9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:43 PM 07-01-2021
Royals Official Song for what needs to be happen

[Reply]
srvy 01:45 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I tried to point this out over the past month and got called a Negative Nancy, Debbie Downer Crabby old SOB who revels in the losing. I was just trying to knock the rose colored glasses off the fools re-arranging the furniture on the deck of the Titanic.

This team is on pace to lose between 95 and 100 games if things don't change. And things are not going to change this year.

I knew going in they were not going to be a winning team, but close to .500 was realistic. They're on track to be among the dregs of MLB again this year. I'll bet Baltimore is smacking their lips looking forward to beating us after the ASG. We're one of the few teams they have a chance against.

It's really sad, but it's just another lost season.I don't think its asking too much to expect your team not to be among the worst in baseball year after year after year after year. I just hope it doesn't take them 30 years to get back into contention. That's been their history. Suckage in 30 year segments.
You were all of those things above. So now you are going to pound your chest like Kong because you may be right. You had no idea what they would be this season and no one did after the shortened season last year. I'll still be pulling for them to get hot and turn it around and make some hope for next year. I will fully expect you to be the bitter negative Nancy you are till the end.

[Reply]
gblowfish 01:46 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Trade duffy and salvy
They won't trade Salvy the same way they'd never trade Sweeney. He's going to be the one guy that'll bring people to the ballpark.

I'd definitely deal Duffy and seriously consider dealing Merrifield and Mondi. Merrifield has about three more years of tread on him. Mondi is made of balsa wood. I'd also DFA Davis when he comes off the IL and just sit Soler on the bench. If they have the option I'd send Dozier to AA and let him try to work himself back to the bigs.

I'd bring up Pratto and Witt and Lacey and let them start getting some MLB experience. I don't care if we suck and lose, we're doing that already. DH Santana and Salvey. I'm afraid we're going to wear Salvey out by late July.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:49 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I tried to point this out over the past month and got called a Negative Nancy, Debbie Downer Crabby old SOB who revels in the losing. I was just trying to knock the rose colored glasses off the fools re-arranging the furniture on the deck of the Titanic.

This team is on pace to lose between 95 and 100 games if things don't change. And things are not going to change this year.

I knew going in they were not going to be a winning team, but close to .500 was realistic. They're on track to be among the dregs of MLB again this year. I'll bet Baltimore is smacking their lips looking forward to beating us after the ASG. We're one of the few teams they have a chance against.

It's really sad, but it's just another lost season.I don't think its asking too much to expect your team not to be among the worst in baseball year after year after year after year. I just hope it doesn't take them 30 years to get back into contention. That's been their history. Suckage in 30 year segments.
If they lose 90+ games, I really don't see how DM keeps his job. Kick him upstairs to become a special ambassador to growing urban baseball, or something. But you can't have this many awful seasons AFTER winning a World Series. It's one thing before, when he took over an organization in shambles and had to rebuild it (although I think even that took too long). But now? No winning seasons since 2015, not even sniffing .500 since 2017. Back to back 100-loss seasons in 2018-19.

THREE WINNING SEASONS IN 15 YEARS. Two pennants and a World Championship, thank you very much. But that doesn't get you a lifetime appointment to GM, not when you fall off a cliff like this.

Really, you could/should pull the trigger on Moore now. I just don't know if Sherman is that kind of owner, or if he'll wait til after the season. But somebody needs to be fired RIGHT NOW. I don't care who it is.

/rant over
[Reply]
tk13 02:03 PM 07-01-2021
You can't trade Mondesi. Unless someone blows your doors off, but they won't because of his injuries. I'm sure people would be all over it because they'd be buying low on a guy who legit looks like a superstar the last two years when healthy. DM literally has no leverage, and you're also giving up the most talented guy in the deal. I don't know how you win that trade.

Trading anyone is going to be tricky because no one gives up prospects anymore, and you'd need guys who are close to the majors to try and line up with the pitching prospects, Witt, Pratto, etc.

Look how we just cut Gutierrez, and that was a prospect from what's considered a good trade these days.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:07 PM 07-01-2021
After today the Royals resemble a ladies asshole after a date with Trevor Bauer.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:09 PM 07-01-2021
I mean, I’ll be honest, I’d be a lot more upset with this season if we were competing(!) 4 GB of the division but Witt, Pratto, and the young arms were bombing in the minors.

We know the major league coaching staff is a problem, and this is the best way to flush them out. The future has some exciting faces, folks — and to be honest, the young players in the minors are performing ABOVE expectations.

I’m not sure what else to say, if folks thought that a staff filled with Keller, Junis, Minor and Duffy and a lineup that had Michael A Taylor, Nicky Lopez and Kyle Isbel were World Series contenders — you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

From an organizational sense, this season was always going to be more important for our minor leaguers than the majors — and there is a lot to be excited about there. Is it concerning that they’ll be coming up to an incompetent major league staff? Absolutely! But what’s the best way to clear house?

Keep doing what you’re doing, KC :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:13 PM 07-01-2021
Sometimes seasons just go to shit with injuries and players who were being counted on regressing or just flat out losing it. That's what's happened this year. I just hate throwing away seasons, but the standings say what you are as a team and as an organization. We'll see how the new owner reacts.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:13 PM 07-01-2021
Should know more in a couple weeks years
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:13 PM 07-01-2021
Gotta think some people are getting fired every soon? DFA Soler?
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:20 PM 07-01-2021
If Mondi goes to arbitration in the off season, it'll be interesting to see how that shakes out. New collective bargaining arrangement is on the horizon for MLB too. That could get ugly this time around.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:22 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I’m not sure what else to say, if folks thought that a staff filled with Keller, Junis, Minor and Duffy and a lineup that had Michael A Taylor, Nicky Lopez and Kyle Isbel were World Series contenders — you were setting yourself up for disappointment.
I expected 77-79 wins. If that's setting yourself up for disappointment, it says a lot more about DM's ability than it does my outlook. If he can't even approach that low bar at this stage, that's on him, not me.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:25 PM 07-01-2021
Boston treated us worse than Bauer treated that chick
[Reply]
Mecca 02:32 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I expected 77-79 wins. If that's setting yourself up for disappointment, it says a lot more about DM's ability than it does my outlook. If he can't even approach that low bar at this stage, that's on him, not me.
It's probably time to admit they need a top down house cleaning. Moore has just been here to long.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:33 PM 07-01-2021
@alec_lewis: The Royals lost to the Red Sox, 15-1.

They've lost 9 in a row for the second time in two months. They've lost 21 of their last 25. They are now on pace for 67 wins. This has been brutal in a number of ways. A lot of steam coming from everywhere.

The record is 33-47.
[Reply]
Page 213 of 440
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223263313 > Last »
Up