ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 44
« First < 243031323334 35363738 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
notorious 05:14 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Which is why you should get the Tesla and not the Ford. The Ford range is incredibly limited, asking with payload and towing capacity. Tesla is designed to make those things plausible. F150 is designed to beat pavement princess or non hauling work truck.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
That thing is not a work truck.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:23 PM 04-15-2022
Which is why you should get the Tesla and not the Ford. The Ford range is incredibly limited, asking with payload and towing capacity. Tesla is designed to make those things plausible. F150 is designed to beat pavement princess or non hauling work truck.

Then maybe Tesla shoulda designed a truck that appeals to men who do blue collar work for a living.
[Reply]
srvy 05:27 PM 04-15-2022
This is wildly inaccurate. So much so that I question so the claims you make, including having them on your land. Seems motivated by a chosen narrative by a dishonest actor.

The only one spreading bullshit in this thread is you. You are flat out lying on contractors and the 2-hour radius that as phony as it gets. You sound like an around-town handyman.

Aturnip returns with bullshit.
[Reply]
notorious 05:49 PM 04-15-2022
I am the second most excited person in this thread about electric trucks, but Tesla better actually talk to someone that uses their truck for actual work when designing the final product.

Think crew cab on at least a 2500 frame, with a usable 6.5-8’ pickup or flatbed.

I’m intrigued by the low maintenance and longevity.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:56 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
I am the second most excited person in this thread about electric trucks, but Tesla better actually talk to someone that uses their truck for actual work when designing the final product.

Think crew cab on at least a 2500 frame, with a usable 6.5-8’ pickup or flatbed.

Why though? I’m fairly certain there are far more truck buyers that couldn’t care less about actual work performance in their truck than those that do care. An 8 ft bed especially is overkill unless they want to have bed length options. People are very used to small beds and they are very popular. Of course the flip side is that those guys that just buy a truck for looks or status or whatever may be hard to get off their preferred make.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:56 PM 04-15-2022

I need low cost of ownership. I’ll be in. But it has to be proven in the field. I’m no beta tester.
[Reply]
notorious 05:59 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I need low cost of ownership. I’ll be in. But it has to be proven in the field. I’m no beta tester.
The current Tesla concept truck is for the dude that tools around the city in his 1500 High Country and loses his shit if the pickup bed liner gets scratched from hauling his wife’s IKEA purchases.
[Reply]
aturnis 06:04 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by backinblack:
and what happens when 300 million electric cars are simultaneously charging over night on our current electrical grid?
Grid is already overbuilt. It has to be built for max demand everywhere but Texas apparently, lol.

Grid is built to supply your home with the rating of your panel. Your car will take only 30-40 amps and charges over a number of hours. You aren't charging 300 miles each night, most likely under 80 most nights.

That coupled with the decrease in demand from led light bulbs and other more efficient appliances over the years makes it really a moot point.

If there is any issue beyond this, it'll be more than offset by the massive amounts of battery storage about to hit the grid over the next decade.

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:04 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by backinblack:
and what happens when 300 million electric cars are simultaneously charging over night on our current electrical grid?
Wind farms generate a lot of power at night and if you are spending 8 or 12 hours recharging the vehicle overnight, the demand isn't that high and there isn't a lot of other demand at night.

Trying to fast super charge a lot cars during the day I could see being a bigger issue.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:08 PM 04-15-2022
Grid is already overbuilt. It has to be built for max demand everywhere but Texas apparently, lol.

Grid is built to supply your home with the rating of your panel. Your car will take only 30-40 amps and charges over a number of hours. You aren't charging 300 miles each night, most likely under 80 most nights.

That coupled with the decrease in demand from led light bulbs and other more efficient appliances over the years makes it really a moot point.

If there is any issue beyond this, it'll be more than offset by the massive amounts of battery storage about to hit the grid over the next decade.

Uh, California's grid is not massively over built and how does everyone charge their cars on days that are also peak demand?

Although forest fires aside, it might be in better shape than Texas.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:12 PM 04-15-2022
Yes, the grid could use industrial scale battery storage.

It could also use more long distance, super high capacity transmission lines.

Neither is especially easy to come by.
[Reply]
aturnis 06:14 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
The only one spreading bullshit in this thread is you. You are flat out lying on contractors and the 2-hour radius that as phony as it gets. You sound like an around-town handyman.

Aturnip returns with bullshit.
You're being an ass. Been in commercial construction for almost 20 years headline multi million dollar projects. Literally worked with thousands of companies and individuals. Depending on your geography, 98% of your work is probably inside of a 90 mile radius. Especially if you're based in a city which of course is where most work is done.

[Reply]
aturnis 06:17 PM 04-15-2022

Have you not looked at the specs? It radically outperforms an F150. In many categories it's closer to a 250.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2019/1...ord-f-150.html

[Reply]
aturnis 06:20 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yes, the grid could use industrial scale battery storage.

It could also use more long distance, super high capacity transmission lines.

Neither is especially easy to come by.
Battery storage will not be an issue. Iron is cheap and plentiful. Large scale would be nice, but enough people will install them in their homes along with solar to create some buffer.

I don't think high capacity lines are a huge issue. Honestly, battery storage should create enough microgrids to keep production close to consumption.

[Reply]
Lzen 06:30 PM 04-15-2022
Battery storage will not be an issue. Iron is cheap and plentiful. Large scale would be nice, but enough people will install them in their homes along with solar to create some buffer.

I don't think high capacity lines are a huge issue. Honestly, battery storage should create enough microgrids to keep production close to consumption.

I like they idea of solar. As a matter of fact, I'm looking very seriously into getting my home on solar real soon.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 44
« First < 243031323334 35363738 > Last »
Up