less than half assed effort to block the shot. He did this multiple times and the guy didn't miss.

The only thing that sucks is that he's the only guy with some height, but seems like we're interested in adding alot more of that.

I'm dreaming of Mizzou getting Kel'el Ware. That'd be one hell of an acquisition.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:52 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What an absolute bitch. He will best be remembered for standing under the basket as he watched one Princeton player pass it to an unguarded guy spotted up at the corner and then made a less than half assed effort to block the shot. He did this multiple times and the guy didn't miss.

The only thing that sucks is that he's the only guy with some height, but seems like we're interested in adding alot more of that.

I'm dreaming of Mizzou getting Kel'el Ware. That'd be one hell of an acquisition.
He blocked 2 consecutive shots in the 1st half of the Princeton game and then didn't guard anyone or block anyone out the rest of the game. Gates will replace him with someone much better.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:02 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
He blocked 2 consecutive shots in the 1st half of the Princeton game and then didn't guard anyone or block anyone out the rest of the game. Gates will replace him with someone much better.
Jamarion Sharp from Western Kentucky is 7'5" and just entered the transfer portal.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:31 PM 03-28-2023
Speaking of replacing Diarra…
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:34 PM 03-28-2023
Weren't we predicted to land Sharp the LAST time he entered the portal?

As for Diarra - eh, just never was all that impressed by him. He looked like he'd peak as a Justin Gage sort of energy forward.

If he entered the portal after a bunch of upper classmen previously ahead of him graduated, that suggests that perhaps Gates let him know he was probably due to get layered again.

I just can't imagine him leaving if a path to playing time opened up ahead of him for a team he experienced success with.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:56 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
...If he entered the portal after a bunch of upper classmen previously ahead of him graduated, that suggests that perhaps Gates let him know he was probably due to get layered again.

I just can't imagine him leaving if a path to playing time opened up ahead of him for a team he experienced success with.
First thing that entered my mind after I saw the news.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:19 PM 03-28-2023

Temple appears very interested in Missouri assoc head coach Charlton Young. Plus is he was an assistant/ Leonard Hamilton's staff at Fla State and developed rep as a recruiter for program that produced 13 NBA draft picks. former head coach @ Georgia Southern. 43-84 in 4 yrs.

— Dick Weiss (@HoopsWeiss) March 28, 2023

[Reply]
dlphg9 06:36 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Sounds like an absolute shit head coach. Lol
[Reply]
Page 68 of 71
« First < 18586465666768 697071 >
Up