ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 172
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:26 AM 06-13-2017
Chuck looks like he belongs in a nursing home. So old and he still wants to lawyer?
[Reply]
Gonzo 07:28 AM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Chuck looks like he belongs in a nursing home. So old and he still wants to lawyer?
He's such a DBag.

Love the way Jimmy-Saul worked those old ladies. :-)
The show just keeps getting better. You know you're enjoying it when you're pissed off that the credits run.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:58 AM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
He's such a DBag.

The show just keeps getting better. You know you're enjoying it when you're pissed off that the credits run.
Oh, I hated him for what he did to Irene for a buck. But it is the journey of his character. Still hated him for it though.
[Reply]
sedated 08:08 AM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
That was the first moment when I started to dislike Saul. He could have done it in a different way, but had to tear down an old lady to get his money.

Seems to mirror the way Walt became so hated, by manipulating/hurting everyone around him to get what he wants.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:35 AM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by sedated:
That was the first moment when I started to dislike Saul. He could have done it in a different way, but had to tear down an old lady to get his money.

Seems to mirror the way Walt became so hated, by manipulating/hurting everyone around him to get what he wants.
TEAM CHUCK!!!

Jimmy isn't a good dude. He isn't turning into Saul - he's always been Saul. He's just spent a few years wearing a Jimmy mask...
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:01 PM 06-13-2017
Chuck has started to come back to his wits but it's too late. He's going to find himself in a battle with HHM that will not end well. They carried him for years so it won't be tough to prove he was a burden to the organization.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:26 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Chuck has started to come back to his wits but it's too late. He's going to find himself in a battle with HHM that will not end well. They carried him for years so it won't be tough to prove he was a burden to the organization.
Seems like both brothers did other in. What a set of dysfunctional siblings they are.

What about the car accident Kim had? I was totally unprepared for that. At first I thought she was hit, but she was distracted and caused the accident herself. But the trunk opening and the papers flying out. She is screwed. I felt so bad for her, since she worked so hard.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:30 PM 06-13-2017
And that meeting of Nacho with his dad. He didn't pull off killing Hector afterall.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:38 PM 06-13-2017
And that meeting of Nacho with his dad. He didn't pull off killing Hector afterall.
Well I don't know what you know about Breaking Bad, but I will submit [using only inferences from knowledge we have now] that Nacho isn't counting on one specific misdosage of the heart medication to do Salamanca in. Salamanca's episodes are subcritical and based on stress. Just a little stress and the placebo effect alone can pull him through an episode. But one day there should be enough stress and a strong enough episode that ineffective medicine can incapacitate or even kill him. It's a long[ish] con, but it's the best Nacho can come up with and think he can pull off without retribution.
[Reply]
Otter 01:52 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
TEAM CHUCK!!!

Jimmy isn't a good dude. He isn't turning into Saul - he's always been Saul. He's just spent a few years wearing a Jimmy mask...
I really don't think there's any truly good or bad people in series. That's part of its appeal. The writers even went out of their way to show Kim's secretary goofing off at work when being out of eyesight of the people signing her check.

Very neo-noir.

I love it!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:15 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Otter:
I really don't think there's any truly good or bad people in series. That's part of its appeal. The writers even went out of their way to show Kim's secretary goofing off at work when being out of eyesight of the people signing her check.

Very neo-noir.

I love it!
How dare you besmirch Gustavo Fring!

Love that dude. I'd definitely watch "Get Him to the Gus". Fring is my boy.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:27 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Well I don't know what you know about Breaking Bad, but I will submit [using only inferences from knowledge we have now] that Nacho isn't counting on one specific misdosage of the heart medication to do Salamanca in. Salamanca's episodes are subcritical and based on stress. Just a little stress and the placebo effect alone can pull him through an episode. But one day there should be enough stress and a strong enough episode that ineffective medicine can incapacitate or even kill him. It's a long[ish] con, but it's the best Nacho can come up with and think he can pull off without retribution.
I think it's likely the reason Salamanca become incapacitated to a wheel chair though.

What Nacho said to his father, indicated to me it was going to take more of the pills he switched to do what he intended. I just think it doesn't kill him.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:44 PM 06-13-2017
The dude who plays Nacho is a pretty good actor
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:57 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by sedated:

I dunno. She'll get her money and the girls will like her again.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:59 PM 06-13-2017
Seems like both brothers did other in. What a set of dysfunctional siblings they are.

What about the car accident Kim had? I was totally unprepared for that. At first I thought she was hit, but she was distracted and caused the accident herself. But the trunk opening and the papers flying out. She is screwed. I felt so bad for her, since she worked so hard.
I was sure she was going to wreck watching that scene. They just spent too much time in the car with her. I really thought she was gonna die in the wreck. Ironic that on Jimmy's highest day, his gf would die...
[Reply]
Page 93 of 172
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Up