ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 51
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:56 AM 06-11-2018
Fucking Heart Shaped Box.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:04 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
****ing Heart Shaped Box.
Last nights Episdoe showed that even FORD, was surprised what was happening to the Hosts.

It was through the Indian dude that he learned that SUFFERING was needed.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:09 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Fucking Heart Shaped Box.
Wish they hadn't spoiled it in pre-season trailers. Would have had more impact as something new last night. Still great, but taking a moment to recall hearing it before took a little away from the impact.

Djawadi is a BAUCE. Such an ear for arrangement to wring new emotion out of the familiar. Doesn't hurt that it feels like he's constantly picking from my top shelf playlist.

His arrangement is Runaway might be my favorite music of 2018.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:30 AM 06-11-2018
Huge spoiler [for those not up to date], comprehensive timeline to present episode

http://www.thisisinsider.com/westwor...poilers-2018-4
[Reply]
vailpass 10:36 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Amazing episode
Really good. The dude that played the the indian was nails.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:39 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Really good. The dude that played the the indian was nails.
Did you watch Fargo?
[Reply]
hometeam 10:44 AM 06-11-2018
Told my girlfriend to listen closely that the slow music was actually Nirvana. She says "who's that?". Damn millennials.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:50 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Did you watch Fargo?
Saw the movie long ago.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:51 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Told my girlfriend to listen closely that the slow music was actually Nirvana. She says "who's that?". Damn millennials.
Good girl. It'll keep you young.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:55 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Watch out, she's about to spill her juice box.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:37 PM 06-11-2018
It was just so amazing that they could add to the already amazing dynamic playing out. I see "wyatt" as the dark side and Maeve as the Middle now and Ghost Nation as the good.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:56 PM 06-11-2018
Half way thru the episode I was hoping the Indian dude had already got out, and went into business with Delos as a part owner of the park. So the entire time it would be partly owned by a host. But it turned out not to be.

Am I the only one that wants to see a host "get out" into the real world and we see what they do?
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:47 PM 06-11-2018
Best episode of the series so far. Visually stunning and actually introduced a new main player, with a damn interesting back story, who's been in plain sight the entire time. Well played.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:15 PM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Best episode of the series so far. Visually stunning and actually introduced a new main player, with a damn interesting back story, who's been in plain sight the entire time. Well played.
The cinematography was off the charts. Fantastic visuals. Love the direction. The new actor was so well played. This was top quality made TV. :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 09:24 AM 06-12-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
It was just so amazing that they could add to the already amazing dynamic playing out. I see "wyatt" as the dark side and Maeve as the Middle now and Ghost Nation as the good.

I see Ghost Nation as more of a catalyst than good or bad. I think they have a vital role to play in how the hosts determine their future but it's still going to be Maeve's side versus Wyatt's side.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 51
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up