ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stupid Tourist Tricks
Bwana 07:51 AM 05-15-2016

It's off to a fast start already this year! A list of incidents involving people trying to obtain the coveted Darwin Award. I will keep you up to date of all the stupid tourist tricks.

This yesterday: We thought it was cold! (this is a first) :-)
http://www.ktvq.com/story/31975424/y...ed-it-was-cold

How this lady lived and was not gored is beyond me: Buy a Powerball ticket lady:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfk1O9_quxs

This from last week: Amazing no one got taken out:
http://www.krtv.com/story/31915893/v...nal-park-video

Much of the time, this is what happens: Fat guy vs Bison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNvTHOrTf_Y

At this rate, it should be a record year for goring incidents, Chinese tourists seem particularly clueless. So far no goring's, but it's coming.

If you have any from your area, post them up.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 03:19 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I wonder if that would keep the bears away.
Nope. It's not a big enough dose and the theory is that a bear might get curious what the smell is and investigate where it's coming from. A ranger told us that after my buddy sprayed his tent in bear country.
[Reply]
tmax63 03:59 PM 05-15-2016
I wonder if that would keep the bears away.

Nahhh, it's more like sauce on a hot wing to humans.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:05 PM 05-15-2016
Love videos like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaFace 12:56 PM 05-16-2016
Well now this just plain sucks.

Originally Posted by :
Park rangers euthanize bison calf transported by Yellowstone visitors
After the herd rejected the calf, the National Park Service put it down and warned against interacting with animals
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...by-yellowstone
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:05 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well now this just plain sucks.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...by-yellowstone
It is possible it was already rejected and that is why they found it alone. Not that I am a huge PETA fan but I would think if they wanted to they could have kept the thing alive and raised it. Or at the least I would think someone would have taken it to hand raise it.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:12 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Anyway. There were a bunch of Chinese tourists and they totally melted down about the buffalo. They were little specs on the horizon and they were freaking out. Making the dude back up and shit. I'd never seen anything like it.
We went on a trip several years ago where we went to some of the NPs in Utah (Bryce, Zion) and then the Grand Canyon. When you are in Zion NP, you have to take a bus down the valley, with stops along the way where you get out to see the sights and then just catch the next bus when you are ready to go on.

Anyway, we are on the bus which is overcrowded with mainly Asian tourists. The bus stops suddenly because there is a deer along the roadway. I thought the bus was going to tip over the way they all rushed over to that side of the bus to see the deer. We sat there for quite awhile while they snapped pictures and cooed over this scraggly mule deer. :-)

Then, when we were leaving the Grand Canyon NP, traffic suddenly comes to a halt because there are some elk along the roadway and this guy just stops his car in the middle of the road to see them. He then jumps out of the car with what I assume is his 7-8 year old daughter so they can try to pet this full sized elk. :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:21 PM 05-16-2016
Some people don't understand that animals don't need us to rescue them. They did fine without us getting in the way, and will continue to if we leave them alone.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:24 PM 05-16-2016
I refuse to say anything bad about tourists since the majority of my income comes from them. I will keep my mouth shut but the stories are great.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:24 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Some people don't understand that animals don't need us to rescue them. They did fine without us getting in the way, and will continue to if we leave them alone.
But

[Reply]
Valiant 02:11 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Bwana:
It didn't say, but the Chinese tourists have been on a roll so far. I'll keep you posted as more information comes out. :-) My guess is that thing pissed all over the inside of the rental, I would guess there will be a bit of a penalty fee upon returning the rig. "Sir, we are going to have to charge you $1500.00 for the Bison wizz in the back of the minivan!"
I was reading a news article that I think it is Greece will be importing Chinese police to help control Chinese tourists since they love doing dumb shit and damaging priceless landmarks.

Chinese people are doing their best to keep the worst national tourist mantle.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:23 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
GOTTA be the Chinese.

One of the excursions on our cruise for our honeymoon was a bus tour of Catalina island. It wasn't bad. Got to see the sights, some interesting shit. A little perplexing because the island is all about returning it to original ecology after the pigs and goat infestation and the bald eagle ddt thing but they're TOTALLY cool with buffalo even though they aren't indigenous.

Anyway. There were a bunch of Chinese tourists and they totally melted down about the buffalo. They were little specs on the horizon and they were freaking out. Making the dude back up and shit. I'd never seen anything like it.

So then the next year we went to Rushmore and down through the preserves there. And there were Chinese tourists blocking mother****ing traffic to take pictures of ... You guessed it. ****ing buffalo. Wife and I were epic pissed.

So now it's a running joke between us that any time there is stupid shit happening we tell each other there must be buffalo around LOL.

Hell of it is there is a feedlot here that, at least at the time had 15,000 or so buffalo being fed out. Plus there is a herd on grass of a hundred or so. There is no way I could give less of a shit about buffalo. Unless of course I get to see one light one of these ****ers up.
I get it, they do not have any bison there. When I was doing my thesis in college I came across some old photos of some herds in the plains. There were millions of bison in the photo. Millions it was insane. They were like squirrels. I think they said 30-40million bison at one time was the largest of the population.

Missouri has a decent population.
[Reply]
Otter 02:28 PM 05-16-2016
I ran across this story yesterday while eating lunch and swear the Christ the first thing that came across my mind was the Yellowstone Park stories you were telling me. And now this thread.

Custer State Park visitor hurt by buffalo

CUSTER STATE PARK – Custer State Park officials say a visitor was hospitalized Thursday after suffering injuries while getting too close to a buffalo.

Officials say the visitor was injured along Wildlife Loop Road and was flown to a Rapid City hospital.

Park Superintendent Matt Snyder says buffalo are wild animals, and visitors are urged to keep a safe distance.

Officials didn’t release the person’s name or the extent of the injuries. Park rangers are continuing to look into the incident.

Custer County South Dakota Emergency Management said on its
Facebook page: "DO NOT TRY TO PET THE BUFFALO! A 50 year old woman from Missouri did not heed the warning signs from a 5 year old bull buffalo today in Custer State Park and was gored. She was lifeflighted to Rapid City Regional hospital."
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:43 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Otter:
I ran across this story yesterday while eating lunch and swear the Christ the first thing that came across my mind was the Yellowstone Park stories you were telling me. And now this thread.

Custer State Park visitor hurt by buffalo

CUSTER STATE PARK – Custer State Park officials say a visitor was hospitalized Thursday after suffering injuries while getting too close to a buffalo.

Officials say the visitor was injured along Wildlife Loop Road and was flown to a Rapid City hospital.

Park Superintendent Matt Snyder says buffalo are wild animals, and visitors are urged to keep a safe distance.

Officials didn’t release the person’s name or the extent of the injuries. Park rangers are continuing to look into the incident.

Custer County South Dakota Emergency Management said on its
Facebook page: "DO NOT TRY TO PET THE BUFFALO! A 50 year old woman from Missouri did not heed the warning signs from a 5 year old bull buffalo today in Custer State Park and was gored. She was lifeflighted to Rapid City Regional hospital."
So we now know that the problem is Chinese and Missourians.
[Reply]
pr_capone 05-16-2016, 02:47 PM
This message has been deleted by pr_capone.
Otter 02:56 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
So we now know that the problem is Chinese and Missourians.
It is the the "show me state". I wonder what the Chinese's problem is?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:05 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
It is possible it was already rejected and that is why they found it alone. Not that I am a huge PETA fan but I would think if they wanted to they could have kept the thing alive and raised it. Or at the least I would think someone would have taken it to hand raise it.
That's my thought.

A place I worked at in the summers always had buffalo on their property and those things are just 100 different kinds of stupid but they're also protective as hell. They had to go grab a sick calf once and mamma buffalo fucked their truck right up as they sprinted back to the truck, put the calf in the bed and got put enough distance between themselves and her to get through the gate and out. If a couple of tourists were close enough to pick that thing up and put it in their SUV, it almost had to have been rejected already.

We had some pretty scary shit go down with those buffalo. One of them flipped a truck over just trying to scratch itself on the fender; hooked a shoulder and tipped the thing over like it was a matchbox car. We had another one jump down into a watering trough with us (the trough was on the downside of a fairly steep hill). I suspect it had no idea we were down there and we definitely didn't realize it had come near us. It hopped down and had us cornered. I gave it a baseball swing with a broom and it startled just enough for us to scramble around it, down the trough and out. Look in the eyes on those things and there's really nothing there. They can hurt people on accident because they're just really really big and really really dumb.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up