ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 172
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:53 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
Saw the recommendation for Rehearsal in this thread, which led me to Nathan For You on HBO, which is the same lead - it's absolutely killing me. Not a new show, but one of the most awkward shows I've seen, and fucking hilarious.

Best part of the game so far @nathanfielder pic.twitter.com/2MAJjR2uro

— Brett Hanfling (@Brett_Hanfling) October 8, 2022

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:54 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
That’s great. :-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10-11-2022, 08:11 PM
This message has been deleted by Pepe Silvia. Reason: Nevermind
Coochie liquor 08:33 PM 10-12-2022
Holy shit… just watched all 3 episodes of Sins of Our Mother on Netflix. It’s about the Vallow killing her kids craziness. I don’t think I’ve ever seen something that made me so emotional. Fighting back tears, and it’s hard. Not really sure I’d recommend this, it’s a very hard watch, but also hard to stop watching. Feel sooooo fucking bad for the surviving son. Just brutal to watch.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:52 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Late to the Apple tv game and operating on a 3 month trial and this show is legit. Picking up first season True Detective vibes.
I watched it up until the the jailbreak chaos/prison cafeteria fight...that was comically bad. Like unrealistic 80s TV bad...I haven't watched it since.

It's not even close to True Detective quality...the female lead is pretty meh and the scene where he's charming the FBI, being all buddy buddy, on the plane was stupid.

I had heard good things...and watched on a recommendation. Didn't buy it ...the killer was good.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:18 PM 10-17-2022
Binge watching old Curb Your Enthusiasms.

“The fuck it philosophy, I tried it with Orthodics, didn’t go over too well.” :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:58 AM 10-18-2022
Yoooooo, For All Mankind is the biggest surprise for me...maybe ever in a show. I don't know anyone talking about it. An alternate reality show where the Russians beat us to the moon, and it follows the internal NASA reaction to it. I'm captivated by the high production values, great acting, and fun period setting of the late 60's. I'm willing to bet it's up everyone here's alley.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:48 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Yoooooo, For All Mankind is the biggest surprise for me...maybe ever in a show. I don't know anyone talking about it. An alternate reality show where the Russians beat us to the moon, and it follows the internal NASA reaction to it. I'm captivated by the high production values, great acting, and fun period setting of the late 60's. I'm willing to bet it's up everyone here's alley.
I've been watching this as well. I think there's a dedicated thread here that Clay started?

It's really solid. The end of the second season is some of the best television I've watched.

Progresses from the 60s through the 90s (so far).
[Reply]
Shag 10:35 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Tangential to Lasso, Welcome to Wrexham is FINALLY HERE!!

Part reality show, part mockumentary, but I dont' sense it's scripted for comedy or drama or particularly, so much as edited after the fact.

Rob McElhenny and Ryan Reynolds purchase an historic if underachieving [5th tier ENL] soccer franchise and document what they go through as new owners in a new season.

This show is pretty fucking great. Outside of seeing what lower-level soccer is like in smalltown UK, Reynolds and McElhenney are goddamn american treasures. It feels like a legitimate bromance between two incredibly likeable guys, in a super random environment neither is familiar or comfortable with. Thanks for bringing it up, would have likely never come across it otherwise.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:38 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Anyone watch Avenue 5? Season 2 is finally here and it starts Monday.

”I will shout you calm.”
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 04:08 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
This show is pretty ****ing great. Outside of seeing what lower-level soccer is like in smalltown UK, Reynolds and McElhenney are goddamn american treasures. It feels like a legitimate bromance between two incredibly likeable guys, in a super random environment neither is familiar or comfortable with. Thanks for bringing it up, would have likely never come across it otherwise.
Reynolds is Canadian, but yeah I agree this show is great. It’s easy to root for the town and the club to do well.
[Reply]
markdis 02:56 PM 10-21-2022
Started to watch New Amsterdam and i like it kinda.
As i don't have a Netflix subscription , i had to watch on some website like putlocker and here comes my question.
Is it necessary to use a vpn when streaming there? Are those reviews about expressvpn are all true?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:39 PM 10-21-2022
Documentary Now! back with a vengeance, first installment is a 2-part satire of Werner Hertzog's stylings. Won't spoil anything except to say this is great content, some of the best being broadcast

[Reply]
HemiEd 10:22 AM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Someone here passed it along to me, so I'll try to pass it along to someone else.
Check out Banshee on HBOMax. It's 4 seasons with 10 episodes each. It's a great show.

There's definitely a ton of sex and violence though, so not a show for those with children in the room.
Thank you, first two episodes have been great. Was about to give up on HBO max.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:21 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Thank you, first two episodes have been great. Was about to give up on HBO max.
No prob. I love the show. It does get a little stale at a point in season 2 but it gets good again soon after.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:34 PM 10-24-2022
I have only seen bits and pieces of Succession, should I watch this series? I’m considering it.
[Reply]
Page 125 of 172
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Up