7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:01 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Speaking of Hos

@BStoneKUSI: Eric Hosmer was not pleased with this question from the (very good at his job) @sdutSanders about potentially being traded. https://twitter.com/BStoneKUSI/statu...373315/video/1
Hos is starting to let loose on reporters like he occasionally did with the Royals during his 2012 slump. That image had been entirely cleaned up by 2015 (Eno’s article being the only trace of that left).

To be fair, I don’t disagree with Hos’ frustration. Perhaps that reporter is good but how is Hos supposed to respond to that question? “Yeah, I can’t wait to be traded away from one of the most exciting teams from baseball.” I mean, everyone was criticizing Joe Buck for asking Kris Bryant the same questions during the ASG - despite Bryant answering as diplomatically as possible.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:00 AM 07-28-2021
I just hope we don't trade for him.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:01 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
Joe Bauman hit 72 in the minor leagues in 1954.
I thought Crash Davis held that record?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:06 AM 07-28-2021
How about we just trade the Padres enough cash to pay off the Hosmer contract for one of their top guys lol.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:08 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
The offense still sucks a big one.
LOL. They've scored 38 runs in their last 7 games (5.43 RPG). But one night scoring 3 runs against good pitching means they "still suck the big one."
[Reply]
Infidel Goat 11:16 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I thought Crash Davis held that record?
Career mark, not the single-season record.

Funny to think of a power-hitting catcher being kept in the minor leagues for so much of his career. That's probably my only problem with the movie...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:20 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Hos is starting to let loose on reporters like he occasionally did with the Royals during his 2012 slump. That image had been entirely cleaned up by 2015 (Eno’s article being the only trace of that left).

To be fair, I don’t disagree with Hos’ frustration. Perhaps that reporter is good but how is Hos supposed to respond to that question? “Yeah, I can’t wait to be traded away from one of the most exciting teams from baseball.” I mean, everyone was criticizing Joe Buck for asking Kris Bryant the same questions during the ASG - despite Bryant answering as diplomatically as possible.
Yea agreed. You only ask that question hoping to get a rise, which he did. So I guess the reporter got what he wanted.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:38 AM 07-28-2021
Looks like a seller’s market. Marlins get five years of former elite prospect Jesus Luzardo for a rental of starling Marte.

1.4 years of Merrifield should draw a similar return, I’d think.
[Reply]
tk13 11:48 AM 07-28-2021
Yeah that's a pretty good prospect for a rental.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:52 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea agreed. You only ask that question hoping to get a rise, which he did. So I guess the reporter got what he wanted.
I also think Hosmer is not used to this intense and unrelenting heat from the coastal media. Remember when all the 2014 Royals had to worry about was Andy? Lol. Hosmer is getting routinely firebombed on Twitter and apparently has been a target of the media since he got involved in a quarantine this year (he defended not getting vaxxed). I feel for him a bit, he had another interview where about 6 questions in a row were either “How he felt about Frazier”, and “What does it mean to you if you’re traded?”. That has to suck, but all of his answers are just getting obliterated. He again said he wouldn’t change his swing (does that sound familiar?) and is just getting savaged for that right now. Padres fans are pointing out that Wil Myers dealt with these questions for years and was always diplomatic about them, but it doesn’t mean they’re easier for Myers to handle.

I do think Hos’ “face of the franchise” was a bit of a GMDM construction (remember when GMDM rose Hos’ free agent costs by saying he’d be the face of any franchise he went to AND predicted Hos was poised to hit 40 homers in 2018 :-)). Hos has always had this stubbornness about him, had documented beefs with other players, and has snapped/bullied the media for bad questions before. It doesn’t make him different than a lot of MLB players (a handful of the 2015 Royals hated Andy, a fantastic reporter, for instance), but those traits don’t exactly line up with the “face of the franchise” player GMDM sold him as.

Anywho. Talk is he might be shipped to Texas.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:53 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Looks like a seller’s market. Marlins get five years of former elite prospect Jesus Luzardo for a rental of starling Marte.

I’m usually not mad if GMDM sits.

I might be this season, this season seems to have all the variables he needs to make a couple of moves.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:07 PM 07-28-2021

I might be this season, this season seems to have all the variables he needs to make a couple of moves.
Yeah, that type of return should mean you can tell the Mariners you want George Kirby, or Emerson Hancock + Zach DeLoach, for Merrifield.

Etc.

Will be interesting to see if that type of player acquisition price sticks or this was a one-off.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:10 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Be nice if Mondi or Junior were ready for shortstop right now, slide Nicky over and trading Whit would be easily accepted by most.
[Reply]
tk13 12:12 PM 07-28-2021

Yeah we'll see. It's funny because Jon Heyman was just tweeting a couple hours ago about how the feeling is it's a total buyers market for position players, how you'll be able to get A-list position players for B-list prospects. Then that trade came down.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:30 PM 07-28-2021
All good points. I think what will make me angry is that if a couple more trades with similar returns are made before the deadline and GMDM still sits.
[Reply]
Page 279 of 440
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329379 > Last »
Up