ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 146
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
tredadda 04:06 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
If you listen to the media we're basically playing the 85 bears defense, the Chiefs Willie roaf O-line and the Ravens 2019 rushing attack.

Then I switch on the Eagles vs Cowboys game from a few months ago and just shake my head. People have buried that game under the guise of Philly not having Hurts. But Reid and his staff have not buried it. The amount of deficiencies that you see from the philly defense in several areas are so apparent it's scary. And then you look at the stats and how they are poor against the run, one of the worst against screens and vulnerable in the middle of the field. The tale is there to see...but the media don't want to share the story.
Those are excellent points. As the Cowboys are rivals I wonder how much of their success against the Eagles defense is a product of familiarity and how much of it is exposing that defense. I tend to throw division games out the window due to that. Look at KC, the Broncos are trash and yet still played the Chiefs closer than should have been. To me those games are in no way an indictment on KC.

I do find it funny though that they seem to overlook how dominant the KC offense has been against top tier defenses. Rarely in the Mahomes era has a top defense shut this offense down and I don’t think they will this time either.

I don’t know why, but the closer we get to kickoff the more confident I am in a Chiefs victory. I usually don’t get that way about any game. The Eagles are a very good team but I think a combination of big game jitters, Hurts injury to his throwing shoulder, and KC’s offensive firepower will be too much. I just can’t see them being able to hang with the Chiefs in a shootout.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:11 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I saw an interesting stat that only twice has the #1 passing offense faced the #1 passing defense in the Super Bowl. Once back in 2002 in the Buccaneers vs Raiders matchup and again in 2013 with the Broncos vs Seahawks.

The #1 passing defenses won by an average of 31 points.

Lots of stats going back and forth but I feel good about the game given the fact that we've got Mahomes and Reid on our side.
One thing about those defenses and the Eagles defense. The Eagles defense had some bad games against higher caliber offenses. Those other defenses absolutely dominated everyone all year and imposed their will on everyone. Not sure the Eagles can make the same claim.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:12 PM 02-07-2023
Ignoring the ridiculously small sample size, this Eagles defense is absolutely nowhere near as good as the Bucs and Seahawks.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:15 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
One thing about those defenses and the Eagles defense. The Eagles defense had some bad games against higher caliber offenses. Those other defenses absolutely dominated everyone all year and imposed their will on everyone. Not sure the Eagles can make the same claim.
Exactly. This year's Rodgers/Packers offense and Dak are not dropping 30+ on either of those defenses.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:18 PM 02-07-2023
Way less worried about this game than the 49ers, Bucs, or the Bengals last game.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:57 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ignoring the ridiculously small sample size, this Eagles defense is absolutely nowhere near as good as the Bucs and Seahawks.
Gotta be waaaay better than the Seahawks.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:58 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Gotta be waaaay better than the Seahawks.
Ignore me, you're not talking about this year's Seahawks! Ha.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:59 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Ignore me, you're not talking about this year's Seahawks! Ha.
Lol yea I'm talking about the Legion of Boom.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:01 PM 02-07-2023
Yep.

Not even close
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:40 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Those are excellent points. As the Cowboys are rivals I wonder how much of their success against the Eagles defense is a product of familiarity and how much of it is exposing that defense. I tend to throw division games out the window due to that. Look at KC, the Broncos are trash and yet still played the Chiefs closer than should have been. To me those games are in no way an indictment on KC.

I do find it funny though that they seem to overlook how dominant the KC offense has been against top tier defenses. Rarely in the Mahomes era has a top defense shut this offense down and I don’t think they will this time either.

I don’t know why, but the closer we get to kickoff the more confident I am in a Chiefs victory. I usually don’t get that way about any game. The Eagles are a very good team but I think a combination of big game jitters, Hurts injury to his throwing shoulder, and KC’s offensive firepower will be too much. I just can’t see them being able to hang with the Chiefs in a shootout.
The issue is they haven't played many decent QB's or offenses so you just have to analyse the three or four games they did and that Dallas game was eye opening is all I'm saying. Especially how the Dallas O-line handled philly's four man rush for most of the game.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:45 PM 02-07-2023
Drive those betting dollars on. Brought to you by fan duel
[Reply]
SupDock 07:45 PM 02-07-2023

"Honestly, the best Philly Cheesesteaks are not in Philly!" ��@TeamJuJu gives his opinion on Philly's cheesesteaks ��

Watch #SBOpeningNight on FS1 and streaming on the FOX Sports App: https://t.co/KhaCw7GmJv pic.twitter.com/c6clqkKHgU

— FOX Sports: NFL (@NFLonFOX) February 7, 2023

[Reply]
FringeNC 07:54 PM 02-07-2023
It's not even as good as the Bills D we faced in the playoffs last year.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:11 PM 02-07-2023

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:15 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Eagles are better at every position other than the QB? Is that really what McCoy just said? Get the **** out of here.

McCoy is just a salty bitch.
Pretty much every single Patriots SB winner was the same. The one time they were clearly the best overall team was when they were undefeated and the Giants beat them.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 146
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Up