ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 38
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:06 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, there's a real island of misfit toys vibe with some of our roster construction.

A physical WR as your #1 guy with a QB who just doesn't need (or really want) that kind of player. An OL built around interior run blocking and a running game that seems committed to OZ looks (w/ RBs who aren't physically equipped for the job).

A really expensive G while cutting corners at WR.

The one area I'd say is complementary is a strong interior pass rush w/ relatively low-cost CBs. That's a nice mesh. But the rest of it seems like a series of mis-matched parts and we see it on days where things just aren't clicking.
If we’re being fair, the team planned to build a team around tyreek being there. Skyy and juju are interesting options in that situation.

I think the OL was built around ceh being better in the screen game. Having pulling guards is great. We saw that play well last year when McKinnon did well where ceh did not. This year it isn’t working again, probably because our RBs are middling but also a byproduct of defenses playing us differently knowing they don’t care about our receivers anymore
[Reply]
staylor26 10:07 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Probably a good slot/return man...
He's not a slot only guy. I don't know why people continue to say this.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:07 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC dude maybe give Skyy more than 3 games into his rookie season before saying shit like this?

I can see Overreaction Planet is in full effect today. I'm just going to stay away this week.
Why is, "we have to redshirt all of our rookie WR's 1st year" an acceptable answer?

Fucking draft better receivers, man.

REAL talent shines early and often. It always does. Trey Smith didn't need to redshirt.

Why does this rule only seem to apply to WR's?

I'll tell you why. Because it's not a real rule. The only thing REAL there is that these WR's haven't been good enough to siphon snaps or be featured.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:08 AM 09-26-2022
It's not hard to gameplan the Chiefs, no one respects the WR's now or the run game so just don't let Kelce kill you.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:08 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Why is, "we have to redshirt all of our rookie WR's 1st year" an acceptable answer?

REAL talent shines early and often. It always does. Trey Smith didn't need to redshirt.

I'll tell you why. Because it's not a real rule. The only thing REAL there is that these WR's haven't been good enough to siphon snaps or be featured.
I've yet to figure that out either, it's annoying as fuck. Rookie WR's have far more success in the NFL than they ever use to...yet here we get to hear about how it takes forever to learn the system.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:09 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's not hard to gameplan the Chiefs, no one respects the WR's now or the run game so just don't let Kelce kill you.
And our OTs can't block anyone.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:09 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Their #1 WR is the all pro tight end who dropped the game ender in the end zone yesterday.
Time to stop with that approach as well.

He had two plays in that game where he got caught from behind. He's as smart and savvy as he's ever been. And I don't think the agility has gone backwards at all.

But he's clearly a step slower than he was. I mean at a point if you have a guy like him as your 'WR1' then what purpose does JJSS actually serve here? Because they occupy the same spaces and get their yards in the same way.

The pass-catching corps needs more athleticism. I mentioned it after the Chargers game but while we weren't paying attention, the receivers suddenly got a little slow. Or at least not very dynamic.

I argued back and forth with Clay about this last year, but Pringle was our 2nd most dynamic athlete among WRs and he'd very possibly be our MOST dynamic receiver this year. There's just a decided lack of functional athleticism in our WR room.

And when your top pass catching target is your TE...well that's a problem. Again - misfit toys.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:10 AM 09-26-2022

****ing draft better receivers, man.

I agree there’s no rule for this and that WRs can thrive. But I don’t think it’s fair to put that on skyy moore not having a talent. It is a rule for Andy Reid even if other coaches are more willing to do it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:11 AM 09-26-2022

Nobody here is saying that. I fully expect Moore to get more snaps and targets as the season goes.

You're the one making the determination that this is all we're getting for the rest of the season, not me.

Andy has always been this way with skill position players. Even Hunt and CEH weren't supposed to start day 1. Ware's injury and Williams opting out pushed them into starting roles their rookie seasons.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:12 AM 09-26-2022
He's not a slot only guy. I don't know why people continue to say this.
Because right now he's not shown he's a good ANYTHING guy.

And until he shows anything at the NFL level, what precisely would you consider an undersized receiver who relies on first step quickness and doesn't have outstanding long-speed?

You continue to view him through the lens of his top 10% outcome development and as what you WANT him to be. Not what he's shown. Not what his pedigree or draft status even suggests.

And then criticize anyone that won't follow suit.

People who call him a probable slot receiver long-term have a MUCH better basis for their argument right now than those who see him as a viable #1 WR and boundary guy long-term.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:13 AM 09-26-2022

****ing draft better receivers, man.

They did that with Hardman and Tyreek. They both started as ST’s mainly like Skyy is as rookies.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:14 AM 09-26-2022
Me at the start of TC LAST season, "Hey they're gonna have to rebuild this WR room next season. Looking forward to that DL/OL type overhaul Veach does!"

This offseason: Me: "Sweet they're rebuilding it. But if JJSS is the feature of this "rebuild" that's going to be incredibly disappointing"

Also this offseason: Me: "Please god don't take an undersized small catch radius WR like Skyy Moore"

"No Detoxing, you don't know what you're talking about, you're wrong!"

....and here we fucking are. With WR's who can't get open and a 2nd round draft pick that hasn't shown enough to get on the field.

Oh and Beineimy needs to fucking go too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 AM 09-26-2022
I always preach patience with draft picks, even those that I'm not a huge fan of.

The fact that anybody has to do that 3 weeks into a rookie season is pretty absurd.

But you and Detoxing are free to do your "they didn't take the guy I wanted, so I'm going to be particularly hard on the guy they did take" routine.

Still zero doubt that you will be eating crow at some point.
Lord man, I've said to start the guy because I feel like he MIGHT be able to be a man beater on a roster that doesn't have one.

I'm not being particularly hard on the guy at all. I've given him plenty of rope.

Dude's hung the shit out of himself with it thus far. This is a Skyy Moore issue, not a Detox or me issue. The guy played as big a role as anyone on this roster in costing us a football game yesterday and he did so with MINIMAL responsibilities.

He's hurt us more than he's helped. By a lot. But you have a tendency to oversell criticisms of 'your guys', just as you did with Hardman and Clark and others before them.

Nobody's being unduly critical of Skyy Moore. He's simply not performing at the level many expected of him, including you.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:17 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They did that with Hardman and Tyreek. They both started as ST’s mainly like Skyy is as rookies.
Tyreek was a converted RB, FFS. Not the same thing at all.

Skyy was suppose to me a lot more polished than Hardman and Tyreek. He actually played WR.

His great, polished route running was supposed to be his thing, remember?

Quit with the Skyy Tyreek/Hardman comparisons.

And IF that IS the angle you wanna cling to, then again.....draft some actual fucking WR's who can come in and play early.

"The Chiefs start rookies at literally every other position other than WR" is not a real thing by design. Stop convincing yourself it is.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:20 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Because right now he's not shown he's a good ANYTHING guy.
This. Quit telling me all this great shit he can do. Get on the field and do it. There isn't a person in the world that thinks MVS or Justin Watson are these supreme talents that you just can't displace.

Ya'll acting like he's got the Bengals' trio in front of him or something.

If Skyy Moore is all that and a bag of chips, then direct me at who i should be angry at then.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 38
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up