ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Upset Friend by Texting while Drunk
crayzkirk 05:42 PM 11-29-2022
About a month ago, I was into the Whiskey and looking for reasons (excuses) to dive deeper into the abyss. I texted a friend while drunk and asked him why he had put me down in front of some people we were golfing with. He's super competitive and does this to mess with me because he knows I don't like it. It didn't really set well with me however I didn't say anything at the time. Mistake one. Mistake two was texting while drunk asking him why he felt it was necessary to put me down in front of a group of strangers. He asked if I was drinking Whiskey and I said yes. He basically texted back the he was sorry I feel bad. I sent him a text the next day saying that I was sorry for acting like a victim and was embarrassed by the whole thing. The last response I got was "I'm done with this conversation.".

This is someone that I've known for 40 years and helped me after my father died. We've been through a lot and I haven't heard anything from him. I'm to the point where I feel like dropping by his house to make sure he's okay. I haven't gotten any responses to texts about anything; wishing him a happy Thanksgiving, etc.

WTF am I supposed to do?

CrayzKirk
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:50 PM 11-29-2022
How to lose a guy in 10 days starring chiefs planet
[Reply]
notorious 07:56 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I just got out of the pool!!!!!

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:59 PM 11-29-2022
This kind of thing happens between chicks
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:04 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Sometimes you can just use a person up. That famously happened between Nimoy and Shatner. Nimoy just quit taking his calls and responding to him, died not long after, and to this day Shatner doesn't know what he did. Personally, I suspect it was a cumulative thing running over decades.

That may well be the case here. And unfortunately it may be permanent.

Pestering the guy won't help. He'll either reach out to you on his own or he won't. But he's clearly annoyed as **** with you right now, and every call, text or message will just add to that.

Based on what you said, though, he does sound like a bit of a dick. Perhaps you're better off without him in your life.
I’d ghost Bill Shatner too.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:09 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
WTF
Sounds like the "friend" is tired of dealing with a drunk.
OP probably transforms into sloppy drunk after 3 shots..
I've know many. They suck to be around and should never touch alcohol again.
[Reply]
Dark Horse 08:14 PM 11-29-2022
A bit of advice. When your wife’s friends come over and they drink wine and watch the notebook. Just leave next time go do something manly like mma fighting or bull riding or get drunk and shoot stuff.
[Reply]
Fronti3r 09:08 PM 11-29-2022
2 things here: you need to be a better friend and get better friends. This all sounds like Junior High stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:16 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Fronti3r:
2 things here: you need to be a better friend and get better friends. This all sounds like Junior High stuff.
Pretty much this.

Fix your shit before you go talking to him.
[Reply]
Fish 09:45 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Dude didn't talk to you for two months because you unknowingly helped someone he got in a fight HE assaulted?

JFC, I love my boring life of working from home and watching sports at home. :-)
I guess I took that as the dude that got punched out didn't come around for two months because he was just ashamed. :-)
[Reply]
wazu 09:53 PM 11-29-2022
“I’m done with this friendship.” That’s what his final text really meant.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:53 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
I guess I took that as the dude that got punched out didn't come around for two months because he was just ashamed. :-)
OOHH... yeah, maybe I'm a dumbass. That would make a lot more sense, getting knocked the fuck out at a Padres game.

When you have friends like that... :-)
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:31 PM 11-29-2022
Everything is fine. He’s probably got other problems and this isn’t even on his mind. You’ve got to be more confident and less self absorbed. He was there for you during a death and sounds like a good friend for a long time. Be concerned about his problems, not about his joking with you over golf.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:55 PM 11-29-2022
There’s ways to go about shit like this with friends. Especially the texting afterwards about. I understand the drunk texting dilemma. But hey take this as a learning lesson. I get how you feel and all that, but your emotions gotta be put aside for a minute and reevaluate that part.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:09 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
OOHH... yeah, maybe I'm a dumbass. That would make a lot more sense, getting knocked the fuck out at a Padres game.

When you have friends like that... :-)
:-) Will always remember this super fucking obnoxious Raiders fan at work coming in on a Monday after the Raiders came to town just COVERED in bruises, welts, and cuts. He told me he was in a pretty serious accident and got T Boned. Just kind of took him at face value and went about my day. A bit later the guy next to me on the line walks over and says this chucklefuck told him he'd been rear ended instead. Pretty easy to put 2+2 together after that and poor dude got shit on for days. I did feel a bit bad for him though, dude got right and proper beat the fuck down from the look of it.
[Reply]
-King- 11:23 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Moving something isn't going to work; he has a bad back.

I sent him a text saying I didn't understand why he didn't tell me to stick a tampon in my bleeding vag and put on my big boy pants. I really despise it when people act like victims so I wasn't feeling very good about myself.

This was a build up from a number of other times that we had plans to get together and head down to the lake for a weekend of golf and drinking. He would cancel at the last minute for various reasons and then would say what a great time he was having with his family someplace else. The last excuse was his back was messed up and he couldn't golf only to send me a text of him golfing.

We're both screwed up. I tend to hold onto things even though I know I shouldn't.

I was feeling particularly miserable that weekend because another one of my friends cancelled out a lake weekend. He agrees to do it and then at the last minute, something always comes up.

I'm starting to think that I need to take the hint and just fuck off...
You kind of seem exhausting to hang out with tbh...
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up