ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 57
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:37 PM 03-20-2023
when ya'll planting grass this year?

i got some bare spots i want to shore up...do i need to aerate or can i just fuck up the soil a bit?
[Reply]
lewdog 07:39 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Here’s some of the backyard.these plumeria grow like weeds. The one is on the other side of the fence out in the side yard. It’s overthrowing the fence. Do the shed area where we put the wheelbarrow now has some beauty.
Waiting on my cuttings from these!!!!
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:42 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
when ya'll planting grass this year?

i got some bare spots i want to shore up...do i need to aerate or can i just fuck up the soil a bit?

Remove any dead grass. Fuck up spot. Dump yo shit. Drank it 3 times a day.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:45 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Waiting on my cuttings from these!!!!
Crap forgot about ya. Wife is getting ready to trim them back.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 01:27 PM 03-24-2023
Anyone in the KC area mix their own garden bed soil? I haven't been able to find good places for compost and vermiculite other than small bags of vermiculate and the one yellow bag of cow manure compost that would work, but I'd like to find some other sorts of compost to mix with it.

I'm doing a big new raised bed and am needing to get a lot of soil to finish getting it up to the soil level I want, and don't want to spend a fortune on the bagged garden soil.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:15 PM 03-28-2023
They fogged and seal coated our road last summer. Now, most of the chips seem to be in my yard-thanks to the snow plow.

What is the best way of picking them up and removing them?
I know I will not get them all, but want to prevent more from moving into the yard when I mow.

Could not find anything online. Still looking.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 05:04 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
They fogged and seal coated our road last summer. Now, most of the chips seem to be in my yard-thanks to the snow plow.

What is the best way of picking them up and removing them?
I know I will not get them all, but want to prevent more from moving into the yard when I mow.

Could not find anything online. Still looking.
I did not realize how pricey they are but a friend of mine used one of these to get the gravel out the grass from his driveway after winter plow jobs.

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Swee...2-63e904010ad0

You might be able to rent one. He had a small one like above for some spots and a big one for his Bobcat.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:49 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
I did not realize how pricey they are but a friend of mine used one of these to get the gravel out the grass from his driveway after winter plow jobs.

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Swee...2-63e904010ad0

You might be able to rent one. He had a small one like above for some spots and a big one for his Bobcat.
This is what they have at a rental place.
https://a1rentit.com/product/sweeper...hind-46-/65251

I do have a lawn sweeper to pull behind by mower
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

found this
https://www.unitedrentals.com/market...ld-gas-powered
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 06:56 PM 03-28-2023
I doubt your lawn sweeper would pick up what you need picked up.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:14 PM 03-28-2023
So the next question is...

do I brush it in a pile, on the street or in my neighbors yard? (the dick)
[Reply]
penguinz 09:54 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Anyone in the KC area mix their own garden bed soil? I haven't been able to find good places for compost and vermiculite other than small bags of vermiculate and the one yellow bag of cow manure compost that would work, but I'd like to find some other sorts of compost to mix with it.

I'm doing a big new raised bed and am needing to get a lot of soil to finish getting it up to the soil level I want, and don't want to spend a fortune on the bagged garden soil.
Look up hugelkultur raised garden bed. Is an awesome way to garden organically.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:21 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Look up hugelkultur raised garden bed. Is an awesome way to garden organically.
Second this. I actually was unaware of the name for it, but the technique is something I learned a few years ago. It works great and minimizes costs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:51 AM 04-02-2023
warm enough to plant grass?
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:18 AM 04-02-2023
In hindsight it seems obvious but learned the lesson that I have to dial back my drip system schedule during the winter months.

Had to replace 4 Red Yuccas but everything else I should be able to save.

Also looking into doing a waterless cactus garden along the path to my backyard.
[Reply]
scho63 10:26 AM 04-02-2023
I spent 9 1/2 hours over two days several weeks back getting all the fucking weeds out of the rocks on my lawn.

I will invest in 75% vinegar concentrate next as I know that works to kill the weeds AND the roots. 1 gallon of vinegar + 1 gallon of hot water in a 2 gallon pump sprayer will take care of a lot. Probably need 5-6 gallons of vinegar.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 57
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Up