ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 208
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2021 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:02 PM 04-28-2021
Version 2021 - REVENGE TOUR EDITION

Let's ****ing do this.

Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here is our current pick order:Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:41 AM 04-30-2021
Sweet moment last night. Although I’m not sure how realistic it is because you never know how a guy’s career will play out long term.

New Colts pass rusher Kwity Paye telling his mother that she’s done working and will be retiring is an amazing moment �� pic.twitter.com/Bti1MHWBmn

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) April 30, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 08:53 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I have a 4th round grade on ETN.

Doesn't run great routes, mediocre hands, horrible pass pro, questions on vision and gets tackled too easily.

Rather have Damien Williams.
:-)

Who the fuck is this guy?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:25 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The talking heads absolutely LOVE Fields.

They think he's Deshaun Watson.
I'm not all that high on Fields, but I WILL say that's a pretty good situation for him.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:28 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Damien Wilson was fine for the price
Would he cost us what Damien Wilson cost us or what Hitchens did?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:35 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I know y'all have been mocking the Raiders on Leatherwood, but I'm actually pretty excited about it today. Last night was a total WTF.

Walter football is the best draft site every year. They had him going at 17.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingr...eatherwood.php

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021_1.php

Guy has all the traits that Cable wants in his OTs. Y'all were so excited about Slater's 9.71 RAS score. Leatherwood is right behind him at 9.68, and has longer arms.

He'll step in immediately at RT and is dominating in the run game, a huge weakness for us last year. Cable will likely be able to fix some of his technique issues in the pass game.
It's a reach, but Leatherwood is an OK player. I think the problem here is that the Raiders went out of their way to manufacture this need and overall they aren't any better of a team.

That's a problem.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:41 AM 04-30-2021
I know y'all have been mocking the Raiders on Leatherwood, but I'm actually pretty excited about it today. Last night was a total WTF.

Guy has all the traits that Cable wants in his OTs. Y'all were so excited about Slater's 9.71 RAS score. Leatherwood is right behind him at 9.68, and has longer arms.

He'll step in immediately at RT and is dominating in the run game, a huge weakness for us last year. Cable will likely be able to fix some of his technique issues in the pass game.
Dude....Walterfootball is garbage. They’re right above PFF.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:46 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Dude....Walterfootball is garbage. They’re right above PFF.
Sometimes you believe what's convenient.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:49 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

Who the **** is this guy?
Someone that will take your lunch money if you were in my fantasy league.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:24 AM 04-30-2021

Lots of bad grades out there on this pick. As of right now, I think it was a mistake & the worst pick of the first round. They could have traded down and picked him up later. But nobody knows how a player will transition to the NFL until they play. So we’ll see.

From CBS:
“No disrespect to Alabama offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood, whose dreams came true Thursday night. But since when do the Raiders deserve the benefit of the doubt for reaching on a first-round prospect? Widely considered more of an early Day Two target, Leatherwood instead went No. 17 despite other tackles like Christian Darrisaw -- and top defenders like Jamin Davis and Kwity Paye -- being available. Las Vegas shuffled its O-line this offseason, but it's very hard to say it got better.”
[Reply]
RunKC 10:26 AM 04-30-2021
Okay I was wrong on the Bengals pick. Cosmi and/or Jenkins will be available. Amazing value for them today
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:27 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Lots of bad grades out there on this pick. I think it was a mistake & the worst pick of the first round. They could have traded down and picked him up later. But nobody knows how a player will transition to the NFL until they play. So we’ll see.

From CBS:
“No disrespect to Alabama offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood, whose dreams came true Thursday night. But since when do the Raiders deserve the benefit of the doubt for reaching on a first-round prospect? Widely considered more of an early Day Two target, Leatherwood instead went No. 17 despite other tackles like Christian Darrisaw -- and top defenders like Jamin Davis and Kwity Paye -- being available. Las Vegas shuffled its O-line this offseason, but it's very hard to say it got better.”
Kiper said basically the same thing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:36 AM 04-30-2021
I think Leatherwood will be a fine player. They could probably plug him in at RT or Guard day 1 and do just fine.

I think the argument is more about positional value. I get that. They coulda had Farley or Jamin Davis etc.

The player himself i think will be just fine.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:40 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think Leatherwood will be a fine player. They could probably plug him in at RT or Guard day 1 and do just fine.

I think the argument is more about positional value. I get that. They coulda had Farley or Jamin Davis etc.

The player himself i think will be just fine.
Hes a solid player. I think they took him a bit early though.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:43 AM 04-30-2021
Bears were the big winners last night. Aaron Rodgers wants out, Stafford replaced by Goff and they were able to get Fields, who I think will do well under Nagy.

Things are looking up for them
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:46 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bears were the big winners last night. Aaron Rodgers wants out, Stafford replaced by Goff and they were able to get Fields, who I think will do well under Nagy.

Things are looking up for them
I like Fields but don't trust Nagy at all. He is very stubborn and I worry that he won't build his offense to Fields correctly.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 208
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Up