ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 19
« First < 91516171819
Nzoner's Game Room>Stupid Tourist Tricks
Bwana 07:51 AM 05-15-2016

It's off to a fast start already this year! A list of incidents involving people trying to obtain the coveted Darwin Award. I will keep you up to date of all the stupid tourist tricks.

This yesterday: We thought it was cold! (this is a first) :-)
http://www.ktvq.com/story/31975424/y...ed-it-was-cold

How this lady lived and was not gored is beyond me: Buy a Powerball ticket lady:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfk1O9_quxs

This from last week: Amazing no one got taken out:
http://www.krtv.com/story/31915893/v...nal-park-video

Much of the time, this is what happens: Fat guy vs Bison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNvTHOrTf_Y

At this rate, it should be a record year for goring incidents, Chinese tourists seem particularly clueless. So far no goring's, but it's coming.

If you have any from your area, post them up.
[Reply]
TLO 04:20 PM 03-18-2023
WTF
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:17 PM 04-07-2023
NSFW Language in the video

[Reply]
Lzen 04:40 PM 04-07-2023
Drunken idiots
[Reply]
scho63 05:14 PM 04-07-2023
Darwin Award Winners
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:20 PM 04-07-2023
FAAFO
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:51 PM 04-07-2023
Did it kill them? Did it? Did it?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Bwana 08:43 AM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
NSFW Language in the video

This happened up at Big Sky, Montana not long ago. You can tell that's a young moose. They are lucky it wasn't a mother moose with a calf. If that were the case, there's a good chance that the guy would have been meeting his maker. On a side note, the Karen lecturing the drunks, was about as irritating as the incident itself. I'm more leery of moose, than I am of bears, because of their unpredictability.

One thing about moose, they will give you signals you are about to be in a world of crap. Their ears go back, the hair will stand up on their back around their hump and a lot of the times, they will lick their lips. I've seen it a couple of times. Once was when a guy and his wife started approaching a moose and her calf up at Cooke City, 3 miles from Yellowstone, when we were out wheeling. Biff and Muffy were walking up to them, to get a picture. I told them, once, if you get any closer, that thing is going to come after you, and likely kill you. It's ears were already laid back. They backed off.

The other time, I was out elk hunting with a buddy by West Yellowstone. We came out of a thick set of trees and 25 years away, there was a mother moose and a calf. It pinned back it's ears and it's hair on it's back was raised up. I told my buddy, back up slowly, but be ready. Thankfully, when we backed up, it didn't see us as a threat. To put it mildly, that was an adrenaline rush.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:42 AM 04-08-2023
I thought everyone knew not to mess with Moose? No way would I fuck with one of those things.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:28 AM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I thought everyone knew not to mess with Moose? No way would I fuck with one of those things.
Iirc, moose kill more people than bears do worldwide. And I don't think it's that close.
[Reply]
scho63 12:11 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Iirc, moose kill more people than bears do worldwide. And I don't think it's that close.
It's just like all the people hippos kill in Africa is far greater than lions, gators, elephants, leopards.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:24 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
It's just like all the people hippos kill in Africa is far greater than lions, gators, elephants, leopards.
Pretty much. both are described as 'unpredictable,' which for these animals usually means they have hair-triggers and become inordinately aggressive, instead of running away, for almost no reason at times.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:30 AM 09-29-2023
A famous centuries-old in Northumberland National Park in the United Kingdom was cut down overnight, and police have captured the 16-year-old culprit.

Located at the Sycamore Gap near Hadrian’s Wall, the tree was featured in the 1991 movie, "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves."

The iconic Hadrian’s Wall dates back to the Roman Empire, and construction of the wall began in 122 A.D. on the orders of Emperor Hadrian, who was visiting Britain at that time.

The tree does not date back as far, but it is estimated to be between 200 and 300 years old, according to reports.

On Thursday morning, images showed the large tree on its side, separated from its heart-shaped stump.

Officials at the Northumberland National Park issued a statement on the fallen tree after it was discovered.

"Northumberland National Park Authority can confirm that sadly, the famous tree at Sycamore Gap has come down overnight. We have reason to believe it has been deliberately felled," the statement read. "We are working with the relevant agencies and partners with an interest in this iconic North East landmark and will issue more details once they are known."

The Northumbria Police Department investigated the matter, condemning the vandalism and vowing to bring anyone responsible to justice.

"The tree is a world-renowned landmark, and the vandalism has caused shock and anger throughout the local community and beyond," the department said.

Police said it appeared to be a deliberate act of violence.

Northumbria Police and Crime Commissioner Kim McGuinness said she was devastated that the famous tree was gone.

"That tree was ours," she said. "It was an iconic North East landmark standing tall in our beautiful Northumberland. I am incandescent that this looks like a deliberate act of vandalism. I’ll be raising this personally today. I know Northumbria Police are at the scene and officers will do their utmost to catch whoever is behind this. Terrible news."

By afternoon, police had arrested a 16-year-old boy in connection with the incident.
[Reply]
Holladay 03:14 PM 09-29-2023
I saw that yesterday and it turned my stomach. That kid needs to be in prison or forced into a lumber jack gang and only able to fell trees with a hatchet.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 19
« First < 91516171819
Up