ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in prison for federal racketeering and sex trafficking
TLO 01:51 PM 06-29-2022
AND SO I PULL OUT MY GUN...!

New York
CNN

Disgraced R&B singer R. Kelly was sentenced to 30 years in prison Wednesday, according to the US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York, following his conviction last year on federal racketeering and sex trafficking charges stemming from his efforts over years to use his fame to ensnare victims he sexually abused.

Prosecutors had asked the judge to sentence Kelly, 55, to more than 25 years behind bars, while his defense attorneys asked for 10 or fewer, saying prosecutors’ request was “tantamount to a life sentence.”

Federal prosecutors recommend R. Kelly be sentenced to more than 25 years in prison
Survivors of Kelly’s abuse held hands and prayed as US District Court Judge Ann Donnelly began reading his sentence. Kelly – who wore a tan prison uniform, dark-rimmed glasses and a black mask at the hearing in federal court in Brooklyn – showed no emotion.

“You left in your wake a trail of broken lives,” Donnelly told Kelly, whose full name is Robert Sylvester Kelly.

In deciding the sentence, Donnelly said she considered Kelly’s own traumatic childhood, during which his attorneys said he was repeatedly sexually abused by a family member and a landlord.

“It may explain, at least in part, what led to your behavior,” the judge said. “It most surely is not an excuse.”

A jury convicted Kelly last September on nine counts, including one charge of racketeering and eight counts of violations of the Mann Act, a sex trafficking law. Prosecutors from the Eastern District of New York accused Kelly of using his status as a celebrity and a “network of people at his disposal to target girls, boys and young women for his own sexual gratification.”

The five-week federal trial in Brooklyn included testimony from witnesses who said they were sexually and physically abused by Kelly. The court also heard from people involved with orchestrating the disgraced R&B singer’s 1994 marriage to the late singer Aaliyah when she was just 15 years old and he was an adult after she believed she’d gotten pregnant.

Kelly’s attorney, Jennifer Bonjean, said he would not address the court, pointing to the other criminal case faced by Kelly, but said before the sentence was read that her client “rejects that he is this monster.”
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:10 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
He’ll probably get a reduced sentence but I have serious doubts that he’ll live longer than a year in prison. He’s a child molester.
He'll never be anywhere but solitary.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:18 PM 06-29-2022
I wonder if he’s still gonna see nothing wrong with a little bump and grind in prison.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:21 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Doesn't mean he'll be safe.

[Reply]
Brody Wa 04:23 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Good point. He still might hang himself unless he has no conscience. On the bright side of things, he’ll be broke when he gets out. According to wiki he is 1.2 million dollars in debt.
[Reply]
kstater 04:25 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
How long has this dragged out? It seems like this is news that broke a decade ago or more.
He beat the first allegations $omehow.

But was dumb enough to keep doing shit

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Stryker 05:37 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
How long has this dragged out? It seems like this is news that broke a decade ago or more.

Well NOW, it will come true! They are going to piss on YOU! Drip, drip, drip! :-):-)
[Reply]
notorious 05:39 PM 06-29-2022
Most dudes die of old age while in prison.

This dude almost died of old age waiting to go to prison.
[Reply]
Sofa King 06:19 PM 06-29-2022
He’s high profile, they won’t put him in gen pop. If he dies it’ll have to be suicide. They’ll put him in a minimum prison likely with other molesters and bottom tier crimes.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:45 PM 06-29-2022
I’ve hated R Kelly since I used his song in my SB song against the Bucs and we lost.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:03 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
He’ll probably get a reduced sentence but I have serious doubts that he’ll live longer than a year in prison. He’s a child molesterMinor attracted person.
FYP
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up