ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 79
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Bengals
TLO 06:31 PM 11-27-2022
A sneaky big game in the AFC, and probably our toughest game left before playoff time.

Talk about it here
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:12 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
boooooooooooooo substantive football posts that people may or may not agree with boooooooooooooo

You're literally a mod on a football board. Good lord, what has this place become.
It has nothing to do with the football post and everything to do with how you start with "everyone in here is a bunch of homers, so let me get real for you" while over compensating the "real talk" to make an opponent sound like the best team since the last time you said an opponent was amazing, and then when we don't thank you for your time and bow down to you, you continue down a path of reerunation, like we're just bumbling morons who have no clue the Bengals might be good at football.

And you'll take this post and turn it into some dense argument that wasn't ever an argument, because if you're completely honest with yourself, THAT'S the type of attention you love, people responding to your made up drivel to create drama (you're welcome), not the football talk you could copy and paste from every other novel you've ever written and just replace the team and players.

Tell us more how pressuring the QB and protecting your QB helps win games, oh Master of Football Analysis.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:16 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It has nothing to do with the football post and everything to do with how you start with "everyone in here is a bunch of homers, so let me get real for you" while over compensating the "real talk" to make an opponent sound like the best team since the last time you said an opponent was amazing, and then when we don't thank you for your time and bow down to you, you continue down a path of reerunation, like we're just bumbling morons who have no clue the Bengals might be good at football.

And you'll take this post and turn it into some dense argument that wasn'tever an argument, because if you're completely honest with yourself, THAT'S the type of attention you love, people responding to your made up drivel to create drama, not the football talk you could copy and paste from every other novel you've ever written and just replace the team and players.

Tell us more how pressuring the QB and protecting your QB helps win games, oh Master of Football Analysis.
Throw a fit about me if you care to; you moderate a board that exists literally to generate football discussion.

So...? What are you doing.
[Reply]
irafreak 12:19 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’d rather just commit another defender to helping stop a potential fake and hope the punt rolls into the endzone than have Moore back there again.
I think we should use the returners spot to come up and triple team a gunner. Just piss him off by forcing him to fight through 3 people!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:21 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

And you'll take this post and turn it into some dense argument that wasn't ever an argument, because if you're completely honest with yourself, THAT'S the type of attention you love, people responding to your made up drivel to create drama (you're welcome), not the football talk you could copy and paste from every other novel you've ever written and just replace the team and players.

[Reply]
FringeNC 12:22 PM 11-28-2022
This thread is pretty much a rah-rah thread, but here's some actual analysis.

This Bengals team is damn good. Way better than their record.
Thing is, they're not. Cinci: yards per play offense, 5.6. Yards per play allowed defense, 5.4

Your KC Chiefs: Yards per play offense, 6.5 (#1 in the league) Yards per play allowed defense, 5.3

KC is an elite team; Cinci has been pretty average and has had an easy schedule to boot.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:24 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’re gonna give us everything they’ve got. They’re tied for the division with the Ravens and a loss could put them out of the playoff picture.

They need this one badly

Hell, not only that but if they beat us theyd be one game behind us with the tie breaker in the AFC pecking order. Shit is getting really tight up top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:26 PM 11-28-2022
This offensive line is built for power, I don't understand why that's some spaced out thing to say. Meanwhile Mahomes and the offense looked completely stale and figured out at that point in the season. The Chiefs had the horses up front to just steamroll people if Reid had trusted the run game more.

Came back to bite us in the end, I'm sad to say.

Anyway. I don't think this thread is for re-litigating the past.
:-):-):-):-)

the chiefs are not and will never be a power running team
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:27 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Thing is, they're not. Cinci: yards per play offense, 5.6. Yards per play allowed defense, 5.4

Your KC Chiefs: Yards per play offense, 6.5 (#1 in the league) Yards per play allowed defense, 5.3

KC is an elite team; Cinci has been pretty average and has had an easy schedule to boot.
I do think our offense is a ton better than it was last season, and the plethora of weapons Mahomes has can probably solve most of that "rush 3 with a spy" system the Bengals employed in the AFCCG to make him malfunction. I don't think there's any doubt this offense is better.

I like what we've seen on defense, but I still think the Bengals have a lot of solutions to the problems our defense presents, in particular the secondary, which is very good but is a static scheme with rookies that good QBs can pick apart if the rush doesn't get home.

At the end of the day, FringeNC, I'm willing to bet you're anticipating this game will be a slugfest down to the wire. That's because you know both teams are very good.

If the Chiefs absolutely stomp the Bengals, which I think is unlikely but still possible, it will be absolutely epic. I'm just not sure that's what we should expect Sunday.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:27 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why did we suck so much ass in the redzone yesterday?
Ask Direkshun, he knows.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:29 PM 11-28-2022

Last KC win in CIN: Week 2 1984. Todd Blackledge won that game as the Chiefs went 2-0 on the road to start the 1984 season.

Fun Fact: Patrick Mahomes and Blackledge are the only 2 QBs in KC history to win their first 2 games on the road to start their second year in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/uU6tqOcmiT

— Shane Williams (@shaggyshanekc) November 28, 2022

[Reply]
mabbott 12:30 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:

Please do not use stats to support your "analysis"....

Clearly what is needed is more opinion not substantiated with anything other than your words.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:33 PM 11-28-2022
This offensive line is built for power, I don't understand why that's some spaced out thing to say. Meanwhile Mahomes and the offense looked completely stale and figured out at that point in the season. The Chiefs had the horses up front to just steamroll people if Reid had trusted the run game more.

Came back to bite us in the end, I'm sad to say.

Anyway. I don't think this thread is for re-litigating the past.

I think the point everyone is trying to make is…Andy Reid will never go to a power running game. Andy just doesn’t think that wins games with Patrick Mahomes as his QB. Sure it’s a great way to run out the clock but Andy doesn’t even do that. Do we all wish Andy would have stuck to running McKinnon more in the AFCCG? Hell yes! Not going to happen because Andy is never going to do that.
[Reply]
In58men 12:36 PM 11-28-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:40 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I think the point everyone is trying to make is…Andy Reid will never go to a power running game. Andy just doesn’t think that wins games with Patrick Mahomes as his QB. Sure it’s a great way to run out the clock but Andy doesn’t even do that. Do we all wish Andy would have stuck to running McKinnon more in the AFCCG? Hell yes! Not going to happen because Andy is never going to do that.
That's fair.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:42 PM 11-28-2022
Throw a fit about me if you care to; you moderate a board that exists literally to generate football discussion.

So...? What are you doing.
He's trying to help you become a better poster and less of a know-it-all. It's up to you if you want to see it or not.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 79
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up