ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Alpha WR's
MahomesMagic 06:14 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Don't cycle into plain idiocy. He's nowhere near Worthy or Franklin. And let's not act like Franklin is slow and he's certainly not bad. This is an incredibly fast WR class. 4.41 is still cookin. 4.45 is a benchmark you want to get to with your WRs AND 4.41 is probably about the lower end for Franklin. He didn't run a 4.6.

Any statement that moves anyone ahead of Worthy is probably just ridiculous at this point. Worthy is going up, not down. 4.21 official is one of the fastest times in history and the fastest ever at the combine.
Well, you said having Adonai ahead of Worthy was crazy too and I expect that NFL teams will agree.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:24 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Well, you said having Adonai ahead of Worthy was crazy too and I expect that NFL teams will agree.
Adonai got himself into the 1st round conversation and may be considered over Franklin because of his size. He was not a 1st round prospect or even in the discussion. Worthy already was.

There's still a solid chance Adonai doesn't go in the 1st.

I think there is no doubt about 5 of them going in the 1st and Worthy is in that group of 5. Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Worthy, Thomas. Those guys are going in 1, for sure. Zero doubt.

After those it's going to be preferences between Mitchell, McConkey, and Franklin IMO with only 1 of the 3 possibly sneaking in.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 06:13 PM 03-02-2024
He is certainly Worthy of our pick in first!!
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:45 PM 03-02-2024
How many WRs go on and have good NFL careers after having one good year in college and that wasn't even that good of a year?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:49 PM 03-02-2024

Top WRs by Speed Score* in the 2024 Class
*aka weight-adjusted 40-time (more predictive)

1. Xavier Legette (119.0)
2. Brian Thomas (118.9)
3. Adonai Mitchell (115.6)
4. Johnny Wilson (110.7)
5. Bub Means (110.1)
6. Cornelius Johnson (109.1)
7. Rome Odunze (108.1)
8. Devontez…

— Scott Barrett (@ScottBarrettDFB) March 3, 2024

[Reply]
Chieftain 08:50 PM 03-02-2024
Worthy is a toothpick. You never draft toothpick sized receivers.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:52 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I want a WR who will punch other teams in the face and take their lunch money.

Not some tiny make a wish kid that will get bullied and broken.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:11 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Not a prerequisite IMO.

DeSean Jackson was. He has a case for the HOF.

DeVonta Smith is. All he's done is put up nearly 3200 yards and 19 TDs in 3 seasons.

Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Tyler Lockett and T.Y. Hilton did alright for themselves too.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:43 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not a prerequisite IMO.

DeSean Jackson was. He has a case for the HOF.

DeVonta Smith is. All he's done is put up nearly 3200 yards and 19 TDs in 3 seasons.

Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Tyler Lockett and T.Y. Hilton did alright for themselves too.
My comp for Terry McLaurin was a bigger TY Hilton. That's a very good football player.

I don't like Worthy as much as Terry McLaurin coming out.

I had a 1st round grade on Hollywood and I don't like Worthy as much as him either.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:00 PM 03-02-2024

��️"I really like Mitchell's tape a lot"

NFL Films' @gregcosell shares his film breakdown study of Texas WR Adonai Mitchell��⬇️#NFLCombine @Ticketmaster pic.twitter.com/KirTCMOmCp

— One Bills Live (@OneBillsLive) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
JPH83 12:51 AM 03-03-2024
I prefer Mitchell to Worthy but that speed...is insane. He could obviously break but I'd trust Reid to put him in situations he can succeed. Man this is a great year to need a WR
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:55 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I prefer Mitchell to Worthy but that speed...is insane. He could obviously break but I'd trust Reid to put him in situations he can succeed. Man this is a great year to need a WR
Worthy could have some value if he hit and was used right.

If Nagy wanted him as a gadget slot then he might bust.

As a vertical 2 decoy where he runs down field as fast as possible he could have a Gabe Davis impact.

Faster and smaller but go 3-4 games where you don't notice and then have a game or two where they seem important.

Buffalo not resigning Davis but drafting his replacement.

If they get Thomas Jr that's a massive upgrade at Vertical 2.
[Reply]
wannaGOback 12:59 AM 03-03-2024
I am team ALPHA.

He was not lying when he said he doesn’t run full speed every route so he can sustain drives.

MahomesMagic knows what he’s talking about.

Get this guy at all costs.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:09 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by wannaGOback:
I am team ALPHA.

He was not lying when he said he doesn’t run full speed every route so he can sustain drives.

MahomesMagic knows what he’s talking about.

Get this guy at all costs.
I doubt AD makes it to us, but Sark doesn't run a very deep WR rotation at Texas. Even with a deep WR room, his top guys really don't get much rest.

Those guys hardly ever sub out and when a receiver came off the field it was usually Whittington coming off to sub in a second TE when we went into 12.

There wasn't much rest for Mitchell or Worthy during the season, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see more athleticism out of AD once he's in the league and part of a rotation.
[Reply]
wannaGOback 01:08 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Mitchell’s speed is just as crazy if not more so with his weight. If they don’t draft either in the first it’s a massive mistake.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up