ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2559 of 4828
« First < 1559205924592509254925552556255725582559 256025612562256325692609265930593559 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:06 PM 07-03-2021
I want our division rivals to go 0-12-4 every year. I don't even want them to win against each other. Just long, drawn-out ties that last five quarters.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:14 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I for one would embrace Rodgers going to Denver. Mahomes would become instantly God level after kicking his ass twice a year.
I have been hoping everyday that AR ends up a donk. Give the farm away for a decade and be lucky if you make it to the playoffs. AR is a cancer and if he ends up in dongerville it will be a decace of :-). AR blows big games and blames everybody down to the towel boy. Please God- send him to donko hell.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:52 PM 07-03-2021
When I was just a kid we always beat Denver and San Diego. I always thought of those games as easy wins. Nobody hated them because they were no threat. We got worse and they got better, so things changed. I never really minded San Diego though, and I guess that was mostly because they had so few fans. Not true of the donks.

I knew donk fans and they were unbearably obnoxious about the Chiefs. We were so bad in those years too, so that suffering was awful. So, no, I have no sympathy for the donks or their fans whatsoever. I want them never to beat the Chiefs ever again. I want them to suffer one terrible coach after another. I want them to rage about team ownership. I want them to hate their general manager. I want them to hear the commentators laugh about what a dumpster fire they have become. I want them to pine for the good old days for decades to come. I want them to root against their own team in vain hope of getting someone fired. I want them to lose all hope of ever reaching .500 again. I want them to go on suffering humiliation after humiliation until the day I die. Fukk them.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:56 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Aaron Rodgers isn’t putting them over us. They’ll be our biggest competition but not better.

They still have Vic Fangio and Pat Shurmur while we have Andy Reid and Spags. Veach is also better than “General Paton”
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I still can’t understand why any Chiefs fan would want something good to happen for the Broncos.

No, I don’t care that we’re still better. It’s not about that. The Broncos deserve Lock/Bridgewater, not Aaron Rodgers. I want them to know it’s over before it even begins. I want them to have no hope. I want them to be miserable.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:57 PM 07-03-2021
You can’t truly hate the Broncos if you want to see them get better.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:33 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You can’t truly hate the Broncos if you want to see them get better.

Exactly.

In fact, I’d prefer to see them switch places with the Raiders as the perma 4th place AFC west team.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:50 AM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I want our division rivals to go 0-12-4 every year. I don't even want them to win against each other. Just long, drawn-out ties that last five quarters.

I say a little prayer every time Raiders and Broncos play each other and unfortunate for anyone who lives in their cities like Denver or now Vegas but my prayer goes something like this.

:-)

Dear Lord Father Abba Alpha & Omega Allah Buda Christos El Deah El Elyon El-Olam El Roi El Shaddai Elohim Yahweh-Bore Yahweh-Nissi Yahweh-Rapha Yahweh-Shalom Yahweh-Shammah Yahweh-Tsabbaoth Yahweh-Tsidkenu Yahweh-Jireh maker of Heavens and Earth (can't be too formal)

I beseech thee in prayer to please answer my prayer by smiting the Broncos and Raiders and their Cities of which they play as you did Sodom and Gomorrah what ever it takes a meteorite or fire and brimstone would be just fine but please smite them from Earth they are evil and you are good and Holy so please I don't think it's too much to ask because they are unholy.

Thank you
Lord Father Abba Alpha & Omega Allah Buda Christos God El Deah El Elyon El-Olam El Roi El Shaddai Elohim Yahweh-Bore Yahweh-Nissi Yahweh-Rapha Yahweh-Shalom Yahweh-Shammah Yahweh-Tsabbaoth Yahweh-Tsidkenu Yahweh-Jireh maker of Heavens and Earth

Amen

Sorry Rain Man if you still live in Denver my prayer one day will happen because I believe and have faith so please move and spare yourself and family before it's too late.
May our Lord & Father Abba Alpha & Omega Allah Buda Christos God El Deah El Elyon El-Olam El Roi El Shaddai Elohim Yahweh-Bore Yahweh-Nissi Yahweh-Rapha Yahweh-Shalom Yahweh-Shammah Yahweh-Tsabbaoth Yahweh-Tsidkenu Yahweh-Jireh maker of Heavens and Earth bless you Rain Man .
[Reply]
Meatloaf 07:05 AM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
When I was just a kid we always beat Denver and San Diego. I always thought of those games as easy wins. Nobody hated them because they were no threat. We got worse and they got better, so things changed. I never really minded San Diego though, and I guess that was mostly because they had so few fans. Not true of the donks.

I knew donk fans and they were unbearably obnoxious about the Chiefs. We were so bad in those years too, so that suffering was awful. So, no, I have no sympathy for the donks or their fans whatsoever. I want them never to beat the Chiefs ever again. I want them to suffer one terrible coach after another. I want them to rage about team ownership. I want them to hate their general manager. I want them to hear the commentators laugh about what a dumpster fire they have become. I want them to pine for the good old days for decades to come. I want them to root against their own team in vain hope of getting someone fired. I want them to lose all hope of ever reaching .500 again. I want them to go on suffering humiliation after humiliation until the day I die. Fukk them.

So, I'm thinking you don't much care for the donks?
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:29 AM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I say a little prayer every time Raiders and Broncos play each other and unfortunate for anyone who lives in their cities like Denver or now Vegas but my prayer goes something like this.

Dear Lord Father Abba Alpha & Omega Allah Buda Christos El Deah El Elyon El-Olam El Roi El Shaddai Elohim Yahweh-Bore Yahweh-Nissi Yahweh-Rapha Yahweh-Shalom Yahweh-Shammah Yahweh-Tsabbaoth Yahweh-Tsidkenu Yahweh-Jireh maker of Heavens and Earth (can't be too formal)

I beseech thee in prayer to please answer my prayer by smiting the Broncos and Raiders and their Cities of which they play as you did Sodom and Gomorrah what ever it takes a meteorite or fire and brimstone would be just fine but please smite them from Earth they are evil and you are good and Holy so please I don't think it's too much to ask because they are unholy.

Thank you
Lord Father Abba Alpha & Omega Allah Buda Christos God El Deah El Elyon El-Olam El Roi El Shaddai Elohim Yahweh-Bore Yahweh-Nissi Yahweh-Rapha Yahweh-Shalom Yahweh-Shammah Yahweh-Tsabbaoth Yahweh-Tsidkenu Yahweh-Jireh maker of Heavens and Earth

Amen

Sorry Rain Man if you still live in Denver my prayer one day will happen because I believe and have faith so please move and spare yourself and family before it's too late.
May our Lord & Father Abba Alpha & Omega Allah Buda Christos God El Deah El Elyon El-Olam El Roi El Shaddai Elohim Yahweh-Bore Yahweh-Nissi Yahweh-Rapha Yahweh-Shalom Yahweh-Shammah Yahweh-Tsabbaoth Yahweh-Tsidkenu Yahweh-Jireh maker of Heavens and Earth bless you Rain Man .
While you'd lose Rain Man, it wouldn't be so bad, because you'd also take out DaFace in the process.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:18 AM 07-04-2021
Knowmo?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:45 AM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Knowmo?
Crawled back under is bed in the fetal position after hearing Rodgers isn't opting out this year. His poor little soul is crushed
[Reply]
TEX 10:47 AM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:

:-) That's beautiful, man!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:23 AM 07-16-2021
Michael Lombardi:
Are the Broncos legitimate contenders?

Originally Posted by :
The last five years of Denver Broncos football can be summed up by a famous Alice Walker quote: “Time moves slowly, but passes quickly.” It seems like just yesterday the Broncos and their fans were celebrating their Super Bowl 50 win over the Carolina Panthers. Nearly six years later, they’ve yet to return to the postseason, they’ve been through three head coaches, have a 32-48 overall record in that time span, and, most crucially, have been unable to figure out their situation at quarterback. What makes matters worse is that the Broncos are 19-21 at Empower Field at Mile High over the past five years, a place that at one point was considered huge home-field advantage.

But the 2021 season offers some hope. The Broncos appear to be a team ready to compete for a spot in the playoffs and challenge the reigning AFC West Champions, the Kansas City Chiefs. After their loss to the Bucs in the Super Bowl, opponents of the Chiefs now understand the complex formula to beat them: Get pressure on quarterback Patrick Mahomes by rushing four down linemen, double wide receiver Tyreek Hill all over the field, have a safety that can cover tight end Travis Kelce, have a great tackling defense, especially from the safety position and play great in the red zone. On paper, the Broncos appear to have the kind of team that can execute that plan perfectly. But we all know paper doesn’t matter, only what happens on the field does. And on the field is where head coach Vic Fangio has had a little bit of trouble.

Fangio is entering his third season as head coach with a 12-20 record overall. Last year was a disaster — the Broncos finished 5-11 — but with injuries and COVID problems, Fangio got a mulligan from the Denver front office. That won’t happen again if he doesn’t produce winning results. He waited a lifetime for this opportunity to lead an entire team, and for the first time in his three seasons, he has a team with the potential to compete. Except it’s missing an elite quarterback.

If Aaron Rodgers were the Broncos quarterback, they would challenge the Chiefs not just for the AFC West but for a Super Bowl berth. Denver has a better overall roster than the Chiefs. They might not have superstar weapons like Kelce or Hill, but they have outstanding depth and quality across both offense and defense. What holds them back is they don’t have anyone even remotely like Mahomes, who makes everyone around him better. If Rodgers put on a Broncos uniform, players like Noah Fant, Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy would be household names. All three are exceptional; all three are held back because they don’t have a great player under center.

Overall, offensively, the Broncos should be hard to handle. They have two quality running backs, Melvin Gordan and rookie Javonte Williams. They have second-year receivers Jeudy and KJ Hamler, who can be paired with Sutton and Tim Patrick. Tight end Fant led the team in receptions last year with 62 and is one of the bright young stars at the position. Their offensive line has greatly improved under the direction of line coach Mike Munchak, one of the best in the business. Munchak has improved left tackle Garett Bolles’ performance and, most importantly, cut down on his holding penalties to four for 2020 after having 13 in 2019. Bolles’ untimely penalties used to be drive-killers that the Broncos offense couldn’t overcome. With his reduction in mistakes, the Broncos’ offensive line has become one of the team’s strong suits.

Denver has speed on the outside, can attack the middle of the field with Fant, and run with power behind the big offensive line. All the quarterback needs to do is make good decisions, take the profits from the defense and protect the ball. If either Drew Lock or Teddy Bridgewater can accomplish those goals, the Broncos offense might be able to be as effective as the Chiefs, despite not being nearly as explosive.

On defense, the Broncos have talent on every level, especially if 32-year-old Von Miller is able to channel some of the disruptive force he possessed years ago. Pairing him with a healthy Bradley Chubb will give the Broncos two big-time rushers coming off the edge. Chubb missed most of 2019 with a knee injury and Miller missed all of 2020, so we have never seen both men operate at a high level playing on the same field, which could give the Chiefs’ tackles trouble. And because of the Broncos’ inadequate offense, we have never seen both men play with the lead, which would allow them to pin their ears back and take off, not caring about the run. Even though the Chiefs traded for Orlando Brown to be their starting left tackle, they didn’t extend his contract beyond this season, a true indication that they want him to prove he can handle the left tackle position in their pass-happy offense. Brown played left tackle last year for the Ravens and benefited from Baltimore’s run game. In Kansas City, defenses will be thinking pass first, and Brown must prove he can secure the edge against top-flight rushers, of which Denver has two.

If cornerback Patrick Surtain, Denver’s 2021 first-round pick, proves to be a great coverage man as he was in college, then the Broncos have four corners who can confuse opposing quarterbacks and create turnovers. Surtain joins veterans Kyle Fuller, Ronald Darby, and Bryce Callahan, who are well-versed in Fangio’s disguising scheme. Fangio has the type of defense he craves—rushers who can dominate, corners who can disguise, and safeties who can tackle and make plays on the ball. Justin Simmons, his franchise safety, is a ball hawk and one of the better tackling safeties in football, who should benefit the most from the Chubb-Miller pass rush festival.

Fangio loves to make the quarterback believe he is playing quarters coverage, then after the snap he changes the look, making it hard to determine if the middle of the field is open or closed. If he has the right combination of players, as he does with the Broncos, Fangio’s exotic blitzes can confuse the quarterback and force turnovers. There is no excuse for the Broncos not to be a top-five defense, particularly with fans back in the stands.

As you can tell, everything is looking bright for the Broncos to have a breakout season and get back to being a dominating team in the NFL. The only issue — and it’s a big issue — is they have the worst quarterbacking situation in the AFC West by far and one of the worst situations in the entire AFC. It’s the only thing holding them back. They have a good, athletic young team, ready to compete, but because of the lack of talent at the one most vital positions, no one believes they have a chance to win the West or make a playoff run.

So, what is the solution? Fangio knows he must win this season and even though the front office left him quarterback-less, the franchise won a Super Bowl with less than stellar play from the quarterback so complaining about not having an elite passer won’t work. When Peyton Manning won the Super Bowl with Denver in 2015, he didn’t make any spectacular plays, but he also didn’t kill them with dumb turnovers. He played smart within the confines of his diminishing talents. That Broncos team won the title from doing just enough on offense and avoiding back-breaking blunders to lose games. Can they accomplish the same thing all over again this season? It’s hard to say one way or the other, as Fangio must demand a certain level of aggressive offense at the right time, along with being conservative when the situation calls for it.

Most of the national media is centered on the Los Angeles Chargers being the most improved team in the West because of quarterback Justin Herbert, which makes sense. The Chargers underachieved last season and with more diversity on defense and better protection for Herbert, they should improve. But they are not as complete of a team as the Broncos—in fact, no one team in the AFC can match the Broncos across the board on talent, expect for at the one most important position.

So, this year will show us the answer to the fundamental question most ask: can a team legitimately compete for a Super Bowl without a Blue-Chip passer? Denver is about to find out.

[Reply]
staylor26 09:34 AM 07-16-2021

I’ll save everybody from reading that. No, the Broncos are not legitimate contenders.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:34 AM 07-16-2021
They are the 90’s Chiefs post Montana with a worse coach and worse QB.

Meanwhile we are a better version of Elway/Rat in an offense first driven league

If they don’t have Rodgers they’re fucked
[Reply]
Page 2559 of 4828
« First < 1559205924592509254925552556255725582559 256025612562256325692609265930593559 > Last »
Up