ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Dwayne Haskins
The Franchise 09:00 AM 04-09-2022

Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning when he got hit by a car in South Florida, per his agent Cedric Saunders. Haskins would have turned 25 years old on May 3.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 9, 2022

RIP
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:19 AM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
The larger issue for me is that everything Schefter said was true. He sucked, but Schefter just said he struggled. It's not like he attacked his character or him as a person. He just told the truth.
There was just no tact involved in that Tweet.

Furthermore, it's not relevant. Anyone who is familiar with Haskins knows about his struggles in the NFL. Anyone who doesn't, doesn't need to hear about it on the day of his death.

Imagine on the day of your death, someone Tweets out: "Raybec, who was struggling at work and recently put on a performance plan, was killed in a car accident this morning."

Originally Posted by seamonster:
Can't stand Dwayne Haskins as a football player or as a person. He and his SJW ilk shit all over Joe Thiseman. Haskins Had a pop-up strip club brought to his house and partied with like a thousand random people while his coach was battling cancer and had no immune system. Took pictures of himself while a game was in-play and he was starting, team had to rush another QB onto the field. And he was certifiably lazy and STUPID..Haskins was a mess. It's convenient to shift the blame to his parents and the system for coddling and creating this man-child, but Dwayne was a grown man. He had every chance in the world to take responsibility for himself. And yet, he was still given endless second chances by the league (and we all know why). It got to the point where Ron Rivera was smeared in public for benching Dwayne for historically poop QB play. Dwayne and his agent were OK with that. Just like Dwayne was OK with "liking" the Redskins on social media when they fired Jay Gruden. I don't like to talk shit about victims and dead people but this kid was entitled and rotten to the core.
Great post, dude!!!!1!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:07 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pote:
This thread is the reason I rarely post at CP. I enjoy the football insight...but lots of bad humans(not all) on this website. :-)
Your contributions are sorely missed...
[Reply]
Chief Pote 03:13 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Your contributions are sorely missed...
Now you’re just being funny. :-)

You’re a good human.
[Reply]
In58men 03:28 PM 04-12-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:03 PM 04-12-2022
Oof, that one might cause some drama. I believe dude was married..?

Also, I'm so glad my days of heavy drinking are behind me. Thankfully I made it out alive, no DUIs, and didn't ever hurt anyone.

These days "going out" is having two or three beers and being home by midnight.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:50 PM 04-12-2022
Truck Stick~
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:59 PM 04-20-2022
Apparently he ran out of gas and was walking to go get some more.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/haskins...193910649.html

Originally Posted by :
Kalabrya Haskins, who was calling from Pittsburgh and unaware of the accident, told a Florida Highway Patrol dispatcher on April 9 that her 24-year-old husband had called from near Fort Lauderdale to say he was walking to get gas and would call her back. When the former Ohio State star didn't, she told the dispatcher she tried to call him but he wasn't answering.

“I just want somebody to go in the area and see if his car is there and if he’s OK and if anything happened to him," she said, her voice breaking. "It’s not like him" to not call back, she said.

The accident report released Wednesday says witnesses told investigators Haskins was trying to cross the highway when he went into the path of the dump truck. The truck knocked him into the path of a car, which also struck him.

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:13 PM 04-20-2022
So tragic and weird. How does someone unintentionally walk out in front of a dump truck on the interstate? They're pretty easy to see and hear.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:26 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
So tragic and weird. How does someone unintentionally walk out in front of a dump truck on the interstate? They're pretty easy to see and hear.
We have people die trying to cross I-35 at least a couple of times a year here in Austin. Most of the time, they just can't judge how fast those vehicles are actually traveling.
[Reply]
scho63 04:18 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think the angst is a bit overblown
The only thing overBLOWN was the last guy Billay picked up in Grindr.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:33 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Man, that's rough.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:36 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Man, that's rough.
Still........ how can you not know you are putting yourself in the path of a huge dump truck getting ready to run you over?
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:11 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Still........ how can you not know you are putting yourself in the path of a huge dump truck getting ready to run you over?
It is probably easier to get run over on the highway than you would think. A vehicle moving at highway speed is covering about 100 feet per second. If it took a man 2-3 seconds to walk 12 feet across the lane, the truck could be some distance away and still strike the man before he exits the lane. And this assumes he even saw the truck in low light conditions in the first place, that he wasn't impaired or tired impacting his judgement... The person would probably be looking ahead of him as he walked and not back at the truck to realize he misjudged how much time he had... Just a terrible mistake
[Reply]
neech 08:26 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

AAA membership they will bring gas out to your car if you run out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:27 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
It is probably easier to get run over on the highway than you would think. A vehicle moving at highway speed is covering about 100 feet per second. If it took a man 2-3 seconds to walk 12 feet across the lane, the truck could be some distance away and still strike the man before he exits the lane. And this assumes he even saw the truck in low light conditions in the first place, that he wasn't impaired or tired impacting his judgement... The person would probably be looking ahead of him as he walked and not back at the truck to realize he misjudged how much time he had... Just a terrible mistake
For a deer, I kinda get it.

But humans gauge those distances all the time through their windshield. If you drive a car, you're wired to recognize how highway speeds impact distance traveled anytime you make a turn across a highway. And at least in the midwest, that's pretty common.

Just seems like the sort of mistake that anyone who's driven a vehicle for a few years shouldn't be making.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up