ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 46
« First < 354142434445 46 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson to Browns
KC Hawks 01:47 PM 03-18-2022

Deshaun Watson has decided he wants to play for the Cleveland Browns in a stunning change of events, per sources. Watson has informed the Houston Texans that he now is willing to waive the no-trade clause in his contract to be dealt to Cleveland.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:57 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Those tweets reaffirm that there's some information out there in the world that I don't want to know.

Regarding the hotel asking about women, I've always wondered about how hotels think about visitors to a room. If a low-rent woman comes in and goes to a room, do they care as long as there's no fuss? If a normal looking woman comes in, are they suspicious? She might be there for a job interview or she's a friend or something. You can't assume that a non-guest woman going into a hotel room is there for reasons of ill repute.

And then you get into the whole trafficking discussion. If a woman comes in who looks really prostitute-y (however you define that), is the hotel supposed to call it in as suspected human trafficking? I've always had a hunch that trafficking is far overestimated, and that in reality a huge majority of prostitute-y looking women are merely entrepreneurs who have discovered a relatively easy way to make money.

And what is prostitute-y looking? We're not supposed to judge a woman on what she wears, so maybe a woman in hot pants and fishnets just likes the look.

The whole thing is confusing to me.
I imagine the nfls slow response was knowing they’d be opening up Pandora’s box. Not just for them. But for all leagues. A lot of airing out of dirty laundry.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:22 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I wanted to give Watson the benefit of the doubt but all of this is messed up and he deserves it.

Now can we talk about Daniel snyder? What a diseased league when owners are not only not held to the same standards, they’re not held to any standard at all.
I'm with you on this.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:26 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
In what way is asking someone to sign an NDA illegal or even wrong? I would guess that a lot of people who deal professionally with athletes and celebrities are asked to do this.
In criminal law, I can't see you would get anywhere.

But for civil suits, the standard for getting a jury to award damages is lower.

It appears to me that the Texans knew Watson was engaged in egregious behavior and was covering for him to the point where I could see a jury awarding damages.

For civil suits, you don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

And of course, the Texans may prefer a settlement to a long drawn out trial.
[Reply]
Flying High D 11:13 AM 06-29-2022
I knew it was a bad idea giving both those city’s teams.
[Reply]
jettio 12:24 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
In criminal law, I can't see you would get anywhere.

But for civil suits, the standard for getting a jury to award damages is lower.

It appears to me that the Texans knew Watson was engaged in egregious behavior and was covering for him to the point where I could see a jury awarding damages.

For civil suits, you don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

And of course, the Texans may prefer a settlement to a long drawn out trial.
The quantum of proof can be preponderance of the evidence in a civil case which is not as hard to reach as beyond a reasonable doubt, but you have to have a cause of action based on a recognized legal theory.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:20 PM 06-29-2022
Worst trade in NFL history?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 07:24 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Worst trade in NFL history?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are the browns. Who is the best QB they've had in the last 20 years?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:13 PM 06-29-2022
Sloths fart more often than the Browns have a full season above average QB
[Reply]
ArrowHeader 08:42 PM 06-29-2022
If Watson is suspended the 2022 season it actually helps save the Browns $45MM in 2023 salary cap, since his contract just shifts a year. They were gonna be way over the cap. Now they’ll be able to re-sign some guys and makes the opt-outs like Chubb and Myles Garret easier to rework. It’s like a fucked up blessing in disguise.
[Reply]
wazu 08:58 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by ArrowHeader:
If Watson is suspended the 2022 season it actually helps save the Browns $45MM in 2023 salary cap, since his contract just shifts a year. They were gonna be way over the cap. Now they’ll be able to re-sign some guys and makes the opt-outs like Chubb and Myles Garret easier to rework. It’s like a fucked up blessing in disguise.
Except for a shit-ton of picks they gave up, plus the possibility of the suspension increasing as more comes to light. Plus tying their franchise to a serial creep who will be reviled by NFL fans. And that contract isn't going away, they made sure of that.
[Reply]
jettio 10:51 AM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by ArrowHeader:
If Watson is suspended the 2022 season it actually helps save the Browns $45MM in 2023 salary cap, since his contract just shifts a year. They were gonna be way over the cap. Now they’ll be able to re-sign some guys and makes the opt-outs like Chubb and Myles Garret easier to rework. It’s like a ****ed up blessing in disguise.
Link?

I believe Watson was paid his signing bonus when he signed. He would be paid $1 million for this season if not suspended. He will be paid pro rata of $1million for each game he plays this year.

He gets paid his full 2023 salary per game for each game he is not suspended in 2023.

The idea that contracts "shift a year" if a player is suspended by league seems wacky, do you have a good source for your explanation?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:13 AM 06-30-2022
A year suspension makes 2022 a waste of time for them and their fan's. Baker should tell them to shove it up their ass but he's a pussy. He will choose not to lose money but he may just show up and do nothing. Thats his best chance to **** them over.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:18 AM 06-30-2022
If I'm the NFL I'm only wanting to suspend Watson for 8-10 games. I think they will want to punish the Browns too, otherwise this could become a trend.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:40 AM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Baker should tell them to shove it up their ass but he's a pussy. He will choose not to lose money but he may just show up and do nothing. Thats his best chance to **** them over.
His salary is $18m next year. He'd be dumb not to make that money if called upon.

Plus, imagine if he stepped in and kept the Brown in playoff contention. He'd be a fucking hero while earning himself a much larger contract.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:57 AM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
His salary is $18m next year. He'd be dumb not to make that money if called upon.

Plus, imagine if he stepped in and kept the Brown in playoff contention. He'd be a ****ing hero while earning himself a much larger contract.
Maybe or he plays like shit and gets cut anyway. They can't get rid of Watson so either way he's out. Show up and do shit and still get paid his 18. The team doesn't want him and players don't either. None of them have come to his defense at all.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 46
« First < 354142434445 46 >
Up