ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 43
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
staylor26 05:52 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Thuney and OBJ are the two starters locked in, but there should be good competition for the rest.

RT between Niang, Long and Remmers. RG will be LDT vs Long vs Allegretti. C will be Blythe vs Allegretti

The other 3 will be our backups. Overall, our talent may be similar or slightly better than last year, but with better depth.
No, it’s significantly better...
[Reply]
Dull Tools 06:05 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Thuney and OBJ are the two starters locked in, but there should be good competition for the rest.

RT between Niang, Long and Remmers. RG will be LDT vs Long vs Allegretti. C will be Blythe vs Allegretti

The other 3 will be our backups. Overall, our talent may be similar or slightly better than last year, but with better depth.
It is a lot better as Schwartz didn't play after like week 5 so for the main part of the season we have lost Fisher and Reiter. We have added Brown, Thuney, Blyth, Long, LDT and Niang.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:29 PM 04-28-2021
Rankin has to be in the mix for a backup spot IMO.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:48 AM 04-30-2021
I found this interesting.

[Reply]
Hoover 12:02 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I found this interesting.

That was a fantastic interview.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:49 PM 04-30-2021

Chiefs love Lucas Niang for RT this season https://t.co/GBmREbYUtf

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) April 30, 2021

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:57 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Good. We need to get him rolling as a cheap starter for the next 4 years. That would balance out the spending up front.

Remmers is great depth. Can move Niang to LT if injuries occur so we don’t do the Remmers thing again there.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:59 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Good. We need to get him rolling as a cheap starter for the next 4 years. That would balance out the spending up front.

Remmers is great depth. Can move Niang to LT if injuries occur so we don’t do the Remmers thing again there.
We were thinking the exact same thing at the exact same time.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:07 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We were thinking the exact same thing at the exact same time.
Haha yep, I get that I’m high on Niang and have been ever since they selected him. Hasn’t proven it yet but he’s a guy I’d buy a lot of stock in right now.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:00 PM 04-30-2021
Brown Thuney Blythe Long Niang

[Reply]
htismaqe 04:05 PM 04-30-2021
I can't believe people still want to spend draft picks on tackles after everything we've invested.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:24 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I can't believe people still want to spend draft picks on tackles after everything we've invested.
It doesn't matter how much you invest if those investments don't work out on the field. I'm skeptical of Andy Heck's coaching ability. We may have to continue to get linemen who received their initial training somewhere else.

If Heck does his job and these young guys work out, we are set for years. We won't have to invest much in the near future. Heck has plenty of talent to work with this year. If we don't have a Top-5 Oline this year, Heck has failed IMO.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:23 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
It doesn't matter how much you invest if those investments don't work out on the field. I'm skeptical of Andy Heck's coaching ability. We may have to continue to get linemen who received their initial training somewhere else.

If Heck does his job and these young guys work out, we are set for years. We won't have to invest much in the near future. Heck has plenty of talent to work with this year. If we don't have a Top-5 Oline this year, Heck has failed IMO.
You're ****ing skeptical the sun is going to come up tomorrow. And when it does, you'll say we just got lucky, and it's not coming up the day after.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:52 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Classic Veach. Only looks at actual production against people like Chase Young while completely ignoring calves.

On the other hand, Dave Gettleman building a real powerhouse in NY with his BCA (best calves available) draft strategy.
Gettleman. :-)

You’ve really been bringing the sarcasm game lately. Nice work.

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It always made sense.

He suffered a severe hip injury in the Fall of 2019 and would have started out on the PUP list in 2020, if not IR. Even if he could have come back in December 2020, he wouldn't have been in football shape and would have faced limited snaps, so it was best for him and the team for him to sit out last season.

Now, they'll have him for at least 4 years so that he, OBJ, Humphrey, Thuney and a right guard to be named later can grow together over the next 4 to 5 seasons.
It also makes sense because we have another year in his rookie contract (that he didn’t blow with a known injury) and he gets another year to develop before his second contract.

So yeah, it has always made sense. For everybody.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:15 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You're ****ing skeptical the sun is going to come up tomorrow. And when it does, you'll say we just got lucky, and it's not coming up the day after.
I freely admit that I'm skeptical and pessimistic. I really like the offensive lineman we added but I've never thought Heck was very good.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 43
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up