ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 173
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
hometeam 08:42 PM 04-08-2017
I have read every single update to this thread, every day. I have never posted but have always wished you would make and it and dreaded this day.

Know that you have inspired me and others countless times, and really showed what it means, and how important it is to live a real life.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 09:02 PM 04-08-2017
Don't know you at all Ed. Followed the thread lightly recently because I'd hoped you had it beat. Saw the lounge name had changed and my heart sank. Sat and read through today's posts and wept for a good bit. Times like this makes me so thankful for all the amazing folks here on the Planet.

I'm really sorry for everything you have had to endure. I'll pray that God makes these last days as gentle as possible. Much love, peace, and prayers to you good sir.
[Reply]
Smed1065 10:16 PM 04-08-2017
Speechless, Thank you for your inspiration. You will be remembered.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:13 PM 04-08-2017
I've never met you, but through following this thread and reading about your battle I feel like I've gotten to know a bit about you. I logged on tonight and saw the lounge name and assumed the worst. After reading the recent posts I have to admit I shed a few tears. You have had a positive impact on this place and you will be missed.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:21 PM 04-08-2017
My heart hurts for you, Ed. I am so sorry for your prognosis.

I remember that you wrote that you preferred having a great piss to receiving third base a couple of years back. I was younger at the time, and didn't understand how any grown man would take that position.

Now that I am a grown man, I totally understand what you mean. Pisses always deliver. I hope you have a few more before heading that way - and I hope to see you on the other side.

I hope you have the means to be as comfortable as possible in these times. We are all thinking about you, Ed.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:47 AM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by mac459:
Ed you inspired me during my battles with my stomach..I had it whipped and it come back but I'm kicking ass again..I come back and read this thread whenever I was having a bad day..it is saved in my favorites so I can get to it quickly..words can not express how sad I was to read the last update..I hope your last days are comfortable and I will keep you in my thoughts
You keep on fighting, Mac.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:09 AM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by Bwana:
The Grand?

https://thegrand-hotel.com/

Moose Drool is excellent.
Yep, the Grand. Nice little throwback to wild west days and they serve a delicious buffalo burger.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:20 AM 04-09-2017
I don't know how much longer I will be able to sit at my computer and make posts, so I wanted to share something with you all now, to put my mind at ease that I got to say it. The multitude of you who have expressed such wonderful sentiments to me has been truly overwhelming. I never really thought I could inspire people, let alone to the degree you all tell me I have. My friend Chris who is a global outreach minister and goes to some nasty, scary places to bring God's word such as Ethiopia, northern India where radical Hindus rule, and Liberia said that my purpose here may well have been to show through my suffering how a man of faith in Jesus lives and how he dies. I may have brought many closer to Christ and eternal salvation and when I do pass, I will hear, "well done, my faithful servant."

I want to thank you all once again for how you have touched my life with all the prayers, support, and love these past two and a half years. It has made more of a difference in my life than I can put into words. I love you all.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:18 AM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I don't know how much longer I will be able to sit at my computer and make posts, so I wanted to share something with you all now, to put my mind at ease that I got to say it. The multitude of you who have expressed such wonderful sentiments to me has been truly overwhelming. I never really thought I could inspire people, let alone to the degree you all tell me I have. My friend Chris who is a global outreach minister and goes to some nasty, scary places to bring God's word such as Ethiopia, northern India where radical Hindus rule, and Liberia said that my purpose here may well have been to show through my suffering how a man of faith in Jesus lives and how he dies. I may have brought many closer to Christ and eternal salvation and when I do pass, I will hear, "well done, my faithful servant."

I want to thank you all once again for how you have touched my life with all the prayers, support, and love these past two and a half years. It has made more of a difference in my life than I can put into words. I love you all.
You have made a difference and you are loved. God Bless you.
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 03:36 AM 04-09-2017
:-) Never doubt how much of an impact you've had in people's lives both here and in life. Sorry to her the news, you will be sorely missed.:-)
[Reply]
Bwana 07:20 AM 04-09-2017
Yep, the Grand. Nice little throwback to wild west days and they serve a delicious buffalo burger.
It is, I was in there about 2 months ago buying a gift certificate,. Michael Keaton has a place around Big Timber and hangs out in there on occasion.

If there is anything we can do for you from this point on, just say the word Ed. I know there are a lot of people including myself that really care about you, so don't be shy if we can help in any way.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:05 AM 04-09-2017
Ed, I know I've never commented on here, but that doesn't mean I haven't been paying attention. You have been one hell of an inspiration to alot of people, including myself. You have fought one hell of a fight. God bless you good sir.
[Reply]
Three7s 10:30 AM 04-09-2017

That gave me tears. To a brother in Christ, a post like this means more than anything. Just as Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross and did God's will, you're doing the same by showing us the fruits of your Holy Spirit, and I too, hope many come to Christ by seeing your life lived by faith as an example for all.

You fought the fight, you finished the race, you kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7

God bless, my brother in Christ.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:39 PM 04-09-2017

Ed, you have shown us that. May your last days the be consumed with your faith and the sweetest days that your faith has ever known.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:28 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Ed, I know I've never commented on here, but that doesn't mean I haven't been paying attention. You have been one hell of an inspiration to alot of people, including myself. You have fought one hell of a fight. God bless you good sir.
This x100000000
[Reply]
Page 154 of 173
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Up