ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 46
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson to Browns
KC Hawks 01:47 PM 03-18-2022

Deshaun Watson has decided he wants to play for the Cleveland Browns in a stunning change of events, per sources. Watson has informed the Houston Texans that he now is willing to waive the no-trade clause in his contract to be dealt to Cleveland.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:00 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I swear to Christ 50 years of “because Chiefs” has reerunned some of you permanently.

If the Chiefs didn’t have a QB like they did before Patrick Mahomes I would absolutely give that up to get a talented proven young QB.

You have zero chance without a QB
Yea but we are talking about Deshaun Watson.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:02 PM 03-18-2022
With that much coin, he'll be able to afford rub n tugs from girls that keep their mouth shut.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:03 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
With that much coin, he'll be able to afford rub n tugs from girls that keep their mouth shut.
With that contract (guaranteed) he can afford it if they don't...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:04 PM 03-18-2022
Watch the Bucs trade for Baker ... cheap and then they have their insurance if Brady gets hurt or retires.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:04 PM 03-18-2022
Man this has lol Cleveland bust written all over it. Watson hasn't played in a year. He was good but barely worth that much (minus trading 3 1sts to get it).

I feel like we never quite got to the point where the league figured Watson out to some degree, then see how he adjusts, which seems to happen to every QB phenom. Some overcome it, some don't.

Who knows what this whole scandal has done to his confidence. Maybe he doesn't come back the same player.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:04 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
With that contract (guaranteed) he can afford it if they don't...
I bet he falls in love and like an idiot gets married with no prenup
[Reply]
stevieray 03:06 PM 03-18-2022
NFL feels like a grift.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:06 PM 03-18-2022
Let me be 100% honest, as much as I love PM , I would not give this much $$$ and picks for him, I would not give DW the money much less the picks with his baggage . Whatever happened to prove it deals in the NFL?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:11 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Let me be 100% honest, as much as I love PM , I would not give this much $$$ and picks for him, I would not give DW the money much less the picks with his baggage . Whatever happened to prove it deals in the NFL?
Have we seen one of those in the last 20 years?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:13 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Have we seen one of those in the last 20 years?
well ya know they said he wouldn't be charged as a criminal but the door is wide open with civil charges which basically means you got money and you did it in my book and they want your money more than you going to jail
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:15 PM 03-18-2022
I wouldn't trade Mahomes for 3 1st round picks but he is much more proven a player than Watson.

I wouldn't give 3 1st round picks for him. 2 probably but not with that contract to go along with it.

One of the reasons trading up and giving up 2 1st round picks for a player like Mahomes is if you hit you have a very nice contract for the first 4 or so years unlike how Cleveland is doing this with 3 1st round picks and the massive deal all at once.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:17 PM 03-18-2022
If Rapelithsberger got a 4 game suspension, have to think Watson is going to get at least a 6 game suspension.

Cleveland could be like 2-4 before Watson is even available to play next season.

Of course they are playing the long term game with this move and not just next season.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:17 PM 03-18-2022
:-)

Important contract note for Deshaun Watson, who got a 5-year, $230M contract. His base salary for 2022 is $1M, which means if he’s suspended, it’ll come out of that base.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:19 PM 03-18-2022
Yes you would.

Just think of some of the recent epic first round draft pick disasters by the Raiders… you wouldn’t trade that for a generational QB like Mahomes?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:20 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I wouldn't trade Mahomes for 3 1st round picks but he is much more proven a player than Watson.

I wouldn't give 3 1st round picks for him. 2 probably but not with that contract to go along with it.

One of the reasons trading up and giving up 2 1st round picks for a player like Mahomes is if you hit you have a very nice contract for the first 4 or so years unlike how Cleveland is doing this with 3 1st round picks and the massive deal all at once.
Oh yea, Now of course PM is worth 3+ first round picks + the $$ but PM is not an idiot and does not appear to put himself in situations that could ruin his career. DW is not PM talent wise or ethics wise.. The only thing that worries me with those massive contracts is all the guaranteed money. God forbid but DW can go out on the field and have a Teddy Bridgewater injury and never play another down in football and still get 46 million per year.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 46
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up