ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 56
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
TEX 05:29 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I wouldn’t be happy keeping OBJ for league minimum. Dude can’t protect the blindside. He can only do it with help.
Yep. He's not a good fit in KC's offense, or any pass first one. Especially when facing any sort of a speed rush.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:32 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Sounds to me like someone trying to prove their worth with words because there are questions due to play on the field.

He's definitely trying to say he is under valued to the league.

I agree.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:35 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Right now Brown is a better RT than Taylor and almost certainly a better LT. Taylor is definitely more athletic so there's a chance he can become a better pass protector than Brown. He will be a much inferior run blocker. To an extent, who cares, it's obviously far less important. But it's not nothing. It came in handy in the SB when we started to run on them.

Veach DID see value in him, certainly last year, and I reckon he'd have taken that deal the Bengals gave him.

It is what it is. I think Veach probably had the right approach, Brown and his agent certainly did not. Bengals have profited which is the annoying part. But we can absolutely come out of this entirely fine, especially if we upgrade at RT now.

Still no matter what have to believe Braden Voop has a plan to really upgrade the LT and I think it's with the draft and want a long term solution that Brown just wasn't getting the pass protection job done and we are a heavy passing team.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 05:44 AM 03-16-2023
IDK why I feel like doing this but OK.

Right now Brown is a better RT than Taylor and almost certainly a better LT.
LOLWUT. No, Brown isn't a better RT. Even in his 'prime' at RT he might not've been, and he DEFINITELY isn't now having not played it for years.

As for being a better LT, the only way that's true is if Taylor bombs. Why anyone would think that is beyond me. Absolutely beyond me. If you're eating up with PFF is feeding you, STOP. PLEASE.

there's a chance he can become a better pass protector than Brown.
A "chance." He's literally already better. Orlando Brown is a bad pass protector. Period. Full stop. End of story. He always has been. Are we smoking crack here?

I reckon he'd have taken that deal the Bengals gave him.
No he wouldn't or he'd have OFFERED it.

Veach didn't want ANOTHER YEAR OF OBJ GETTING MAHOMES KILLED.

Are you people ****ing BLIND? We just watched this guy for 2 years. We don't need "ESPN pass block win rate" to trick us into thinking he's good, for **** sake.

Bengals have profited
By protecting their QB, who's way less talented at escaping pressure (he actually creates a lot of it himself), with a guy who IS TERRIBLE AT GIVING UP PRESSURE?

WHAT THE **** IS HUMANITY
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:54 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Sounds to me like someone trying to prove their worth with words because there are questions due to play on the field.
Sure, but he also had a chance to do that for 2 years when he was trying to prove to the chiefs he was worth left tackle money. And it seems the chiefs didn’t think he passed.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:03 AM 03-16-2023
Good for OBJ! Glad he got his $$$$$ and good luck! At least he got a SB ring on his way out.
[Reply]
milkshock 06:05 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
IDK why I feel like doing this but OK.

LOLWUT. No, Brown isn't a better RT. Even in his 'prime' at RT he might not've been, and he DEFINITELY isn't now having not played it for years.

As for being a better LT, the only way that's true is if Taylor bombs. Why anyone would think that is beyond me. Absolutely beyond me. If you're eating up with PFF is feeding you, STOP. PLEASE.

A "chance." He's literally already better. Orlando Brown is a bad pass protector. Period. Full stop. End of story. He always has been. Are we smoking crack here?

No he wouldn't or he'd have OFFERED it.

Veach didn't want ANOTHER YEAR OF OBJ GETTING MAHOMES KILLED.

Are you people ****ing BLIND? We just watched this guy for 2 years. We don't need "ESPN pass block win rate" to trick us into thinking he's good, for **** sake.

By protecting their QB, who's way less talented at escaping pressure (he actually creates a lot of it himself), with a guy who IS TERRIBLE AT GIVING UP PRESSURE?

WHAT THE **** IS HUMANITY

I wouldn’t go so far as to say OBJ was getting Mahomes killed
[Reply]
Kman34 06:07 AM 03-16-2023
Just funny to me how the narrative on guys gets put out there .. Brown = bad pass blocker.. Taylor = bad run blocker..
The Jags were ranked 9th in the league at 4.9 yds per attempt and ran behind Taylor for their key first down in the playoff win..
And we all were praising Brown for pass blocking in the SB… We are a passing team and sure a guy is going to give up pressures because of the sheer amount of pass attempts..

I’m excited to see what Veach does in the draft because I will bet the house he drafts a tackle…
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:13 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
No pressure, Orlando.

Holy shitballs, just seeing this now. He's going from the literal best in the league at avoiding pressures to one of the worst. Mahomes gets sacked at about a 10% clip, which pretty well matches up with Browns numbers. 4 sacks given up on 47 pressure. Joe Burrow is at 27 fucking %. Extrapolate those pressure out with the 27% and you've got roughly 13 sacks. Even his 2021 numbers at 36 pressures will be rough for Burrow.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:15 AM 03-16-2023

If it's "harder" for him to block on an island, he's in for a rough time in Cincy. Judging by where Jonah Williams places on the chart we leave them out there at a roughly equal clip. (Also notice Jawaan Taylor was more successful AND blocked on an island at a higher rate)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:23 AM 03-16-2023
Unfortunately even though I’m good with getting rid of obj because i prefer the guy who is fine with playing either LT or RT (gives you room to draft a replacement… because a good draft pick can be better than both obj and Taylor)… I do think this is a good value pick for cincy who can’t afford a top 10 LT with what contracts they have coming
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:25 AM 03-16-2023
It's not like they got him at a discount. He signed with them because they offered the most guaranteed. His market was just absolute dogshit.

Among teams that showed interest in Orlando Brown, per agent Michael Portner: The #Steelers and #Jets. Bengals put deal over the top with strong guarantees over long term. @TomPelissero 1st on the deal.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
MahomesKnows 06:36 AM 03-16-2023
Chiefs dodged a bullet when he passed on that offer last year.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:41 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Sheesh. Someone or something got under Orlando's skin.

Umm, you're not a Super Bowl champion, the Chiefs are Super Bowl champions and would have been with or without you. That's what you don't seem to understand. You're not special. At all. In any way. You were one of the most replaceable players in our starting 22, and we will not miss you at all.

Burrow is going to get mutilated with this guy protecting his blindside. It's going to be laughable.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:43 AM 03-16-2023
I didn't like his fit here before we signed him, and haven't liked it along the way.

But what really soured me on him was the bullshit he pulled last off-season.

Good riddance.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 56
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up