ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 156 of 315
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:54 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Haha, this comment has me a bit worried about my own team. The guys I have drafted are certainly solid, but not elite.
This is where I'd really like to see the 'fog of war' lifted a bit.

I put a fair amount of draft capital into my DL yet my top 2 DEs have 3 sacks between them. It's obviously a bit frustrating but oh well.

What I am getting is a TON of pressure. My squad's getting pressure on 40% of the opponents drop-backs. Now if Garrett and Ngakoue are heavily responsible for that 40% then I'm pretty satisfied w/ what I'm getting from them because I believe that's been largely responsible for my defensive success.

But if that pressure's only coming on blitzes (which isn't impossible given that Anzalone, Brown and James - my MLB, Will and SS) are leading my team in sacks...well that's frustrating.

Because Clay is right in one regard - you can't scheme pressure from your down linemen. Either they get it or they don't.

Oh well - I'll have to keep plugging either way. The boys just skull-fucked Canton with a 38-12 win that ended with me taking a knee on 1st and goal so there was almost certainly even more to be had there. They scored their only TD on a 4th and 4 pass with 8 minutes left in the 4th so the game was never in doubt.

Vail's the deserving owner of the #1 spot in the league power rankings but the Cards are the clear #2 right now.

Sadly, I get to play Matt Moore at quarterback this week (I believe his name is misspelled as 'street free agent' in the sim) but it's a one-off and Fitz will be back to continue his MVP caliber season for before turning the keys over to Tannehill for the playoffs.
[Reply]
carlos3652 10:25 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is where I'd really like to see the 'fog of war' lifted a bit.

I put a fair amount of draft capital into my DL yet my top 2 DEs have 3 sacks between them. It's obviously a bit frustrating but oh well.

What I am getting is a TON of pressure. My squad's getting pressure on 40% of the opponents drop-backs. Now if Garrett and Ngakoue are heavily responsible for that 40% then I'm pretty satisfied w/ what I'm getting from them because I believe that's been largely responsible for my defensive success.

But if that pressure's only coming on blitzes (which isn't impossible given that Anzalone, Brown and James - my MLB, Will and SS) are leading my team in sacks...well that's frustrating.

I tried to take Vail out, but I failed. Robert Woods fumbled the ball on Vail's 22 yard line as we were ready to kick the game winning FG. Losing 32-31. I went full Andy in the 4th, I was up by 2 scores and still lost.

Because Clay is right in one regard - you can't scheme pressure from your down linemen. Either they get it or they don't.

Oh well - I'll have to keep plugging either way. The boys just skull-****ed Canton with a 38-12 win that ended with me taking a knee on 1st and goal so there was almost certainly even more to be had there. They scored their only TD on a 4th and 4 pass with 8 minutes left in the 4th so the game was never in doubt.

Vail's the deserving owner of the #1 spot in the league power rankings but the Cards are the clear #2 right now.

Sadly, I get to play Matt Moore at quarterback this week (I believe his name is misspelled as 'street free agent' in the sim) but it's a one-off and Fitz will be back to continue his MVP caliber season for before turning the keys over to Tannehill for the playoffs.
I tried. Vail came from behind after Andy showed up to coach my team in the last 9 min of the game. Up 2 scores... couldnt hold on, literally, Robert Woods fumbled on Vail's 22 yard line with seconds left. 32-31 loss hurts. Im out of the playoffs right now, lost 3 games in a row, spiraling out of control.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
I tried. Vail came from behind after Andy showed up to coach my team in the last 9 min of the game. Up 2 scores... couldnt hold on, literally, Robert Woods fumbled on Vail's 22 yard line with seconds left. 32-31 loss hurts. Im out of the playoffs right now, lost 3 games in a row, spiraling out of control.
Saw that.

Robert Woods went full Chief on that one. This team and their !@#$ing fumbles is the most absurd thing I've seen in a long time.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:38 AM 12-12-2019
Vail was trailing the whole game, usually by more than one score. I figured for sure that they were headed toward their first loss. But you can't underestimate Andrew Luck's ability to .... (flashback, goes and sits in a corner for a while) ... come back.
[Reply]
carlos3652 10:42 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Vail was trailing the whole game, usually by more than one score. I figured for sure that they were headed toward their first loss. But you can't underestimates Andrew Luck's ability to .... (flashback, goes and sits in a corner for a while) ... come back.
I think I am going to look back when the season is over, and this might have broke my team. (Mahomes broke it the week before)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:52 AM 12-12-2019
I think I am going to look back when the season is over, and this might have broke my team. (Mahomes broke it the week before)
Welcome to the central division, brah.

Ain't a free lunch to be found over here...
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:59 AM 12-12-2019
Denver is on a roll now with three straight wins. This one was a nail biter where we needed a little luck. But we're figuring out how to utilize our offensive tools now.

The defense is still underperforming, though. I guess they're middle of the pack, which matches my 3-3 record. My problem is that we're not making plays on defense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 12-12-2019
Denver is on a roll now with three straight wins. This one was a nail biter where we needed a little luck. But we're figuring out how to utilize our offensive tools now.

The defense is still underperforming, though. I guess they're middle of the pack, which matches my 3-3 record. My problem is that we're not making plays on defense.
It's funny how tinkering with personnel can change stuff up.

For whatever reason, JuJu just was not working as my Z receiver. Moved him over to X, promoted Davis to Z and the offense ticked up. Kirk wasn't moving the needle much out of the slot so when Samuel came back he got the immediate promotion and has been a huge addition to the passing game; averaging nearly 60 yards/gm out of the slot.

Granted I've shuffled my tendencies around each week and that's probably made a difference as well, but I do think there's an element of 'skill-sets' involved in getting your guys in the right places to succeed.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:01 PM 12-12-2019

My defense hasn’t forced a single turnover yet! Pretty crazy this far into the season, especially with how well they’re performing otherwise.

Sooner and later we’re going to start getting some lucky breaks. If we can go .500 with a -6 turnover margin on the year, I think we can do some real damage once things start going our way.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:05 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
My defense hasn’t forced a single turnover yet! Pretty crazy this far into the season, especially with how well they’re performing otherwise.

Sooner and later we’re going to start getting some lucky breaks. If we can go .500 with a -6 turnover margin on the year, I think we can do some real damage once things start going our way.
Well, I guess we're better than that. We've got one interception and two forced fumbles, but we're ahead of the game because we've lost no turnovers this season. I teach my team about ball security, and they listen.
[Reply]
InvinciBill 12:18 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Well the Crown Point Railsplitters suffered their first loss to Lawrence. I was worried about this matchup the most before the game. Their team was almost an exact replica as ours. It came down to the last play of the game. Capt Kirk would fumble and lose it, then 2 plays later we would get an INT to get ball back. Happened twice in game.

I believe Fat Andy runs this sim time management. It drive me crazy every game. Both teams burning time outs even before the 2 min warning. Then the last 2 games I've noticed if I have a lead in the 2nd half of the 3rd qtr it goes super conservative like its in Run Out Clock mode in middle of 3rd qtr. Run, Run, Run, punt. Up to that point I had been passing more.
This was an intense read. I almost punched my monitor when Cam threw his second immediately-after-a-fumble-recovery pick. Game ball goes to whoever tackled Keenan Allen in bounds on the last play. Good game.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:50 PM 12-12-2019
so wow somehow i am the 4th seed in our conference. I beat the guy im below in my division so cdcox needs to fix tiebreaker but is that a playoff spot?
[Reply]
carlos3652 01:09 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
so wow somehow i am the 4th seed in our conference. I beat the guy im below in my division so cdcox needs to fix tiebreaker but is that a playoff spot?
Its 3 Division Winners
2 Wildcards

I think right now tie breakers are not handled by H2H, but by Net Points For -Against based on the rules section of the website.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:39 PM 12-12-2019
I wish we had a trade deadline.

Ramsey will be getting traded.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 01:59 PM 12-12-2019
On a side note, what's the protocol for replacing inactive owners?

Just have a hunch that may be an issue with the second league and would be happy to help find replacements for owners who neglect their teams.
[Reply]
Page 156 of 315
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256 > Last »
Up