ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 185 of 469
« First < 85135175181182183184185 186187188189195235285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:08 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
As if the organization hasn't turned into a big enough clown show.
Why would that old idiot wear that shirt to a Royals game?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:10 AM 06-30-2022

“The disappointing part about this year is that I think we thought we were further along & clearly we’re not.” #Royals owner John Sherman

“We got to look hard in the mirror & think about how we get better. That’s not just me. J.J. & Dayton, we’re talking about that every day."

— Josh Vernier (@JoshVernier610) June 30, 2022

Royals owner John Sherman “I’m supportive, but I’m also pushing for the right changes. Dayton and J.J. are guys with great baseball histories, and I expect them to be the architects of change and getting us on the right track.” #Royals

— Josh Vernier (@JoshVernier610) June 30, 2022

[Reply]
PHOG 06:25 AM 06-30-2022
Yeah, for the last 5+ years, they have been working to get us on the right track. :-)
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:23 AM 06-30-2022
Meet the new boss same as the old boss
[Reply]
Great Expectations 07:33 AM 06-30-2022
That is disheartening. I was hoping for more out of our new owner.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:58 AM 06-30-2022
Like he is going to say they suck ass publicly.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 08:26 AM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
That is disheartening. I was hoping for more out of our new owner.
Mahomes has shares in the Royals. He is gonna have to say something.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:28 AM 06-30-2022
Sherman’s comment are a step backwards.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:30 AM 06-30-2022
To me, that sounds like both Dayton and J.J.'s jobs are safe. But it sounds like Matheny and his coaching staff, particularly Eldred, are officially on the hot seat now (if they already weren't).

Sounds to me like he's saying he expects J.J. and Dayton to make the changes that need to be made, and if they won't then he may step in.

So discouraging that DM isn't going anywhere, but I'm cautiously optimistic that at least Matheny and Eldred will be sent packing sometime soon . . . . . .
[Reply]
BWillie 08:39 AM 06-30-2022
Tyler Gentry, ladies and gentlemen.

https://www.milb.com/player/tyler-gentry-694355

.978 ops

3rd rd pick

Our next hope
[Reply]
nychief 08:52 AM 06-30-2022
He's 23... get his ass in the outfield.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:30 AM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
To me, that sounds like both Dayton and J.J.'s jobs are safe. But it sounds like Matheny and his coaching staff, particularly Eldred, are officially on the hot seat now (if they already weren't).

Sounds to me like he's saying he expects J.J. and Dayton to make the changes that need to be made, and if they won't then he may step in.

So discouraging that DM isn't going anywhere, but I'm cautiously optimistic that at least Matheny and Eldred will be sent packing sometime soon . . . . . .
Yeah Matheny and staff is gone at the end of the year. Like I said before I expect a run at Terry Francona who is at the end of his contract.

And to be fair Picollo is pretty well thought of in baseball circles. He had interviews for the GM jobs with Angels, Twins, Mets, Phillies, etc.

Dayton probably needs to be bumped up to the Board of Directors position and coast into retirement.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:49 AM 06-30-2022
Gentry's development has been a real positive. He made some really nice strides in his offseason work with the Royals' hitting staff.

The recent success of the hitting prospects is one reason I think the front office can survive in some fashion.

If that means that Piccollo basically stays in his slot, Moore is transitioned into a PBO role that has no on-field or draft/development decision-making powers (basically making him the business guy and someone who can focus his energies on the community aspects of the new ballpark development), that MIGHT be workable. If Piccollo's dotted line runs to Sherman and not Dayton.

Bare minimum, though, Eldred, Matheny and everyone on the MLB staff not named Alec Zumwalt needs to go (except maybe Mitch Maier, though I think he has been re-assigned as a roving instructor). They need a new leader running pitching development and new blood in the system there. Basically, an Alec Zumwalt.

Find the guy or gal in charge of that for the Indians and make them an offer they can't refuse to come do for KC what they have been doing for Cleveland. Cleveland won't match it, because the ownership is cheap.
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:12 AM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Gentry's development has been a real positive. He made some really nice strides in his offseason work with the Royals' hitting staff.

The recent success of the hitting prospects is one reason I think the front office can survive in some fashion.

If that means that Piccollo basically stays in his slot, Moore is transitioned into a PBO role that has no on-field or draft/development decision-making powers (basically making him the business guy and someone who can focus his energies on the community aspects of the new ballpark development), that MIGHT be workable. If Piccollo's dotted line runs to Sherman and not Dayton.

Bare minimum, though, Eldred, Matheny and everyone on the MLB staff not named Alec Zumwalt needs to go (except maybe Mitch Maier, though I think he has been re-assigned as a roving instructor). They need a new leader running pitching development and new blood in the system there. Basically, an Alec Zumwalt.

Find the guy or gal in charge of that for the Indians and make them an offer they can't refuse to come do for KC what they have been doing for Cleveland. Cleveland won't match it, because the ownership is cheap.
Any chance the Royals make an offer to you, that you can't refuse?

You always make me feel like there is hope that Sherman will clean house, even when it's hard to see.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:21 AM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Any chance the Royals make an offer to you, that you can't refuse?

You always make me feel like there is hope that Sherman will clean house, even when it's hard to see.
I'm sure there's at least one path in the multiverse where I become the Royals' GM.

But in this one, I turned down the opportunity to go to scout school and pursue a career in baseball. At this point, I don't have the decades of honing my expertise that I'd need to be effective.
[Reply]
Page 185 of 469
« First < 85135175181182183184185 186187188189195235285 > Last »
Up