ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>PFF's (I know I know) latest 3 round mock for our favorite franchise
JohnnyHammersticks 02:45 PM 03-21-2023
31. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: TE DALTON KINCAID, UTAH
With JuJu Smith-Schuster gone, the Chiefs could try to replace him with one of the wide receivers left. But the best options on this board are players of smaller size, which the Chiefs still have. Instead, they could switch it up and take a chance on a receiving tight end to pair with Travis Kelce. I like the size option with Kincaid.

63. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: ED KARL BROOKS, BOWLING GREEN

95. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: ED NICK HERBIG, WISCONSIN

Thoughts?

Man if we combine Kincaid with DHop they might as well just cancel the season and give us the Lombo. Save the players a year of wear-and-tear on their bodies.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 03:04 PM 03-21-2023
I dont see the Chiefs doing that in round 1 but I wouldnt hate it.

In fact i would dig it!

Those next two picks though... Yeesh
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:21 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I dont see the Chiefs doing that in round 1 but I wouldnt hate it.

In fact i would dig it!

Those next two picks though... Yeesh
Yeah those EDGE picks seem to confirm that PFF has no clue what they're even watching 90% of the time. Herbig is way too small to be a Spags EDGE guy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:30 PM 03-21-2023
I've made my position known on Kincaid.

But I'm really starting to come around on Brooks. My real question being - do we truly need to use a 2 on him? For a guy from a non power 5 school who didn't even get a combine invite?

I guess we'll find out, but he seems like someone that could slide to us in the 3rd.

Herbig seems like a particularly poor fit, TBH. I'm not sure where a 235 lb edge w/ solid but unspectacular athleticism functions in this defense. He's a technician as a pass rusher but not someone I think you can just split out wide and send on a straight rush. In a 4-3 he's, at best, a sub package player and really you'd probably just be better served with a more stout DE and the occasional blitz from Gay/Tranquill off the edge.

That doesn't seem to make sense to me at all. Herbig projects as most likely a 3-4 weakside OLB. I don't see him here at all. Some of the same questions that surround McDonald here surround him and he doesn't have the standout athletic traits that McDonald has to offset them, IMO.

I'm fine w/ LaPorta in the 2nd and Brooks in the 3rd w/ a true Edge, OT or WR in the 1st round, but the PFF draft seems like it would be really underwhelming long-term. Not a fan.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Yeah those EDGE picks seem to confirm that PFF has no clue what they're even watching 90% of the time. Herbig is way too small to be a Spags EDGE guy.
Brooks isn't a pure edge here, IMO.

He's going to be used in the Danna mold more than anything and may eventually become more of an interior rusher to replace Wharton long-term. I think that's where he's best suited and he could be a real asset there.

But PFF listing him as an edge doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I don't think that's where he ends up at the next level.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:44 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm fine w/ LaPorta in the 2nd and Brooks in the 3rd w/ a true Edge, OT or WR in the 1st round.
I could go for this.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:45 PM 03-21-2023
I've made my position known on Kincaid.

But I'm really starting to come around on Brooks. My real question being - do we truly need to use a 2 on him? For a guy from a non power 5 school who didn't even get a combine invite?

I guess we'll find out, but he seems like someone that could slide to us in the 3rd.

Herbig seems like a particularly poor fit, TBH. I'm not sure where a 235 lb edge w/ solid but unspectacular athleticism functions in this defense. He's a technician as a pass rusher but not someone I think you can just split out wide and send on a straight rush. In a 4-3 he's, at best, a sub package player and really you'd probably just be better served with a more stout DE and the occasional blitz from Gay/Tranquill off the edge.

That doesn't seem to make sense to me at all. Herbig projects as most likely a 3-4 weakside OLB. I don't see him here at all. Some of the same questions that surround McDonald here surround him and he doesn't have the standout athletic traits that McDonald has to offset them, IMO.

I'm fine w/ LaPorta in the 2nd and Brooks in the 3rd w/ a true Edge, OT or WR in the 1st round, but the PFF draft seems like it would be really underwhelming long-term. Not a fan.
Brooks won't make it to our 3rd pick, I have little doubt. He was in my first group of guys I liked, somewhere on another thread, so I'm going to do another "jump up on my bandwagon, which was also someone else's bandwagon before me" He was being talked about as a 3rd or 4th round guy waaaay back and even without a combine trip I don't think the signal has got anything but stronger since. I think he's an early to mid R3 guy but could go earlier imo.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:50 PM 03-21-2023

He's going to be used in the Danna mold more than anything and may eventually become more of an interior rusher to replace Wharton long-term. I think that's where he's best suited and he could be a real asset there.

But PFF listing him as an edge doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I don't think that's where he ends up at the next level.
I don't think PFF really think he's an Edge either. Whenever he's mentioned he's discussed as a guy who ends up being a DT who occasionally shifts to rush from the edge. Problem is he's not great against the run as a DT. I like him a lot, I think he's the best chance you have of getting a guy who can rush inside and out AND turn into a competent "run stuffer" at a non-premium draft pick. But I think he falls between our picks.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:09 PM 03-21-2023
Yeah im out on the whole first round TE thing.

But i'm all for the strategy of throwing numbers at DE like we did with CB last year.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:12 PM 03-21-2023

Yeah didn't make sense to me either. I've only him as DT-3 tech when thinking about where he'd fit with us. Never even thought about him at EDGE, but if he's a freak athlete and can play out there at or near 300 then sign me up.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:51 PM 03-21-2023
CO'S biggest loves every year: Tight end, safety, trade back
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:01 PM 03-21-2023
Not my favorite mock.
[Reply]
kozzman555 06:25 PM 03-21-2023
I thought brooks would be a 3 tech DL in a 4-3 or a DE in a 3-4, def not a DE in our system under Spags
[Reply]
Up