Shelby Harris
Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
scho63 08:09 AM 10-07-2022
I hear Broncos fans are asking for a do-over!
[Reply]
notorious 08:16 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
An inexperienced guy that tries to be a pal to everybody and does not pay attention to details of running an efficient schedule to get everyone prepared is a good interview , but not a good HC.
I have a saying I tell my helper coaches and players in youth football.

"Meat and potatoes".

Keep it simple, but it's full of substance.

Helper coaches want to get exotic, install their own crazy ideas. It never works.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:19 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea there are a lot of people remembering Wilson from 5 years ago. Dude looks slightly above average now to me.

Then you have the diva attitude he has developed, good luck Denver.
I have to say I was wrong here, he isn't even average anymore :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:31 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wilson has been more similar to Ryan Tannehill than Aaron Rodgers the last 2 years.

He's not the same level of player. At all. He's not a genuine force multiplier.
RunKC saying he'd rather have Wilson than Rodgers was...off base.

The biggest feather in Denver's cap in that whole exchange was that they had so much flexibility in Russ's contract because the structure of it gave him a lower base salary and the signing bonuses hit Seattle's cap. They had an opportunity to use that flexibility to their advantage.

Instead they just set it all on fire and doubled down on a mediocre QB.

Just fucked this thing up coming and going. And if my memory on the extension is correct, it came during camp - right? They'd seen him play. They had to realize something was amiss.

Just remarkably awful.
[Reply]
notorious 08:38 AM 10-07-2022
Cap Hits to 2026

Wilson 188.2 million
Mahomes 215 million

Dead Cap money at 2025

Wilson 50 million
Mahomes 4 million

This just keeps getting better and better!
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:47 AM 10-07-2022
Russell's contract details are so horrifying.

Denver is like Pontius Pilate, doomed to walk the earth for eternity.
[Reply]
notorious 08:48 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Russell's contract details are so horrifying.

Denver is like Pontius Pilate, doomed to walk the earth for eternity.
The cherry on top will be when Seattle drafts a franchise QB with one of Denver's picks.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:00 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
RunKC saying he'd rather have Wilson than Rodgers was...off base.

The biggest feather in Denver's cap in that whole exchange was that they had so much flexibility in Russ's contract because the structure of it gave him a lower base salary and the signing bonuses hit Seattle's cap. They had an opportunity to use that flexibility to their advantage.

Instead they just set it all on fire and doubled down on a mediocre QB.

Just ****ed this thing up coming and going. And if my memory on the extension is correct, it came during camp - right? They'd seen him play. They had to realize something was amiss.

Just remarkably awful.
Mostly due to age, but it’s fair to say Rodgers has looked way worse than his usual self due to a huge downgrade at WR.

But Rodgers has a very good OL, very good talent at RB and a capable coach. Russ has..a good 2nd running back?

I don’t think Rodgers looks much better in Denver right now. It’s just a complete tire fire there
[Reply]
staylor26 09:02 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mostly due to age, but it’s fair to say Rodgers has looked way worse than his usual self due to a huge downgrade at WR.

But Rodgers has a very good OL, very good talent at RB and a capable coach. Russ has..a good 2nd running back?

I don’t think Rodgers looks much better in Denver right now. It’s just a complete tire fire there
Doubling down? :-)

Dude, Rodgers, even this season, is in another stratosphere.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:04 AM 10-07-2022
I've supported Wilson as much as the next guy, but Rodgers has an argument for top 5 all-time. I think most would agree he's top 10 at worst.

Wilson is more like top 25-50.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:09 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Another thing people are skipping over is that Russell Wilson isn't a great fit in the McVay/Lafleur offense that Hackett will run.

People were wondering why it seemed like he held on to the ball last year. Well, Wilson's arm is below average for attacking middle of the field throws. He is an incredible deep ball thrower but he doesn't have the zip others do.

Hackett offense is all about attacking middle of the field. Rodgers looks great in it. Wilson won't look like Rodgers in this scheme.
So far so good.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:15 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've supported Wilson as much as the next guy, but Rodgers has an argument for top 5 all-time. I think most would agree he's top 10 at worst.

Wilson is more like top 25-50.
Here’s a solid list, though I think Manning, Rodgers & Favre should not be ahead of Montana:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_QB.htm
[Reply]
Hoover 09:19 AM 10-07-2022
I thought it was criminal to make a trade like that while the team was up for sale.

Frankly, I think the move was done to make more money due to this myth that Wilson was one of the top 5 QBs in the league.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:21 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I mean....huh?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:28 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Doubling down? :-)

Dude, Rodgers, even this season, is in another stratosphere.
Yes but Rodgers doesn’t look great either. In fact he’s looked terrible compared to his normal self.

He’s on pace to throw for less than 4,000 yards and throw the most interceptions that he’s had since his first year starting this in 2008.

That’s why it was so funny hearing Knowmo sell Denver as this Uber talented team. They suck. And their OL is pretty damn terrible even with Bolles
[Reply]
Page 53 of 66
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up