ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 208 of 258
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
tredadda 06:49 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
And Russel Wilson got 160mm guaranteed.

You can say it's idiotic but the market is the market.
Difference is that while we love to mock our favorite fat AFCW QB, he has a much longer history of success than Lamar and was a far superior passer than Jackson.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:57 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I wonder if a trend will start where teams trade their good quarterback that they drafted to draft another rookie deal.

If you hit the pick, you basically get an extra 35–40m in cap space that teams with a second contract QB don’t have.

I was thinking Daniel Jones may have been the first.
That would be a bad idea. QB is the most important position on the field and true franchise QBs are very hard to find. Trading one and trying to find another one would fail far more often than succeed. It’s like the Rams draft pick strategy. It worked once, but is not sustainable. Same with trying to keep starting over with a new QB that you might get 3-4 years out of (based off where he is drafted and taking the first year as a learning year into account).
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:01 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Difference is that while we love to mock our favorite fat AFCW QB, he has a much longer history of success than Lamar and was a far superior passer than Jackson.
Lamar isn't far removed from an MVP season (Wilson has never even received a single MVP vote), has had several seasons of atrocious receiving options, and is in the prime of his career.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 07:04 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That would be a bad idea. QB is the most important position on the field and true franchise QBs are very hard to find. Trading one and trying to find another one would fail far more often than succeed. It’s like the Rams draft pick strategy. It worked once, but is not sustainable. Same with trying to keep starting over with a new QB that you might get 3-4 years out of (based off where he is drafted and taking the first year as a learning year into account).
And then on the other end of the spectrum you have the 9ers who would easily be the NFC Super Bowl favourite if they went after a top tier QB. But apparently they like being on the cusp every year.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:25 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sean Payton made Drew Brees, Teddy Bridewater and Jamies Winston all look very good. Yes he’s a Donkey now but that doesn’t mean he’s not one of the best offensive coaches.

People get butthurt and think that means that’s saying they’re better. I think Sean Payton will make Russ look decent again.

Not elite. Decent..
Payton is a great offensive minded coach no doubt and the Broncos should improve offensively. What he is not is the second coming of Lombardi.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:28 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
My guess for why you pay a guy like Daniel Jones or Derek Carr is to avoid rock bottom. Cause at least then you're still selling tickets and keeping things interesting. But even still, it'll never lead to anything. Some owners just don't fucking care, it seems.
It's the 90's KC model that didn't work. Surround an average QB with talent and hope. The only difference the 90s KC and LV (when they had Carr)/NYG is at least they drafted their QB.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:31 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's still a respectable defense. If they run the ball, play-action pass, and play defense, yeah, they could squeak out 8.

If they let Russ cook, they're fucked.
They won't. Russ could get his way with Hackett who was overmatched. Payton is different and they aren't paying him $18 million a year to let Russ run the show.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:34 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Its disgusting that ANY QB gets more than Mahomes!

Hell they shouldnt get near his money. He has EARNED it!

I get it, thats how the league works. Oh geez, the next QB to sign is going to get even more!

Just because the next guy shows some potential and is next in line, BIG DEAL!

I dont know why they dont just look at the player and say, when you accomplish anything close to what Mahomes has, we will pay you accordingly.

I am not saying dont pay the guy, he will still get many millions but performance should matter.

How could Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones and Justin Herbert even argue that? They could not.

I can see Burrow getting something close, you could make an argument for Josh Allen to be close to that kind of money. But they havent done what Mahomes has, no one has.
Except for the fact that Mahomes, much like Brady, accepted less than his worth. Other QBs have zero reasons to take less than Mahomes.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:41 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
And-

Mahomes doesn't care.

He's acquired generational wealth for his family, and now cares only about rings and glory, not benjamins.

They got ahead of the curve, and that was really smart.

Like this little stretch we're currently in is the WORST of the Mahomes cap hit situation. And we just won a SB. It's only going to get easier from '25 on.
He acknowledged that when he signed it that he wouldn't be the highest paid QB in the league for long. Through investments and endorsements he will probably clear over $1 billion by the time he retires for good. Knowing this, one of the best ways to get more and more endorsements is to be marketable. He is and winning helps a ton with that. He is firmly fixed on legacy now with Brady being the model he followed along with the bar he wants to exceed.
[Reply]
oldman 07:46 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Too bad he never made it past WR3. Learn to run precise routes kid.
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:57 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

And stayed behind Juju, MVS and Kadarious Toney.

Gadget player Mecole seems upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:07 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sean Payton made Drew Brees, Teddy Bridewater and Jamies Winston all look very good. Yes he’s a Donkey now but that doesn’t mean he’s not one of the best offensive coaches.

People get butthurt and think that means that’s saying they’re better. I think Sean Payton will make Russ look decent again.

Not elite. Decent..
Meh this is a little bit of hyperbole. Winston and Bridgewater didn't look "very good" they merely looked adequate. Winston had a fast start then went back to being himself.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:14 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Meh this is a little bit of hyperbole. Winston and Bridgewater didn't look "very good" they merely looked adequate. Winston had a fast start then went back to being himself.
He's gong to try to play Titans ball against us. They probably have the D for it, but less at running back, maybe more over all at wr than when the tits had AJ, and qb quality is equal too and maybe better than Tannehill. Ill still take KC 9/10.
[Reply]
O.city 10:29 AM 03-27-2023
Taylor Rapp to the Bills.

That's a nice signing.
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:19 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Taylor Rapp to the Bills.

That's a nice signing.
That is an interesting signing. I wonder what type of contract he is signing for and if he projects to be a starter?

Jordan Poyer, 2023 $10.5M cap
Micah Hyde, 2023 $4.8M cap, 2024 $7.5M cap
Damar Hamlin, 2023 $980K cap, 2024 $1.095M cap
Taylor Rapp, contract? Two-year starter for the LA Rams.

Bills might be unsure of Hyde/Hamlin for 2023. Hyde (neck injury) only had two games in 2022 and will Hamlin be good for the season.
[Reply]
Page 208 of 258
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218 > Last »
Up