ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Fisher to the Colts
staylor26 09:52 AM 05-10-2021

Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher is signing a one-year, $9.4 million deal with the Indianapolis Colts, per source. The former No. 1 overall pick now will be Carson Wentz’s blindside protector.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 10, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
When the UFL (United Football League) started like 10 years ago (and ended almost immediately) they had like 5 teams, brought in some has beens like Jeff Garcia (the Omaha Nighthawks quarterback) but there were some young guys that were trying to make NFL rosters.

The problem was, they played in the fall, so they competed against HS, College and the NFL. Idiots. I think if they would have partnered with the NFL, they could have had a Spring Football "feeder league" like NFL Europe and we could have had football year around. Get some smaller markets like Omaha, Savannah, Tucson, whatever, and get together like 12 teams for NFL teams to send players to, and cut their teeth that way. I dunno, I think it could work.
Those secondary markets can't sustain it for whatever reason. AAA baseball does fine in a place like Des Moines but they couldn't keep an AFL team despite championship appearances and the rise of Kurt Warner. They eventually went AF2 and even that was a struggle.

Football just doesn't do well in the minors, for some reason.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:42 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Football just doesn't do well in the minors, for some reason.
Bad football is difficult to watch.

It's not like Minor League Baseball or even the NBA's G League, because those many of those players, especially the highly drafted guys, will go on to have a pro careers, which makes it fun to watch.

But only a very small percentage of players, especially these days with extensive scouting tools and metrics, will go from a semi-pro league to the NFL.

And, bad football is just hard to watch.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:54 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Bad football is difficult to watch.

It's not like Minor League Baseball or even the NBA's G League, because those many of those players, especially the highly drafted guys, will go on to have a pro careers, which makes it fun to watch.

But only a very small percentage of players, especially these days with extensive scouting tools and metrics, will go from a semi-pro league to the NFL.

And, bad football is just hard to watch.
Roster size and career-length have to be some of the biggest issues.
[Reply]
TEX 04:50 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
On the plus side, finishing 13-3 is no longer possible. LOL
Thank goodness!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:11 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
I’d say Darius Leonard was his best pick, considering most people hated it at the time. Hell, some people had it as the worst pick of the entire draft.

Also, why in the hell would they have drafted Allen or Jackson? Luck didn’t retire until after the 2018 season.

Again, you have no clue what you’re talking about.
:-)

I had no idea we had a fucking Colts fan on Chiefsplanet.

I hope they continue to draft guards with their Top 10 picks and they suck for eternity.

Fuck you and fuck the Colts.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 05:51 PM 05-11-2021

I had no idea we had a ****ing Colts fan on Chiefsplanet.

I hope they continue to draft guards with their Top 10 picks and they suck for eternity.

**** you and **** the Colts.
Of course. I wouldn’t expect anything less on a Chiefs board.

Future conversations would be helped considerably if you had any clue whatsoever about what we’re discussing, though.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:39 PM 05-11-2021
Future conversations would be helped considerably if you had any clue whatsoever about what we’re discussing, though.

You're a buttfucking moron.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:46 PM 05-11-2021

You're a butt****ing moron.
Dane called me a butt****ing moron. That’s like a CP rite of passage. :-)

I’m so emotional right now.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:00 PM 05-11-2021
Dane called me a butt****ing moron. That’s like a CP rite of passage. :-)

I’m so emotional right now.
Frankly, I'm shocked the Colts didn't go 1-15 last year in an attempt to nab Lawrence. How else are you supposed to find a top QB if you don't suck on purpose to get the #1 pick?

These next 10 years of QB purgatory will be really good for you. I'm happy you're finally going develop some character as an NFL fan and experience numb pain of having to wander around the desert for years on end hoping some magical Tom Brady gets shat out with one of your midround picks.

Enjoy our hell!
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:08 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Frankly, I'm shocked the Colts didn't go 1-15 last year in an attempt to nab Lawrence. How else are you supposed to find a top QB if you don't suck on purpose to get the #1 pick?

These next 10 years of QB purgatory will be really good for you. I'm happy you're finally going develop some character as an NFL fan and experience numb pain of having to wander around the desert for years on end hoping some magical Tom Brady gets shat out with one of your midround picks.

Enjoy our hell!

They didn’t “suck on purpose” to get Luck. We’ve been through this 100 times. Just because you keep saying it doesn’t make it true.

I’m not old enough to remember the Colts bad years in the 80’s and 90’s but they were really bad for a really long time.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:27 PM 05-11-2021

They didn’t “suck on purpose” to get Luck. We’ve been through this 100 times. Just because you keep saying it doesn’t make it true.

I’m not old enough to remember the Colts bad years in the 80’s and 90’s but they were really bad for a really long time.
Well, nothing against Luck, but his career couldn't have ended more appropriately. You're given another generational QB without having to plan jack shit (just like the last one) and you ruin him through your own incompetence and wind up reaping none of the success that was promised when Luck declared for the draft. The football gods finally decided to bestow sweet sweet justice when they mutilated Luck and made him retire early.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:47 PM 05-11-2021
Well, nothing against Luck, but his career couldn't have ended more appropriately. You're given another generational QB without having to plan jack shit (just like the last one) and you ruin him through your own incompetence and wind up reaping none of the success that was promised when Luck declared for the draft. The football gods finally decided to bestow sweet sweet justice when they mutilated Luck and made him retire early.
They went through a lot of crappy quarterbacks from Bert Jones’ last year in 81 until they drafted Manning in 98. That included a gambling addict(Schlichter) and quite possibly the biggest asshole ever to play in the NFL, Jeff George, both of whom they drafted number one overall.

So, it’s not accurate at all to say they didn’t suffer before they got Manning.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:50 PM 05-11-2021
They went through a lot of crappy quarterbacks from Bert Jones’ last year in 81 until they drafted Manning in 98. That included a gambling addict(Schlichter) and quite possibly the biggest asshole ever to play in the NFL, Jeff George, both of whom they drafted number one overall.

So, it’s not accurate at all to say they didn’t suffer before they got Manning.
You sound like Patriots fans saying, "We had to go through Rohan Davey herpa derpa derp" whenever people say they've had it butt ass lucky
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:54 PM 05-11-2021
You sound like Patriots fans saying, "We had to go through Rohan Davey herpa derpa derp" whenever people say they've had it butt ass lucky
You implied that they were somehow gifted Manning without deserving him. I pointed out that wasn’t really the case. :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:40 PM 05-11-2021
You implied that they were somehow gifted Manning without deserving him. I pointed out that wasn’t really the case. :-)
You had how many whacks at the #1 overall pick prior to Manning? A million?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up