ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 94
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
vailpass 06:14 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:
I like Game of Thrones. Pater Dinklage works out at my gym.

I wish it had more episodes every season understanding that it is a very different format from TD.
Short sets?
[Reply]
aturnis 06:43 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
OMG the ASS
Iowa girl representing.
[Reply]
Brock 08:06 PM 02-25-2014
Anybody read the television without pity recaps of this show? The guy hates the show. And he makes a lot of good points, not that it makes me like the show any less.
[Reply]
aturnis 08:09 PM 02-25-2014
What points is he making?
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 08:24 PM 02-25-2014
It's one of those love it or hate it type shows. I love it.
[Reply]
Bambi 09:04 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
NSFW
The nsfw tag didn't work or something.

Spoiler!
wtf is this? What does it have to do with True Detective? Why didn't you post it sooner?
[Reply]
Brock 09:05 PM 02-25-2014
Can anyone find a screencap of the masked man that appears in next weeks preview? I mean the guy who appears in the dirty drawings marty's girl drew.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:10 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:
wtf is this? What does it have to do with True Detective? Why didn't you post it sooner?
I think that's from Banshee. Another great show actually, I'm surprised there isn't more talk about it on here.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:53 AM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
I think that's from Banshee. Another great show actually, I'm surprised there isn't more talk about it on here.
An old school throwback with violence, action, and gratuitous titty flashes.This is a program that warms your heart.
[Reply]
Brock 01:17 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
What points is he making?
For example, when the black preacher was giving his monologue about sticks tied together to keep kids busy, the camera was focused in closeup on the cross in the church. I didn't notice that. Seems heavy handed in hindsight.
[Reply]
aturnis 05:29 PM 02-26-2014
Not sure the problem here... I personally have no problem with that.
[Reply]
Brock 06:30 PM 02-26-2014
I personally don't either.
[Reply]
underEJ 06:41 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Brock:
For example, when the black preacher was giving his monologue about sticks tied together to keep kids busy, the camera was focused in closeup on the cross in the church. I didn't notice that. Seems heavy handed in hindsight.
That is called mise en scene, and I love it. More more more! I also read a couple of his recaps and I don't think he really hates it that much, he just loves himself a whole lot more.

I do think he is dead wrong on the most recent episode where he speaks of Maggie getting the Skyler White treatment, though. I don't think Maggie could ever be as uninteresting as Skyler White. She may be bad, she may be good, she may be crazy, but she will never be uninteresting to me. This character holds her own with way less screen time than Skyler ever got. And, yes, she was called a whore by the men in the show, but I don't think viewers will hate her because of it or think she is an obstacle. I have never hated Skyler because she was an obstacle to Walter. I hated her because she was a vapid character with nothing to add to the otherwise very dynamic cast of characters. The Maggie character is a really textured presentation of a woman, not something we see very often on television. I truly hope people see the difference.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:43 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by underEJ:
That is called mise en scene, and I love it. More more more! I also read a couple of his recaps and I don't think he really hates it that much, he just loves himself a whole lot more.

I do think he is dead wrong on the most recent episode where he speaks of Maggie getting the Skyler White treatment, though. I don't think Maggie could ever be as uninteresting as Skyler White. She may be bad, she may be good, she may be crazy, but she will never be uninteresting to me. This character holds her own with way less screen time than Skyler ever got. And, yes, she was called a whore by the men in the show, but I don't think viewers will hate her because of it or think she is an obstacle. I have never hated Skyler because she was an obstacle to Walter. I hated her because she was a vapid character with nothing to add to the otherwise very dynamic cast of characters. The Maggie character is a really textured presentation of a woman, not something we see very often on television. I truly hope people see the difference.
Someone's in the biz...
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:00 PM 02-26-2014
Totally off-topic, but if you've never seen these guys and their shows, it's hilarious.

[Reply]
Page 25 of 94
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Up