View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 296 of 343
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300306 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:35 PM 12-22-2022
I prefer a new LT.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:41 AM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I wonder if this scenario is realistic though. I guess if KC worked out something ahead of time it’s possible. Outside of that I don’t see him signing the tag a second time and since the market is very small for a LT like him there won’t be many bidders. A team could call KCs bluff if they tried that. If I am Tennessee I would not give up any picks for him as it will be clear to me that he doesn’t fit into KCs plans beyond 2023 if they tag him a second time vs a long term contract. Also not sure KC wants to commit that kind of money for one year for a guy they don’t want. KC’s best option might be to just let him walk.
That's possible as well.

Tag and trade requires one team to really want him, even better if there are two.

Any running play/action type team would be a good fit. I always think Tenn first, just because it's obvious.

I don't think we'll get anything if we let him walk, as we have several holes to fill and I think that would come down to compensatory formula.

I'm not super clear on the franchise player rules regarding compensation.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:28 AM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Lets look at PFF ratings for the LT position of starters per espn depth chart

Trent Williams 95
Christian Darrisaw 89
Tristan Wirfs 87
Andrew Thomas 87
Davis Bakhtiari 82
Kolton Miller 82
Laremy Tunsil 81
Terron Armstead 79
Charles Leno Jr 76
Ronnie Stanley 75
Jordan Mailata 75
Josh Jones 74
Braxton Jones 74
Taylor Decker 73
Orlando Brown Jr 73
Dion Dawkins 72
Ty Nsekhe 72
Jamaree Salyer 71
Bernhard Raimann 70
Tyler Smith 69
Trent Brown 66
Ikem Ekwanu 65
Calvin Anderson 65
James Hurst 65
Jedrick Willis Jr 64
Charles Cross 62
Jonah Williams 62
Dan Moore Jr 61
Duane Brown 58
Dennis Daly 50
Walker Little 42

Its possible I missed somebody in here as I had to look up each player singlely but, and I cant believe Im saying this, but perhaps people are saying Brown is playing worse this year than he actually is. According to PFF he's barely been worse than last year. I mean, I was not impressed with him last year or at least enough to pay him what he wanted but he's having arguably the same year. Hes the 15th best tackle in the league per pff. Just doesn't mean he deserves even half of what hes looking for. Hes lucky we tagged him and hes getting paid what he is right now.

Here are his week to week grades for 2022.

By the time the playoffs start, his year grades should improve to put him in the top 10.

My top 3 options for the 2021 offseason were:

Signing Silverback (the top rated LT the last 2 years)
Trading a 2022 first to move up in the draft for Darrisaw (which at the time I posted multiple times that this was an even better option to signing Silverback)
Trading for Orlando Brown
Attached: 689060D3-FEB5-40B5-AE7A-F8CFAD0BE194.jpg (41.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:12 AM 12-23-2022

Brown Jr. was exceptionally grateful to be able to represent the #Chiefs in the Pro Bowl this season https://t.co/pfrBNv6T6R

— Chiefs Wire (@TheChiefsWire) December 23, 2022

Orlando Brown Jr. on Pro Bowl selection: 'It's just nothing short of a blessing'
John Dillon

With Christmas just days away, Kansas City Chiefs left tackle Orlando Brown Jr. reflected on his selection to the 2022 Pro Bowl on Thursday in his comments to the media. In a year where fans and pundits have criticized his play, few thought that Brown would be awarded the honor, but he was chosen as one of three players at his position to represent the best of the best in the AFC anyway.

Speaking to reporters, Brown seemed aware of just how fortunate he was to have been selected, and was excited for his fellow offensive linemen, center Creed Humphrey and guard Joe Thuney, who will also represent Kansas City on the Pro Bowl roster.

“It’s just nothing short of a blessing to be able to have the opportunity to be voted in [by] my fans, coaches, and players for the last four years, man. You know it’s very special. It’s an honor I don’t take lightly. But I’m so happy for the guys in the room that had the opportunity to make their first ones with Joe [Thuney] and Creed [Humphrey]. [They’re] two guys that come in here every single day, head down, working hard, taking coaching very well, [and they] have a ton of love and commitment to the game and to this franchise [and] to our room. I’m very happy for those two.”

The Chiefs’ investment in their offensive line to protect franchise quarterback Patrick Mahomes has certainly paid off. There was a legitimate argument to be made that right guard Trey Smith was a deserving candidate for a Pro Bowl selection as well, and Mahomes has rarely seen his protection crumble while he is in the pocket this season.

The rest of the NFL should start to take notice of the talent that Kansas City has acquired up-front, and model their collective offensive approaches to reflect the strategy that Andy Reid and Brett Veach have put together in search of their third Super Bowl berth in four years.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:42 AM 12-23-2022
Elgton Jenkins AND Jack Conklin were signed Today to long term contracts.

Yeah, good tackles are hard to come by.

The Chiefs are in a really tough spot with Orlando. Him making the pro bowl doesnt help at all.

I hope he accepts a reasonable offer because I dont see a way out for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
notorious 11:50 AM 12-23-2022
Can he improve? That's my question.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:08 PM 12-23-2022
Eric Fisher was a perennial Pro Bowler too.

The voters don't really watch the games. We could put Wylie at LT all season and he'll make the Pro Bowl by virtue of being Mahomes' LT.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:09 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Can he improve? That's my question.
I think he has the desire for sure, it may just be physical limitations he can't overcome. He certainly has the "want to" and Heck is probably one of the best O line coaches he could ask for.

The solution however is not a next year thing. Even if they draft a LT, unless they trade way up for one, I dont see him starting next year.

I dont see any elite LTs on the trade block either. Maybe Houston decides to trade Tunsil for a complete rebuild?

I fear we will have to come to some sort of agreement with Brown or Tag him again and buy another year to try and solve it.
[Reply]
notorious 12:12 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I think he has the desire for sure, it may just be physical limitations he can't overcome. He certainly has the "want to" and Heck is probably one of the best O line coaches he could ask for.

The solution however is not a next year thing. Even if they draft a LT, unless they trade way up for one, I dont see him starting next year.

I dont see any elite LTs on the trade block either. Maybe Houston decides to trade Tunsil for a complete rebuild?

I fear we will have to come to some sort of agreement with Brown or Tag him again and buy another year to try and solve it.
My gut tells me we are going to overpay in our eyes and underpay in his eyes.

Which is where it should end up.
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:18 PM 12-23-2022
I really loved Charles cross coming out and I’m shocked to see that his rating is that much worse than obj. If we draft a LT replacement, I guess we will have to plan on helping the rookie all year?
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:23 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I really loved Charles cross coming out and I’m shocked to see that his rating is that much worse than obj. If we draft a LT replacement, I guess we will have to plan on helping the rookie all year?
Exactly, I dont see Andy turning Patricks blind side over to a rookie unless he's the next Willie Roaf.

This is a multi year deal, I see them having to tag Brown. With him making the Pro Bowl he is going to ask for BIG money. This took a lot of leverage away from Veach.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:26 PM 12-23-2022

I think this is a likely outcome as well. Problem is it locks us in to an average LT for years. Not sure if Brown would even play on another Tag but that may be our only way out of this. Veach has a very tough problem here.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:37 PM 12-23-2022

Why does he accept an underpayment in his eyes?

Why doesn't he go to the free market and get paid considerably more than what KC will be willing to pay?

Seems wishful thinking to believe he will sign under market after having to play under the tag for one year.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:39 PM 12-23-2022
With Jenkins and Conklin off the table there really is nothing on the market…but Orlando Brown Jr.

That’s not good for us. If we trade him then we have zero leverage. Unfortunately the one with all the leverage is Orlando bc he’s gonna get paid, it’s just a matter of who is gonna be the ones to do it
[Reply]
RunKC 12:49 PM 12-23-2022
Even worse is that Penn St LT who was projected as being the best in this draft class elected to return to school.

The draft has a couple of solid LT prospects out of our reach (likely top 10-12 picks) and the others like the OU kid are wait and see at the combine if they have the measurable s desired.

This is a really really tough decision for Veach.
[Reply]
Page 296 of 343
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300306 > Last »
Up