ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 185
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
kccrow 09:12 PM 11-09-2022
This thread has become incredibly entertaining.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:24 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
This thread has become incredibly entertaining.
:-)

I love the way George plays. After years of watching players take plays off on defense, it is great to see this guy out there.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:48 PM 11-09-2022
27. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (VIA BUCCANEERS): EDGE GEORGE KARLAFTIS

Original Pick: LB Devin Lloyd

Devin Lloyd has been an impact player in a few areas for the Jaguars. But with Jacksonville selecting Sauce Gardner at the top of this draft, they need some trench help. Karlaftis has already seen a ton of action this season. His 233 pass-rush snaps are third-most among rookies, behind only Travon Walker and Aidan Hutchinson. His 23 pressures rank second, and his 18 quarterback hurries come in at No. 1.
[Reply]
Bump 12:36 AM 11-10-2022
he's getting the pressure and seems good against the run. He'll progress and figure out how to finish those sacks, no worries he good.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:58 AM 11-10-2022
For the record, I still think Karlaftis gets around 7 sacks or more this season. He's still in his head, imo, trying to execute the play correctly and read what's actually happening in the play. Once he starts playing more instinctively, he'll start playing faster, and stack some sacks. Getting Frank back on the field, if Clark comes back playing right where he left off, will help with that.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:42 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
LOl, he's a rookie. You didn't really expect him to win every snap?

But to say that he has poor recognition is just not the case.

He's making plays in the run game. Not every play, but he's making most of them. And I'm not talking about just making tackles or setting the edge. It's his recognition; this guy aint no Dee Ford. He's way ahead of guys like Dee when it comes to recognizing whether it's a run or a pass after the snap. What you call over-eagerness I think is just George beginning the snap as a pass rusher because that's the play-call, then recognizing that's it's a run, and adjusting on the fly. Basically, exactly what happened in the clip above. Actually, i think there's at least two fo them in that post with the multiple clips in t.

Does he need to work on is skills? Sure. But there's no question that he's a positive player on the DL right now, either making plays on his own or creating opportunities for other players, like that INT vs. SF a couple weeks ago. He didn't get there, but he created the pressure, along with Thornhill, and Jimmy had to try and throw that ball over and around Karlaftis, which forced the bad pass that Watson(?) intercepted.

Imo, Karlaftis is a solid run defender now. Maybe you have some specific examples to look at that show something different, but so far i haven't seen anything that says he's struggling vs. the run.
Nope, not really, but did you think he'd have zero sacks and what was it an 11% win rate outside of stunts? I remember how hyped we all were during preseason and if anyone says the numbers are where they were expecting I'd say they're lying.

I'd 100% agree he's been unlucky on a couple of occasions with other guys beating him to the sack. Also I dont know what his assignments are and what he's been asked to concentrate on, maybe he's doing exactly what's expected of him against the run.

I also completely get the argument he's getting there and it'll come, I'm still of that opinion. But I don't get what people have seen to this point and I dont buy that I'm the only person who expected a little more at this stage. I'm not arguing what he will become just what I'm seeing right now.

That all said, it sounds like I'm in a minority so I guess maybe I'm just missing stuff.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:59 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Nope, not really, but did you think he'd have zero sacks and what was it an 11% win rate outside of stunts? I remember how hyped we all were during preseason and if anyone says the numbers are where they were expecting I'd say they're lying.

I'd 100% agree he's been unlucky on a couple of occasions with other guys beating him to the sack. Also I dont know what his assignments are and what he's been asked to concentrate on, maybe he's doing exactly what's expected of him against the run.

I also completely get the argument he's getting there and it'll come, I'm still of that opinion. But I don't get what people have seen to this point and I dont buy that I'm the only person who expected a little more at this stage. I'm not arguing what he will become just what I'm seeing right now.

That all said, it sounds like I'm in a minority so I guess maybe I'm just missing stuff.

Are you under the impression an 11 percent pressure rate is BAD?
[Reply]
JPH83 09:19 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Are you under the impression an 11 percent pressure rate is BAD?
I read it as pass-rush win rate, not pressure. In which case, is it good?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:24 AM 11-10-2022
Damn, there's some miserable fuckers on this board.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 11-10-2022
I read it as pass-rush win rate, not pressure. In which case, is it good?
It's a good pressure rate and a sub-standard pass-rush win rate.

Remember that not all pass rush 'wins' result in pressures; the QB could break the pocket or the DL could get otherwise re-routed after 'winning' his rep.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:33 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Remember that not all pass rush 'wins' result in pressures; the QB could break the pocket or the DL could get otherwise re-routed after 'winning' his rep.
Also just bc a player has more sacks doesn’t mean he is pressuring the QB more.

Boye Mafe got an easy sack on a busted OL where they didn’t pick him up in time.

Seahawks rookie DE Boye Mafe's second sack of the year. pic.twitter.com/G4oXiqrDfh

— Third World Perspective (@thirdworldpod) November 2, 2022

He still has less pressures than Karlaftis.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:42 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Exactly.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:45 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Damn, there's some miserable ****ers on this board.
Depends if you believe thinking ONE draft pick has been a bit less impressive than expected and all the others are great is "miserable". There's also some people who just get weirdly angry at any question of their guy's performance.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:48 AM 11-10-2022
Depends if you believe thinking ONE draft pick has been a bit less impressive than expected and all the others are great is "miserable". There's also some people who just get weirdly angry at any question of their guy's performance.
I'm not talking about people that are underwhelmed. I'm talking about the people calling him a bust after 8 games. And it's not just Karlaftis, it's literally everybody we've draft over the last few years.

By reading this board, you'd think the Chiefs are awful at the draft.
[Reply]
scho63 09:53 AM 11-10-2022
Karlaftis will only improve. Stop with this silly shit.

Chenal needs more help. He has been average at best and missing lanes and tackles.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 185
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164 > Last »
Up