Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama

Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?
[Reply]
wachashi 01:00 PM 02-21-2024
I don't think Brett Kollmann is a particularly good talent evaluator, so it's worth taking his opinions with a grain of salt, but his comp for Troy Franklin is...MVS. No joke. He says they are both slender-build vertical threats that struggle to play through contact and struggle in contested catch situations.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:05 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by wachashi:
I don't think Brett Kollmann is a particularly good talent evaluator, so it's worth taking his opinions with a grain of salt, but his comp for Troy Franklin is...MVS. No joke. He says they are both slender-build vertical threats that struggle to play through contact and struggle in contested catch situations.
Saw him make that comparison, and I think it's a weak one.

Franklin is like a billionaire's MVS.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:11 PM 02-21-2024
Brett Kollman also hated Rashee Rice, called it a terrible pick and said he thought Niko Remigio brought more to the table.
[Reply]
kcbubb 01:51 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Rice, oddly enough, is someone I think I'd like more if he WASN'T named Rice. I just push-back hard enough against the "Oh it's Jerry's kid" gimmick that I can't help but wonder if I'm pushing TOO hard.

Because there's a lot to like there. He might be pretty damn good; better than my cynical ass is giving him credit for.
I like rice a lot. He seems like a high floor prospect. He’s gonna put in the work. Wrs that can bench and squat like that have made a habit of working. He has long deep speed. I think 23 mph. And I like that with Mahomes. Rice is just not as twitchy. He’d be a solid contributor for a long time. The Tampa Hali of WRs. He’s got good size too at 6’2” 210.
[Reply]
kcbubb 02:01 PM 02-21-2024
What do y’all see as the total of wrs selected in each round? This just isn’t adding up to me. Looks like you’re projecting 22 wrs taken in the first 3 rounds. I think the record is 13 WRs taken in the first 2 rounds. And you’d think that the 3rd round would drop a lot with that many teams taking WRs early. The sweet spot is early in the 3rd round for WRs. There should be some talent available. I think we can get a talented guy at the end of round at wr and then trade up in the third and get another really talented wr if we wanted to. And this would be the year to do it.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd have a similar list but broken up a bit (which means I probably won't get most of them)

2nd:

Walker
McMillan
Mitchell
Worthy
Legette
Wilson
Burton (would need the interviews to go well)

3rd:

McConkey
Polk
Pearsall
Rice
Thrash (curious to see how he times; he looks faster than the listed times for him)

Does that mean I wouldn't end up getting any of those guys I list as 3rd round guys? Yeah - probably. But I wouldn't be happy to see any of them taken in the 2nd so I'd just shrug and move along. Any one of them COULD be guys I move up into that 2nd round status (probably not Thrash), but I don't think it's terribly likely.

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:20 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Saw him make that comparison, and I think it's a weak one.

Franklin is like a billionaire's MVS.
Agree. I've seen Jordan Addison, and I think that tracks a lot better.

He's tall and thin and fast and separates well. He's not going to fare well if a CB like Sneed is lined up against him and can get hands on, and he isn't going to make a living Moss-ing people.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:43 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Whatever guy is most like Skyy Moore, don't draft
:-)
[Reply]
O.city 03:29 PM 02-21-2024
I don't know that I'd call him a "big" separator, although he is in terms of the vertical stuff, but he's not Adonai Mitchell either. He has little issue getting separation, and his drop rate or whatever is pretty similar to Rice.
Generally, the drop rate and contested catch stuff translates not very well for guys in the nfl
Rice is somewhat outlier
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:38 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Agree. I've seen Jordan Addison, and I think that tracks a lot better.

He's tall and thin and fast and separates well. He's not going to fare well if a CB like Sneed is lined up against him and can get hands on, and he isn't going to make a living Moss-ing people.
Addison had an actual route tree at his disposal, where Hyatt did not. Addison was clearly the most ready WR in the round one conversation last year, but this year I think he would have slipped out of the first round. I would put Franklin somewhere in between the two, personally. But Hyatt was a project coming out, and teams valuation of him, imo, was likely to hinge on how quickly they thought he could learn a proper offense.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:58 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Generally, the drop rate and contested catch stuff translates not very well for guys in the nfl
Rice is somewhat outlier
You know what else translates?

Originally Posted by :
College WR Prospect with +3.10 YPRR for 20 year old season, over 6'0, with round 1-2 draft capital:
(since 2018)

Devonta Smith
CeeDee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
A.J. Brown
Tee Higgins
Jameson Williams
Drake London
Troy Franklin
Dude, like Rice, was extremely productive despite the drops. They're completely overblown if that's the only real knock. You aren't going to get any better at 32.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:00 PM 02-21-2024
You know what else translates?

Dude, like Rice, was extremely productive despite the drops. They're completely overblown if that's the only real knock.
I don't think you disliked Drake London but a lot of CP hated him before the draft.

Kid is great.

Imagine if he had a real QB.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:02 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I don't think you disliked Drake London but a lot of CP hated him before the draft.

Kid is great.

Imagine if he had a real QB.
No, I loved London.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:04 PM 02-21-2024
No, I loved London.
I had him as the #1 WR and got lots of "he is not fast enough".

Of course I can't take a victory lap until Falcons get a real QB because most people still don't know how good he is.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:06 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I had him as the #1 WR and got lots of "he is not fast enough".

Of course I can't take a victory lap until Falcons get a real QB because most people still don't know how good he is.
My argument for London is the same I've made for Coleman.

They're big guys that get put in the contested catch only box, but they're sneaky good after the catch, and better athletes than they're given credit for.

Interestingly enough, Lance Zierlein's pro comp for Coleman is London.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:11 PM 02-21-2024
My argument for London is the same I've made for Coleman.

They're big guys that get put in the contested catch only box, but they're sneaky good after the catch, and better athletes than they're given credit for.

Interestingly enough, Lance Zierlein's pro comp for Coleman is London.
I can see it as far as how they win against NFL corners.

My comps for Coleman might be Pittman or Nico Collins as far as quick and dirty what style of WR you are getting.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 32
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up