ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3659 of 4825
« First < 2659315935593609364936553656365736583659 366036613662366336693709375941594659 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:05 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The Broncos 14.3 points per game is the worst in the NFL since 2000.
So they have the 704th-best offense in the NFL.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:16 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
...The only advantage KC had over Denver last year was their QB. We gave you guys fits with Teddy and Drew. What do you think is going to happen now that we have an actual "dude" at QB?

Denver is going to be nasty offensively. Nobody has four corners on their roster who can matchup with Jeudy, Sutton, Patrick and Hamler. We will have multiple matchups in our favor every single play, and if the passing game isn't working Denver can pummel you with Javonte Williams.

[Reply]
Direckshun 10:19 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
I encourage everyone to dig back through this thread and find YOUR favorite post from Summer 2022 and quote it!

The funniest one wins!
Hey I was a believer in the Broncos this past offseason.

I don't think anybody here thought that Pete Carroll was the secret to Russ' success, but watching Geno ball out, I don't think there's any doubt. The Broncos did have a slate of receivers I liked, I was a Javonte Williams fan, and the defense has proven to be damn stingy.

I just didn't expect Hackett to be this completely unprepared to coach a football team. And I didn't expect Russ to implode.

This team is probably at least a game above .500 if either Hackett or Russ were league-average.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:24 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Hey I was a believer in the Broncos this past offseason.

I don't think anybody here thought that Pete Carroll was the secret to Russ' success, but watching Geno ball out, I don't think there's any doubt. The Broncos did have a slate of receivers I liked, I was a Javonte Williams fan, and the defense has proven to be damn stingy.

I just didn't expect Hackett to be this completely unprepared to coach a football team. And I didn't expect Russ to implode.

This team is probably at least a game above .500 if either Hackett or Russ were league-average.
It’s more on Russ than Hackett in my opinion. Hackett is bad, but Wilson is an unmitigated disaster. It’s easy to blame Hackett for play calling but even when he turned it over the results were the same. Wilson is not a rookie, so unless Hackett refuses to allow audibles then Wilson should be able to audible out of bad plays. Also there is plenty of evidence that Hackett is scheming receivers open and Wilson misses them. It’s amazing how much of a butt of jokes he has become around the league.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:41 AM 11-28-2022
:-) Knowmo
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:53 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It’s more on Russ than Hackett in my opinion. Hackett is bad, but Wilson is an unmitigated disaster. It’s easy to blame Hackett for play calling but even when he turned it over the results were the same. Wilson is not a rookie, so unless Hackett refuses to allow audibles then Wilson should be able to audible out of bad plays. Also there is plenty of evidence that Hackett is scheming receivers open and Wilson misses them. It’s amazing how much of a butt of jokes he has become around the league.
Hackett gave up play calling, but I'm not sure which plays were available changed. One of the biggest differences from what Wilson did before is that he is now in shotgun 95% of the time or more. That did not change when playcalling was given to Kubiak.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:03 AM 11-28-2022
None of the wins during the last few years mattered. Nothing was ever on the line. I didn't care when Denver was pummeling Alex Smith into the dirt and you shouldn't have cared about beating Drew Lock.

Now that Big Russ is here the counting can begin..
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
And, I'm much more content with it since Wilson is 33 and not nearly 39 like Rodgers. Wilson could/should be good for the next 6-7 years.

They also have a R2, two R3 and two R4 picks in this draft. That's 5 solid picks and they can move up a bit if they like and it won't cost much.

:-)
I'd assume Paton preferred the 33 year old HOF QB, who spends $1,000,000 per year on his body and plans on playing until he's 45, over the 38 year old HOF QB, who could retire at any moment.
I'll say this... we all know that this is a QB driven league and if you don't have a consistent top performer, the team isn't going anywhere.

Denver made the move to get Wilson to solve this problem. We can break down and discuss why things didn't work out in SEA for the last 5 years a hundred different ways.

We can also break down the merits or lack of with the talent on the team he is joining. It's what forums like this were built for - every joe six pack gets a voice and a chance to show why he's smarter than NFL coaches.

There were so "pure gold" QBs in this draft and in this division, the longer you wait to get a top QB, the longer you will suck. All in, I think it's a fine deal for Denver and if Wilson can play at the level he has (even last year was a decent statistical year) until he's 38-39, then it's worth the trade.

The AFCW is KC's to lose for the next decade, bottom line. One of the other teams can win it maybe 3-4 times in the next decade, which means those other 6 years, the other teams are staring at the wildcard.

Two team should be able to emerge from this division every year, so it's going to be a dog fight.

The Broncos have a strong nucleus in all 3 phases right now, but they still need impact players in the draft and FA ... and they have good cap space.

Draft 22:
R2:64
R3:75
R3:96
R4:113
R4:114

That's 4 picks in the top 100 and 5 through the first 4 rounds. And, then they have 4 picks from Rounds 5-7.

Denver is not going to have issues drafting young guys in 2022. Those top 5 picks are still in the area where quality players are available. Additionally, if someone is sitting there in the 40-50's ... they can trade 2 picks to move up.

I'll worry about 2023 in 2023...

This division is going to be fun to watch in 2022 and as a Broncos' fan, it is glorious to know that we have a QB that has been statistically consistent at a high level and is only going to be 34 when the season starts.

The Broncos are easily built right now to challenge for a wildcard spot as a worst case scenario. It's baby steps and if they can hit that 10 win mark, which I believe is realistic, then they should have a legitimate shot at a wildcard. Get there, make that happen and continue to build - that's all I'm looking for right now.
But so far this one’s my favorite

I don't know why you'd concede the division to the Chiefs for the next decade. The AFCW will be a tossup for the foreseeable future.

Back when the Chiefs had Mahomes and the rest of the QB's in the division were Carr, an unknown rookie named Herbert, and Drew Lock, yeah, the Chiefs had it locked down. It's a whole new world now. KC is in a very precarious situation right now. They have major holes at important positions (DL, RT, CB), plus some holes at WR, RB, and safety and they don't have a lot of cap room to address them (currently $6M over the cap).

Mahomes isn't enough anymore. The difference between the top 5 to 7 QB's in the league is tiny. Besides overall team health, pass rush and defense is the thing that is going to determine who wins more Super Bowls in this division over the next 5 years.

[Reply]
gold_and_red 11:09 AM 11-28-2022
The one hope that the Broncos are clinging on to is that defense. Really want to see them against Mahomes and co.
Opponents are probably laughing all week when they see Wilson on tape. They don't come as focused into a game as they should. If the Denver O was better, I bet other teams would be more awake and aggressive.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:18 AM 11-28-2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:21 AM 11-28-2022
How it started…

How it’s going…

Denver D appears to be rightfully getting pissed at Russell Wilson after another inept offensive performance:pic.twitter.com/6BzaUI36FJ

— Sam Monson (@PFF_Sam) November 27, 2022

No wonder Velveeta Joe is in hiding.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:22 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Perhaps that’s why Purcell yelled at Russ. Not enough encouragement and hand slaps and pumping him up after he came off the field.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:38 AM 11-28-2022
Calling it... Broncos defeat the Chiefs in Denver this season.

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:50 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Perhaps that’s why Purcell yelled at Russ. Not enough encouragement and hand slaps and pumping him up after he came off the field.
They definitely need more hugs... was really hoping to read that Hackett was fired today. But, here we are.

@ Ravens
Chiefs
Cardinals
@ Rams
@Chiefs
Chargers

I don't think Denver combines for 50 points in those six remaining games. And, I hope there are a lot of empty seats for those remaining home games.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:53 AM 11-28-2022
They definitely need more hugs... was really hoping to read that Hackett was fired today. But, here we are.

@ Ravens
Chiefs
Cardinals
@ Rams
@Chiefs
Chargers

I don't think Denver combines for 50 points in those six remaining games. And, I hope there are a lot of empty seats for those remaining home games.
Well, seeing as you called it Dungkeys over Chiefs in Pile High….. you better hope all 50 come in that game!
[Reply]
tredadda 11:55 AM 11-28-2022

@ Ravens
Chiefs
Cardinals
@ Rams
@Chiefs
Chargers

There is still time to fire him although I don’t see that fixing what’s wrong in Denver.
[Reply]
Page 3659 of 4825
« First < 2659315935593609364936553656365736583659 366036613662366336693709375941594659 > Last »
Up