View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 291 of 343
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301341 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
irafreak 08:15 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
The offense in yards and yards per play were at the top last I looked, but it is a dink and dunk offense. Mahomes and Reid and are just that good to have the best offensive in the league despite the liability at OT.

But in the playoffs it's going to be hard for us to beat 3-4 teams in a row with elite QBs because they will get much more pressure on Mahomes than we can get on their QB. Mahomes will need to be flawless.

To me, it's clear that you just let OBJ walk. There is no sign and trade or anything like that. Just let him walk. If no better LT option, use the money on the d line, and go with Christian.
Yep. You could make the argument that we don't NEED a good LT (though I'd worry about mahomes safety). Get a dline and we can actually stop the other team or force more ints
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:24 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Yep. You could make the argument that we don't NEED a good LT (though I'd worry about mahomes safety). Get a dline and we can actually stop the other team or force more ints
Yeah that’s bullshit and the Chiefs don’t believe that considering what they traded for OBJ. Mahomes has been getting hit way too much behind this OL and the tackles are the primary culprits.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:25 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
This is why I would be interested to see some draws. Start the drop back then hand to the back and let him run into the area vacated by the edge rusher sprinting upfield past brown.
Yep, it seems like we very rarely run any draw plays and it'd work very nicely with how teams like to play us. Andy is relying on Patrick's arm way too much and it's to the point that it's a detriment.
[Reply]
philfree 08:30 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yep, it seems like we very rarely run any draw plays and it'd work very nicely with how teams like to play us. Andy is relying on Patrick's arm way too much and it's to the point that it's a detriment.
#1 offense in the NFL.
[Reply]
O.city 08:31 AM 12-20-2022
I do think you could go cheaper or something and get similar production as you're getting here. I don't know that they'll do that, they likely want someone pretty good there. We'll see I guess.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:35 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
#1 offense in the NFL.
You can't have it both ways. Everyone is bitching about the tackles, so should I just say doesn't matter #1 offense! I gave a solution to help out our tackles.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:50 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:

Yet people here still defend him, and want to see GN him long term.
Dennis Daley missed a game and has only had at most 360 snaps in pass protection, because Tannehill's rushes are most likely because he was flushed from the pocket. He's allowing a pressure on 12% of his reps.

Wylie and Brown have at minimum 555 snaps in pass protection, but that number is probably closer to 600, because Patrick has 52 rushes. Only 3 of those have came from RPOs and I don't think he's had many designed run plays. So 43 pressures in 600 reps is only 7%. That's way better than that other guy lol.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:18 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.

So, are you still good with this take ?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:30 AM 12-20-2022
As much as people want us to take a tackle rd 1 I think I’d still take a pass rusher. You can find a decent RT that is better than Wylie in rd 2.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
As much as people want us to take a tackle rd 1 I think I’d still take a pass rusher. You can find a decent RT that is better than Wylie in rd 2.
They can't have great players all along the line though. Some are gonna have to be cheap.

They've got Thuney making a ton, then a 2nd rounder at C. Trey Smith making not much helps so they can do some things if they have to.

I'd be a bit more inclined to pay a RT and open up the draft more.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:35 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I have zero issue with letting him walk. But I'd love to know who folks think we're going to get in the draft that will be an upgrade.
Well it ain't gonna be much of a downgrade either.
[Reply]
TEX 10:45 AM 12-20-2022
Or, he might already be on the team.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:59 AM 12-20-2022

The thing is pass rush is a bigger need because Mahomes works around the shitty tackles, but you also have to weight in the liability of Mahomes running for his life on every play too, and I think when you consider that it pushes the need for tackle just a tad ahead of pass rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
crispystl 11:00 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well it ain't gonna be much of a downgrade either.

Then this is also a pretty big factor going the other direction too. You could go significantly cheaper at LT and get the same or equal production.

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:06 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
The thing is pass rush is a bigger need because Mahomes works around the shitty tackles, but you also have to weight in the liability of Mahomes running for his life on every play too, and I think when you consider that it pushes the need for tackle just a tad ahead of pass rush.

This, and all the unnecessary hits he’s been taking because his shitty tackles can block a guy for more than 1 second. He’s eventually gonna get hurt. And that’ll be on the tackles, and the guys who refuse to try other options there.
[Reply]
Page 291 of 343
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301341 > Last »
Up