ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 178 of 190
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:03 AM 04-17-2024
The closer it gets, if a guy like Newton, Kool-Aid, etc. falls I would be tempted just to take them instead.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:07 AM 04-17-2024
From Bob McGinn’s article citing scouts on the WR’s:

Originally Posted by :
Those 15 executives plus another were asked to rank the wide receivers on a 1-2-3-4-5 basis. A first-place vote was worth 5 points, a second-place vote was worth 4 and so on.

Harrison, with 11 firsts, led with 72 points. Following, in order, were Malik Nabers (65, four), Rome Odunze (49, one), Brian Thomas (13), Xavier Worthy (12), Keon Coleman (eight), Mitchell (eight), Xavier Legette (seven), Ladd McConkey (three), Ja’Lynn Polk (two) and Roman Wilson (one).
I think that’s about the way I see it going minus Coleman. I think Worthy is WR5 and his speed will be the selling point. Buffalo is the betting favorite for Worthy and I think that makes a ton of sense after they watched Tyreek give them frustrations in KC and Miami as well as Waddle. I think they want a deep threat field stretcher that they currently don’t have on the roster.

It’s WR6 for us and there’s varying opinions on who that is. Mitchell? McConkey? Franklin?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:17 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The closer it gets, if a guy like Newton, Kool-Aid, etc. falls I would be tempted just to take them instead.
I'm just ready to throw some heavy capital at the offense, that's all.

And no, I'm not down for Kool-Aid in the first. I don't think he's THAT good a prospect and I think we get too much value from DBs in the middle rounds. This isn't a McDuffie situation where a top 10-12 prospect slipped into the 20s. It's maybe a situation where a top 20ish prospect slips to 30.

That's a different creature for me. That's a borderline '1st round grade' guy at CB vs. a legit blue-chip guy in McDuffie.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:29 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm just ready to throw some heavy capital at the offense, that's all.

And no, I'm not down for Kool-Aid in the first. I don't think he's THAT good a prospect and I think we get too much value from DBs in the middle rounds. This isn't a McDuffie situation where a top 10-12 prospect slipped into the 20s. It's maybe a situation where a top 20ish prospect slips to 30.

That's a different creature for me. That's a borderline '1st round grade' guy at CB vs. a legit blue-chip guy in McDuffie.
I don't think Kook-Aid is a true 1st round grade like McDuffie was. Just saying if he's sitting there at 32, there's a solid chance that he's better than the OTs and WRs available.

Newton on the other hand is a top 20 player with a 1st round grade easily. I probably shouldn't have put Kool-Aid in the same category, just a couple guys at other positions of need that might be BPA.

With Newton, I probably give into that temptation, whereas with Kool-Aid, I probably don't
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:39 AM 04-17-2024
Yeah, I'm probably with you there. Newton would be hard to pass on.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I'm probably with you there. Newton would be hard to pass on.
If you have a legit 1st round grade on him, I think it would be a disservice not to.

I usually don't read too much into what Andy says, but when talking about OT/WR in the 1st, he said when you're picking 32nd you have to just take what the board gives you.

Obviously they could trade up and all this becomes moot, but I think it would be silly to pass up on Newton for WR6 or OT7.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:01 PM 04-17-2024
If diabetes writes off the low effort plays i'm in af on Mitchell at 32. But if that's just a pure effort deal its kind of rough. Watching every snap makes him a head scratcher for me. There's plays where he's 50% running, you think okay that pass is going elsewhere, then he gets the ball and some times still just doesn't look like he's trying to turn it on with the ball in his hands. Then other times he looks like he could borderline compete with the top tier. He's the hardest one for me.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:05 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
If diabetes writes off the low effort plays i'm in af on Mitchell at 32. But if that's just a pure effort deal its kind of rough. Watching every snap makes him a head scratcher for me. There's plays where he's 50% running, you think okay that pass is going elsewhere, then he gets the ball and some times still just doesn't look like he's trying to turn it on with the ball in his hands. Then other times he looks like he could borderline compete with the top tier. He's the hardest one for me.
I saw somebsky mention that this was sometimes an issue for Worthy as well, so they thought it was probably a Texas thing. If the coaches don't allow it, it won't happen kind of deal
[Reply]
Jerm 12:15 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
From Bob McGinn’s article citing scouts on the WR’s:

I think that’s about the way I see it going minus Coleman. I think Worthy is WR5 and his speed will be the selling point. Buffalo is the betting favorite for Worthy and I think that makes a ton of sense after they watched Tyreek give them frustrations in KC and Miami as well as Waddle. I think they want a deep threat field stretcher that they currently don’t have on the roster.

It’s WR6 for us and there’s varying opinions on who that is. Mitchell? McConkey? Franklin?
Worthy to Buffalo is one of my draft nightmares...
[Reply]
VAChief 12:17 PM 04-17-2024
I'm not that excited about McConkey in the first, but I thought this was interesting:

Ladd McConkey is one of my favorite players in this class and I do not care that he's under 6-0 and doesn't even weigh 190 lbs. He's an elite separator at all three levels and he plays every bit as fast as his 4.39 40.

He's a first-round talent for me all day long and Lord help the rest of the AFC if the Chiefs take him at No. 32.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...hael-penix-jr/
[Reply]
staylor26 12:26 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Worthy to Buffalo is one of my draft nightmares...
No way they take Worthy. With Shakir and Samuel as their top 2 WRs, that's a team that desperately needs size now.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:31 PM 04-17-2024
I saw somebsky mention that this was sometimes an issue for Worthy as well, so they thought it was probably a Texas thing. If the coaches don't allow it, it won't happen kind of deal
I watched every snap of Worthy, I think Modsocks posted it a few weeks ago in this thread, and came away more impressed over all with him. He had a few plays off but not as many and not to the extreme Mitchell does. I know Nick Jacobs loves to bitch about WR's to don't block, and I personally don't really care as long as they try, but Mitchells effort there was piss poor on the every snap from 2023. And it seems Reids big on that. But fuck those highlights are good lol. It's like perfect 10 but shes got Ben Solaks voice and Josh Allens lifeless glass doll eyes.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:57 PM 04-17-2024
No way they take Worthy. With Shakir and Samuel as their top 2 WRs, that's a team that desperately needs size now.
I think they're a sneaky spot for Coleman or Legette if BTjr doesn't fall into their laps...
[Reply]
staylor26 01:02 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I think they're a sneaky spot for Coleman or Legette if BTjr doesn't fall into their laps...
I think Mitchell is most likely.
[Reply]
In58men 04:14 PM 04-17-2024
Are you doing this trade for, I assume, Bowers?

With all due respect, this https://t.co/XSFeVHb9rN draft trade idea for the Chiefs is psychotic. pic.twitter.com/Trn6Fg73BO

— Patrick Allen (@RPatrickAllen) April 17, 2024

[Reply]
Page 178 of 190
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188 > Last »
Up